Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
The_Devil_Himself -
Thanks for the hope. Still I'm not giving up on this PC. :D

Can I upgrade to other version "inside" the OS?

praka123

left this forum longback
if the iso is somehow in the harddisk:,also if already networked.
*www.foresightlinux.org/forum/topic/1/4/

*www.linuxhomenetworking.com/wiki/index.php/Quick_HOWTO_:_Ch25_:_Network-Based_Linux_Installation

GIYF

vish786

"The Gentleman"
which optical drive do u have ?

arre connect a cd-rom from other comp or ur friends comp... simple method

if ur trying virtual drive method, then use some virtualisation

praka123

left this forum longback
...even better our own forum member got howto on install from hdd-linux iso!
*instantfundas.blogspot.com/2007/08/install-any-linux-distro-directly-from.html

vish786

"The Gentleman"
drgrudge said:
The_Devil_Himself -
Thanks for the hope. Still I'm not giving up on this PC. :D

Can I upgrade to other version "inside" the OS?
u can easily install in that pc....

but first install the OS & later we can think about updating man....

shaadi be nahi huyi... aur bachche peda karne ki baat kar raha hai. ;)

:D

praka123 said:
...even better our own forum member got howto on install from hdd-linux iso!
i too thought of mentioning... but since he's noob, this method will b difficult for him.

Last edited:
OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

NucleusKore also posted something like that here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=632614&postcount=33

The above method looks easy. Shall I try that out or shall I wait for the Wubi to install the things. I already have leech Xubuntu yesterday itself.

vish786 -
I got Samung CD Rom drive and a DVD rom drive. Both are not working. Some 13 months back, before I left to Dubai, there were in top notch condition, but now I'm not sure what had happened.

Even through it showed this error: (with the optical drive as well the virtual drive)
*img223.imageshack.us/img223/525/69950488tx0.jpg

vish786

"The Gentleman"
try either of the method for getting ur optical drive work...

linux method
boot in any linux OS and insert optical drive... Open Terminal, type dmesg, here u can see something like "sda" or "sdb" or "sdc".... accordingly in terminal type "cfdisk /dev/sdx".... now flash drives partitions can be seen delete all the partitions and make "new" "fat32" single partition... and "write the paritition table" and during confirmation type "yes".

OR

windows method
insert ur optical drive & disconnect ur hdds from pc & boot into windows xp bootable cd.... follow the steps till u reach "partitioning", here delete all ur partitions & create new "fat32" partitions

and copy iso image, try again that virtual method for running distro.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

vish786 -
Hmm... looks sensible. I'll try that after some time and see how that goes about.

By the way, I tried to following the tutorial, but the GRUB4DOS folder after extracting showed something different than what was mentioned in the tut. I'm going to let this Wubi install the thing n then try to install and see what happens.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Guys, regret to tell that I'm giving up on this. This Wubi also got screwed. Tried a lot and did all I could. Turned out like the fox that couldn't reach the vine plant and gave up thinking it might be sour.

XP did the job, only that I was not satisfied with the speed. Maybe I'll install Ubuntu along with Tiger/Leopard. :D

Thanks a lot for patience and support. Awesome community here! It was great!! :)

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
drgrudge said:
Guys, regret to tell that I'm giving up on this. This Wubi also got screwed. Tried a lot and did all I could. Turned out like the fox that couldn't reach the vine plant and gave up thinking it might be sour.

XP did the job, only that I was not satisfied with the speed. Maybe I'll install Ubuntu along with Tiger/Leopard. :D

Thanks a lot for patience and support. Awesome community here! It was great!! :)
:lol:
try blackbox on windows:p

vish786

"The Gentleman"
drgrudge said:

bro u could have easily installed it, there r tons of different methods of easy installation... anyways happy "window"ing ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom