help me buying a gaming pc!!!!!!

sunilparmar

Broken In
hello guys,

i want to buy a gaming pc and my budget is about 45k . no chance for exceeding it. plz suggest me a good configuration which can play every game and it must be good at productivity applications.
and somebody suggest me which resolution is best for gaming under such a low budget and suggest me monitor having that resolution too.
thanx in advance.

here is my questionnaire template:-

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)

A:gaming and applications like maya3d, autocad , adobe cs5
and some engineering applications.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?

A:i am open to alternate ideas/products. i cant compromise on performance only.

3. What is your MAX budget?

A:45k and cant exceed it any further.

4. Planning to overclock?

A:if possible then why not?????:grin::grin::grin::grin:

5. Which OS are you planning to use?

A:windows 7 and xp sp3.

6. How much hard drive space is needed?

A:500gb or max 1tb.

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.

A:i dont know what resolution will be best for gaming . but if i could buy a full hd 1080p then i think it will be good but may be heavy on budget.
then plz suggest what you guyz consider worthwhile.

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)

A:8.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

A:yeah i have built a simple pc .

10. When are you planning to buy the system?

A:next month.

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?

A:yeah absolutely.

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.

A:nope.

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?

A:chandigarh and i can buy it from nehru place delhi too.

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary

A:plz suggest everything which has high performance and reliability.
and can keep on for next 2years.:lol::lol:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
AMD Phenom II x4 955BE @ 6.7k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4k
Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333 @ 2.3k
Nvidia GTX560 @ 15-16k (launching soon)
Seagate 500GB 7200.12 @ 1.7k
Corsair VX550W @ 4.5k
NZXT GAMMA @ 2k
Benq G2220HD 21.5" @ 7.3k

Tortal - 45k

the reason i recommended you to wait for that gpu is that adobe has good partnership with nvidia and cuda performs good in Adobe CS5. you can game at full HD with that gpu on that resolution.

logichost

Broken In
thaks for response pal
but im a li'l bit unsure abt performance of AMD Phenom II x4 955BE.
Anyways its a nice config.

OP
S

sunilparmar

Broken In
thaks for response pal
but im a li'l bit unsure abt performance of AMD Phenom II x4 955BE.
Anyways its a nice config.

@logic
is anything wrong with 955be in this rig. I dont think so but i would prefer having a 965be.
And i dont want such a gaming biased rig. Gtx 580 will be a beast and i dont want that much power .
Plz suggest me a morepowerful rig with decent gfx like 5770 or gtx 460.

OP
S

sunilparmar

Broken In
thanx jaskanwar. but cant i buy an intel based rig in my budget.
cause i dunno the reason but even than intel sounds more promising.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Intel Core i5 2400 @ 9.5k
Gigabyte GA-H67MA-UD2H @ 7.5k
Zotac GTX460 1GB GDDR5 @ 10.5k
Seagate 1TB 7200.12 @ 2.7k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.5k
NZXT GAMMA @ 2k

Tortal - 45.3k

OP
S

sunilparmar

Broken In
Intel Core i5 2400 @ 9.5k
Gigabyte GA-H67MA-UD2H @ 7.5k
Zotac GTX460 1GB GDDR5 @ 10.5k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.5k
NZXT GAMMA @ 2k

Total - 45.3k

but i have to buy everything in this budget speakers, kb mouse, ups etc.
adding these it will exceed 49k.
and i want a better cabinet like one of my frnds have(coolermaster elite 430).

and i heard that amd phenom xII 955 doesnt have a good overclocking headroom

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
^^then go for AMD phenomIIx6 1055t @7.6k alongwith HD6850/GTX 460
good performance and future proof too

OP
S

sunilparmar

Broken In
thats absurd thing.one of my frnds got it with a 5850 and its quiet sluggish and you can see yourself benchmarks
Bench - CPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

@jaskanwar plz give me some more options
i just want this pc for 2 years and after that i'll throw it from 9th floor.
plz tell that can keep on with all games and apps for atleast 2 coming years.

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Buddy 955 is a black edition with unlocked multiplier and u are saying it oces bad! Where did u read that?

In the bench u mentioned 1055t is better in multithreaded apps while 955 in gaming. To tell u simply games dont use more than 4 cores effectively and also respond to high clock of 955 as compared to 1055. This is a hexa core.

For u as baba mentioned 1055 is good futureproof choice. As apps use six cores effectively in coming time.

And 5850 is such a beast in gaming. Tell the system specs of ur friend.

