Help me out

lalam

In the zone
What do you think of this config guys:

Processor: AMD Phenom X4 965
Mobo: Asus M4A88TD M EVO/USB3
Memory: 4GB DDR3
Graphic: ATI Radeon HD 5770

This is the default assembled configuration Datamation is providing. I've not included what i won't be purchasing.

My budget is 25,000 and the above config cost 24,700. Just wanted your opinion, if it could do better? Well thank you

d3p

PowerHouse
it would be great if you mention what is the purpose of the PC ???

or fill this up for more clarity..

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/128247-pc-build-questionnaire-template.html

OP
L

lalam

In the zone
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Basically HD movies. And i listen to a lot of music so good sound, i'd want that. Some casual games.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: No intel please. Just AMD.

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 25,000. Could up it to some thousands.

4. Planning to overclock?
A: Maybe a little

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Win 7 64 or 32, either will do

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: Planning on using the one i already own so not applicable.

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: My current one is 1440X900. I don't have any plans on changing my monitor as of now.

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: I would say 6 to 7

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: This will be assembled by the store.

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: Within the next 3 days.

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Future proof much! I would like to replace the processor with the new AMD bulldozer when it hits the market.

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: Keyboard & Mouse, Speakers, UPS, Monitor

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Guwahati

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: Since i listen to a lot of music, will the default sound card suffice? If not then what sound card would you recommend between the two - Asus & Creative. I know i might have to up my budget but that's okay.

d3p

PowerHouse
IMO getting a Good sound card, will change the Music experience a lot.

BTW you have not mentioned, which Speakers you have currently....

Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD Athlon II x4 635|4000
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H|4000 [AM3 has got good future down the lane]
RAM |Corsair Value DDR3 2X2GB|2200
Graphic Card |Sapphire HD 5670 |4500
HDD |Seagate 1TB 7200.12|1700
DVD Writer |LG 22X SATA DVD|900
PSU |Corsair VX450 |3500
Case |CM RC430 Black | 2500
Sound Card |Asus Xonar DX 7.1 | 4200
| Total |27500

Optional upgrades
Component | Make | Price GPU | MSI Hawk HD5770 |7500
PSU | SeaSonic S12II 520|4100
| Grand Total |31100

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ a Corsair CX400W will down the PC price by 1k or FSP Saga II 500W + Elite 310 will down the price by 2.5k to 25k. rest of the config is in line with OP's requirement.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Dont get 5770.Get 6770.

It is actually a rebrand but it is newer out of production line and costs approximately the same.

mitraark

Decrepit
Is a SOund CArd really necessary ? If someone has to buy one Sound card he has to have A very good set of speakers.

OP
L

lalam

In the zone
IMO getting a Good sound card, will change the Music experience a lot.

BTW you have not mentioned, which Speakers you have currently....

Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD Athlon II x4 635|4000
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H|4000 [AM3 has got good future down the lane]
RAM |Corsair Value DDR3 2X2GB|2200
Graphic Card |Sapphire HD 5670 |4500
HDD |Seagate 1TB 7200.12|1700
DVD Writer |LG 22X SATA DVD|900
PSU |Corsair VX450 |3500
Case |CM RC430 Black | 2500
Sound Card |Asus Xonar DX 7.1 | 4200
| Total |27500

Optional upgrades
Component | Make | Price GPU | MSI Hawk HD5770 |7500
PSU | SeaSonic S12II 520|4100
| Grand Total |31100

Thanks! I really like your config, will have to show them this but wonder if they even have those. For out here it always seems you don't really have much of an option. Hope they do have those.
My speaker is Logitech X540. It might not really be audiophile grade but am really really happy with it's performance.

Edit: Maybe i spoke a little too soon lol The mobo doesn't support USB3 nor has Sata 6 support. Sorry i should have mentioned that earlier, my bad. Also already have a Cooler Master PSU which i will still be using.

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
Thanks! I really like your config, will have to show them this but wonder if they even have those. For out here it always seems you don't really have much of an option. Hope they do have those.
My speaker is Logitech X540. It might not really be audiophile grade but am really really happy with it's performance.

X540 is decent 5.1 & charms with Games specially. Go ahead & get a Asus Xonar DX.

Off topic: Get a Surge Protector for the same, i was too having this few years back, but got burnt twice due to High Voltage Spikes from the Mains. Finally i ended up with Z2300 after RMA-ing in twice.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
X-540 is a great set of speakers.I have 2 at home (one for cousins other is mine).

best sub-10k speakers in its time IMHO for gaming and mutimedia.

OP
L

lalam

In the zone
Just stumbled upon this mobo Gigabyte GA- 870A UD3 (Rev 3.1), i believe it's better but i want your say.

d3p

PowerHouse
X-540 is a great set of speakers.I have 2 at home (one for cousins other is mine).

best sub-10k speakers in its time IMHO for gaming and mutimedia.

BTW X540 were not in sub 10k catagory, it was in Sub 100$ & was costing less than 5.5k including the tax.

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
I got my x540 from Computer Warehouse, bangalore in Dec 2009 & paid 5.5k.

Just unpacked from their box & kept on the study table.

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/_1f5glyXiBTM/S79yX4FBHAI/AAAAAAAAAHI/womQS2jMwRY/s640/Zeiss932.jpg

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
@d3p5kor you have a super rig man.Well organized desktop i would say super:D
Enjoy ur speaker beat also.

d3p

PowerHouse
I was having it in 2010 till june, then I burnt two X540 sets & got a Z2300 as replacement, coz X540 was End of life.

Both of two X540 sets got burnt, because of my mis handling but fortunately it were under warranty.

I paid extra 3k for Z2300.

Last edited:
Top Bottom