Help me buying an Android phone at 15-18k

bhaskar

Broken In
Hi, I am planning to buy my first android phone now and have a budget of 15-18k. Went to a croma store nearby and liked two phones specially. The Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V (Selling at 17.5k) and Samsung Galaxy SL (selling at around 18k). Which will be a better buy? please provide any other option also if available. And how is the Dell Venue? Saw its specs and they seem pretty good (selling at 14.5k)..

heres what i want:
1) Android OS
2) Min 3.7" screen with a good display
3) Secondary camera (Dell venue does n't have it)

Is the 320MB internal memory on the Neo V a deal breaker? I will not be using my phone to play too many games. Thanks in advance for your replies...

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
1) You can always transfer apps to the memory card using apps2sd
2) The SE Neo V is the de-facto phone people will suggest to you at your budget. Right now, arguably it is the phone to get in your budget. There are also reports that SE will be releasing Ice-Cream sandwich update for it too.

OP
B

bhaskar

Broken In
1) You can always transfer apps to the memory card using apps2sd
2) The SE Neo V is the de-facto phone people will suggest to you at your budget. Right now, arguably it is the phone to get in your budget. There are also reports that SE will be releasing Ice-Cream sandwich update for it too.

Thanks thetechfreak... Is there any particulat area where the Neo V will score above the Galaxy SL? The Galaxy has bigger screen(4" compared to 3.7"), better internal memory (4Gb, ithink 2gb usable) and larger battery. The Neo V has LED flash but the primary camera is not my concern as i have a DSLR for my photography needs.

Is the display in Neo V with BE better than the Super LCD in galaxy SL?

Thanks

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
don't go for SL now. if you can wait a month, there will be many more launches (already announced at CES & WMC).

OP
B

bhaskar

Broken In
don't go for SL now. if you can wait a month, there will be many more launches (already announced at CES & WMC).

Thanks Sam, Can you please be a more specific on the models that are going to be launched? It will help me to search them now. And yes, i can wait for 1-2 months....

amjath

Human Spambot
Neo V has everything front camera, LED flash, Good Display [my frd owns it]. they packed everything @ that price which is awesome

sky770

Journeyman
HTC One V

no secondary :|

Is the display in Neo V with BE better than the Super LCD in galaxy SL?

:-D

"better"?

:|

Bro ever heard of Bravia mobile engine? :twisted: its there present in neo V; a quick pointer: checkout youtube for more neo V's display quality.

Do check this "what sony's bravia engine really does by gsmarena" :)

PLUS as per gsm arena neo V has:
480 x 854 pixels, 3.7 inches (~265 ppi pixel density)

" (~265 ppi pixel density)" which means its a super..supaaah fine screen as compared to other available models at this price range (~16-18k):-D.

I have been monitoring mob market for almost 2 weeks now and trust me except for the plastic build of neo V its a freakingly awesome phone with a nice price tag:wink:

Last edited:
OP
B

bhaskar

Broken In
no secondary :|
Bro ever heard of Bravia mobile engine? :twisted: its there present in neo V; a quick pointer: checkout youtube for more neo V's display quality.

Do check this "what sony's bravia engine really does by gsmarena" :)

PLUS as per gsm arena neo V has:

" (~265 ppi pixel density)" which means its a super..supaaah fine screen as compared to other available models at this price range (~16-18k):-D.

I have been monitoring mob market for almost 2 weeks now and trust me except for the plastic build of neo V its a freakingly awesome phone with a nice price tag:wink:

Thanks much.. Liked the way you replied. Will check out what you said. I liked the Neo V myself but needed someone else to tell me to buy it over the galaxy SL.... :)

sky770

Journeyman
Thanks much.. Liked the way you replied. Will check out what you said. I liked the Neo V myself but needed someone else to tell me to buy it over the galaxy SL.... :)

:-D Thanks.

BTW Xperia ray's price/rate is decreasing in the market is now literally at the same price point as of xperia neo V. (dunno why but.. :cool:)

FYI: Ray has ~297 ppi :D :D vs neo V's 265 (as per gsmarena)

Maybe our TDF fellas would help in putting some light on the pros/cons of these two.

SE xperia neo V vs SE xperia ray:-D

Let the war begin (srry just going to play BF3; making up my mood now:twisted:)

mitraark

Decrepit
Ray has a very small screen 3.3" :(

Hoping that Neo V price will fall drastically in 2 months when the new models come out.

aroraanant

Explorer
There are many mobiles like One V, Xperia U which are gonna come in market soon,may be in a month.And will be prices around 18k hopefully.
Or if you want to buy now then Neo V is the best option

sky770

Journeyman
There are many mobiles like One V, Xperia U which are gonna come in market soon,may be in a month.And will be prices around 18k hopefully.
Or if you want to buy now then Neo V is the best option

+1 :D

xperia U looks cool (though I find xperia P's all alluminium unibody more sexier than U's all poly carbonate thingy:mrgreen:)

just hoping that the indian version for xperia U is having a card slot at the time of launch. :)

Note: IMO xperia U's body looks more stronger than the neo V.:wwe: (P's just awWsome! :p:p)

:mrgreen:

OP
B

bhaskar

Broken In
Thanks guys for all your responses. Going through the discussions, it seems it will be better to wait for a month now for the releases of the new phones. Will keep posting here if i find any update or make my purchase...

+1 :D

xperia U looks cool (though I find xperia P's all alluminium unibody more sexier than U's all poly carbonate thingy:mrgreen:)

The Xperia P looks really awesome... Any ideas what will be its launch price?

Top Bottom