help me buying a gaming pc!!!!!!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
This review clearly speaks itself that this proccy is not that much good for overclocking.

this only matters if you are ready to buy some expensive HSF & OC the last drop of performance out of it. on stock cooler, it runs stable at 3.5Ghz. also mind you not all processors same. some may OC past 4Ghz & some may fail at ~3.6Ghz. also if you compare it to Intel processors, than AMD processors don't OC well but also cost less. considerable less.

And I am not saying that it is a bad proccy but i only suspecting that it might not keep up through upcoming games and applications. And if I am wrong than plz correct me.

it'll. actually the H/W is becoming so fast day by day that we sometimes forget that most games still use 2processors & some 3. only rarely does a game use the full processing power.

yes, it'll be slower than an Intel powered gaming rig but the performance difference will only be noticeable under if you max out everything on a really processor heavy game. but in normal games, where you get 50FPS & an Intel SB rig scores 60FPS, the difference isn't noticeable easily.

so get a 3Ghz+ X4 or a 2.8Ghz+ X6 and spend the rest on graphics card + PSU combo.

Yeah its true that 1055t is good at multithreaded apps but i was talking about gaming performance.In gaming performance 955 is way better than 1055t. And I dont think there will be any games in next two years that will be consuming more than four cores. That's why I said that.
And biggest point , till now i've seen two pc's with 1055t proccy and they both disappointed me.

yes, absolutely true but usually the difference in performance isn't ground breaking & X6 OC better & runs cooler than X4 counterparts (AMD tweaked the architecture a bit). but don't get a way too slow X6. get the 2.8-2.9Ghz unit.

My frnd bought a 1055t rig with 1055t abt a month ago and here is the config.

amd 1055t
msi mobo , (i dont know its model exactly:!: but he bought it for 5.5k)
xfx HD5850
3gb kingston ram
iball cabinet
640gb hdd

the problem maybe: XFX cards heat a bit, 3Gb ram is not dual ch (odd), 640Gb HDD maybe Green & finally iBall cabby with a local PSU running a highend card is an excellent alternate to plastic explosive & IEDs (hope your friend don't blow up his whole PC)

his pc is quiet sluggish and it hangs every now and then. I think it is due some virus. but I am still not sure abt the performance of 1055t.

and i think NZXT gamma is not looks as good as Cooler Master elite 430.
But if there will be any budget constrains than i will but it.

virus + bad PSU + slow HDD maybe the cause. about cabby, it depends. not everyone likes a odd looking black box sit next to their PC :smile:

every black edition proccy from amd has got a larger headroom for overclocking than that of AMD 955BE. :sad:

But thats also true that its a best buy and VFM proccy for gamers.:p

955 can OC to 3.8Ghz if used with a good cooler but the most efficient clock is 3.5Ghz as it won't require extra voltage nor any special cooling.

& it is the best gaming processor for gamers on a budget. else Intel's SB are far superior choice.

anyways how is 965 in your opinion.

Hey someone plz tell me how is "Gigabyte 80 Plus Active PFC 460W SMPS"
if its good than i can save some bucks and can buy a better gfx card:number1:

get 955 & OC it to 965's speed. done.

about Gigabyte 460W, it won't support anything over HD5770 if you don't want to stretch your PSU. also its more of a 400W unit.

deep92

Dare To Be Naive.
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 7.8k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4k
Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333 @ 2.3k
MSI GTX460 Talon Attack Version @12.5k-13k(it beats the a** out of gtx 465)
Seagate 500GB 7200.12 @ 1.7k
Corsair VX550W @ 4.5k
Cooler Master Elite @ 2.8k
Benq G2220HD 21.5" @ 7.3k

Total-42.9k
You can buy a good sata3,usb3 motherboard with extra 2.1k.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
the problem maybe: XFX cards heat a bit, 3Gb ram is not dual ch (odd), 640Gb HDD maybe Green & finally iBall cabby with a local PSU running a highend card is an excellent alternate to plastic explosive & IEDs (hope your friend don't blow up his whole PC)

sam i like the way you explain things in so detail.
and i couldnt stop laughing when i read that. :rofl::rofl: rightly said.:p

OP
S

sunilparmar

Broken In
sam dude thanx for such an nicely explained advice
but , is there any PSU in the market which is under 2.5k and can
perform well:huh?:.

I HAVE MONEY IN MY HANDS RIGHT NOW:owned: AND WANT TO BUY MY GAMING RIG RIGHT NOW:bananana: BUT STILL CONFUSED:glass_babyeyes:.
SOMEBODY PLZ GIVE ME ADVICE REGARDING A VALUE FOR MONEY(AND CHEAP) PSU AND UPS ...........
I CANT WAIT ANYMORE.
PLZZZZZZ REPLY ASAP . I AM RUNNING OUT OF PATIENCE:enforcer2::machinegun2:.

@JASKANWAR

dude,you are online plz reply!!!!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
sam i like the way you explain things in so detail.
and i couldnt stop laughing when i read that. :rofl::rofl: rightly said.:p

cause most ignore if you say its a PSU problem giving example of friends that are running some midrange cards on local Rs.400-500. & this way usually works.

sam dude thanx for such an nicely explained advice
but , is there any PSU in the market which is under 2.5k and can
perform well:huh?:.

my pleasure buddy. yes under 2.5k there are PSUs from FSP Saga II series, Gigabyte Superb series & even Xigmatek have a few PSU that can be considered.

OP
S

sunilparmar

Broken In
my pleasure buddy. yes under 2.5k there are PSUs from FSP Saga II series, Gigabyte Superb series & even Xigmatek have a few PSU that can be considered.
than what are you waiting for??????
post there models and prices and also mention if they are excluding taxes.

and also tell which one is better vfm 955be or 965be
and also tell same performance wise.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ FSP saga II 500 @ 2.5k. Moreover i got a corsair cx400 for my uncle from kolkata @ 2.5k. If you can find corsair at this price, it would indeed be a very good option.

OP
S

sunilparmar

Broken In
i am getting FSP saga II 500 @2k only.
should i buy this one. and i dont think cx400 will be enough for this rig. means it will be under peak stress on full load of gfx card and gpu.

i am getting FSP saga II 500 @2k only.
should i buy this one. and i dont think cx400 will be enough for this rig. means it will be under peak stress on full load of gfx card and gpu.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Thats a great psu worth 2k. But corsair cx400 is a bit better option than saga 500 but for the above rig, i would recommend atleast a vx 450.

OP
S

sunilparmar

Broken In
why do i need a 3.5k psu.
cant i get any other psu which can power up a this gaming rig easily and is cheaper ,likely about 2.5k.and how much power exactly this gaming rig requires.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
FSP makes good PSU but only "good". you get what you pay for. it doesn't have good protection (cost cutting measures) & won't support highend card & even if it supports may not be able to give you a stable system. i am not saying FSP or Gigabyte PSU are bad but Corsair PSU are worth the extra cost if you buy a 10k or more costly GPU.

OP
S

sunilparmar

Broken In
than is it fine to buy a FSP psu.
will it be able to sustain for next 2 years on this rig.

And here is the biggest trouble . my parents are forcing me to buy a laptop instead of a desktop . what should i do guys. should i buy a laptop or laptop.
and i wont be able to play games on the desktop. i have a total budget of 52k. is there any possibility of buying a decent gaming laptop under this price.

WTH...!!!!!!!!
what should i do?
I m in great confusion.

kya kru yaaro koi to batao.............
laptop to bakwas hota h yaar.....kya kru?

beer p k aata hun?

mere sapno par paanin firne wala h.

what i should do? How can i convince ?
desktop is way better than desktop.

plzzzz reply

are yaar koi to batao kya kru.
laptop leke apne gaming ke sapne tod du.
ya desktop leke apna sir tudwa lun????

Last edited:

srch07

Journeyman
@sunilparmar,
Well i was thinking samething in First week of this month with budget of upto 60k.

See thing is i don't like laptop untill you have a great desktop at home for you.
Because you can't use laptop's like you can use deski's. My friends have tried to use Laptop's like Deski 23/7, but finally it fries off somewhere.

Second, spare parts of laptop costs way too much, try asking for a simple dvd-rw price for laptop, you will know ;)

3rd, be sure after 1.5-2 years your laptop will become Deski without UPS, Battery will get useless, atleast for 90% it does ;)

Not to mention they have low resolution and performe way under for games ;)

Only thing i like is i can take them wherever i go, and for now i have pc in my home @ hometown, so am cool with that.

Quite much points to convience your parents :p

But don't forget when you will need to transfer your pc, it is big headache, i have transfered my old deski many times to many places so i know.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Desktops and laptops should not be compared. They were never designed for competition but to serve different purposes. A laptop can never outperform a similar specced desktop but it doesn't have to actually.

If a person is on the move too much and keeps changing places frequently, then a laptop suits him/her.

But staying at one place and going for a laptop is not a good decision. A desktop serves better in that case.

At 52k , you will get a good laptop , but don't compare it with a similarly priced desktop with the right components.

OP
S

sunilparmar

Broken In
What kinda beer are you drinking :lol:

Sir tudwa le. Sir to theek ho jayge, par sapne mat tod. :D

sahi kha bhai.... sapne nhi tutne dunga.

BEER se ab kuch nahi hota..... i am having FUEL VODKA with chicken:chicken:
cheers....mere naye desktop k naam.

and 2moro whole day mass bunk.......
i will buy a desktop.......hosh me aane k baad.

thanx to you all. after that i'll arrange a party for all nice guys who gave me good advice.:goodjob:

@sunilparmar,
Well i was thinking samething in First week of this month with budget of upto 60k.

See thing is i don't like laptop untill you have a great desktop at home for you.
Because you can't use laptop's like you can use deski's. My friends have tried to use Laptop's like Deski 23/7, but finally it fries off somewhere.

Second, spare parts of laptop costs way too much, try asking for a simple dvd-rw price for laptop, you will know ;)

3rd, be sure after 1.5-2 years your laptop will become Deski without UPS, Battery will get useless, atleast for 90% it does ;)

Not to mention they have low resolution and performe way under for games ;)

Only thing i like is i can take them wherever i go, and for now i have pc in my home @ hometown, so am cool with that.

Quite much points to convience your parents :p

But don't forget when you will need to transfer your pc, it is big headache, i have transfered my old deski many times to many places so i know.

thanx buddy
you are a good man who got me seriously.......dont take me wrong.....i am not drunk.
thanx for your valuable advice sir.
i will give you treat after buying that desktop..........good night buddy:shock:

Last edited:

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
A man with a similar taste..i like that..and yes laptops around 60k or more will give u satisfactory results in gaming..go for a desktop and u won't regret it later..

srch07

Journeyman
@keviv219
Nope, Laptops won't ever satisfy you, thats for sure.
You should always opt for 30-40k lap for basic things when you have 50k deski ;)

Top Bottom