Amd Phenom II x6 1055t @ 7.6k
Gigabyte GA 880GMA UD2H @ 4.5k
Zotac GTX460 1GB @ 10.5k
LG 22x Sata DVD @ 0.9k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.5k
NZXT GAMMA @ 2k
Benq G2220HD @ 7.3k
Logitech Keyboard Mouse Combo @ 0.7k
APC 650VA @ 2.6k
Altec Lansing VS2621 @ 1.6k

Total - 44.8k

gamma is a superb cabby like elite 430. Get any.

ssb1551

Technomancer
@ sunil - Dude before you say anything about the products suggested just do a lil bit of research & then post some comments instead of blindly uttering something.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Buddy 955 is a black edition with unlocked multiplier and u are saying it oces bad! Where did u read that?

good till you compare to Intel Core2duo or maybe the old Core i*. the newer processors can reach 5Ghz. AMD processors can only manage 3.8-4Ghz. so if we follow the current trend, its fair to say AMD doesn't OC well.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i know buddy. but if you compare true OC potential (by spending 3k on a cooler, 10k or more on a premium P55 board, etc) than Core i7 2*** is way ahead. but for a normal person, its better to buy an unlocked X4 or X6 & just do a small OC keeping temperature in check. total extra cost will be just 5k (a good AMD board with USB 3.0 & Sata 3.0).

OP
S

sunilparmar

Broken In

In the bench u mentioned 1055t is better in multithreaded apps while 955 in gaming. To tell u simply games dont use more than 4 cores effectively and also respond to high clock of 955 as compared to 1055. This is a hexa core.

For u as baba mentioned 1055 is good futureproof choice. As apps use six cores effectively in coming time.

And 5850 is such a beast in gaming. Tell the system specs of ur friend.

Amd Phenom II x6 1055t @ 7.6k
Gigabyte GA 880GMA UD2H @ 4.5k
Zotac GTX460 1GB @ 10.5k
LG 22x Sata DVD @ 0.9k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.5k
NZXT GAMMA @ 2k
Benq G2220HD @ 7.3k
Logitech Keyboard Mouse Combo @ 0.7k
APC 650VA @ 2.6k
Altec Lansing VS2621 @ 1.6k

Total - 44.8k

gamma is a superb cabby like elite 430. Get any.

Jaskanwar , you can read full review of AMD Phenom II x4 955BE review
here
AMD Phenom II X4 955 AM3 CPU Review - Overclockers Club

This review clearly speaks itself that this proccy is not that much good for overclocking.

And I am not saying that it is a bad proccy but i only suspecting that it might not keep up through upcoming games and applications.
And if I am wrong than plz correct me.
Yeah its true that 1055t is good at multithreaded apps but i was talking about gaming performance.In gaming performance 955 is way better than 1055t. And I dont think there will be any games in next two years that will be consuming more than four cores. That's why I said that.
And biggest point , till now i've seen two pc's with 1055t proccy and they both disappointed me.
My frnd bought a 1055t rig with 1055t abt a month ago and here is the config.

amd 1055t
msi mobo , (i dont know its model exactly:!: but he bought it for 5.5k)
xfx HD5850
3gb kingston ram
iball cabinet
640gb hdd

his pc is quiet sluggish and it hangs every now and then. I think it is due some virus. but I am still not sure abt the performance of 1055t.

and i think NZXT gamma is not looks as good as Cooler Master elite 430.
But if there will be any budget constrains than i will but it.

@ sunil - Dude before you say anything about the products suggested just do a lil bit of research & then post some comments instead of blindly uttering something.

Really sorry sir:-(,

i apologize if i hurt your feelings.
but i posted after a lot of research:smile:.

good till you compare to Intel Core2duo or maybe the old Core i*. the newer processors can reach 5Ghz. AMD processors can only manage 3.8-4Ghz. so if we follow the current trend, its fair to say AMD doesn't OC well.

yeah thats all true

every black edition proccy from amd has got a larger headroom for overclocking than that of AMD 955BE. :sad:

But thats also true that its a best buy and VFM proccy for gamers.:p

i know buddy. but if you compare true OC potential (by spending 3k on a cooler, 10k or more on a premium P55 board, etc) than Core i7 2*** is way ahead. but for a normal person, its better to buy an unlocked X4 or X6 & just do a small OC keeping temperature in check. total extra cost will be just 5k (a good AMD board with USB 3.0 & Sata 3.0).

than I am fine with 955 or 965.:bandanafighter::newgun:

anyways how is 965 in your opinion.

Hey someone plz tell me how is "Gigabyte 80 Plus Active PFC 460W SMPS"
if its good than i can save some bucks and can buy a better gfx card:number1:

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ sunilparmar

Can you tell me what psu your friend is using with his 5850? If the psu is ordinary, then that could be the reason for sluggishness and one day, it might blow up. 5850 requires a very good quality 500w psu as bare minimum cause it uses quite a lot of power.

Regarding 1055t's gaming ability, there's not much diffrence between a 1055t and 955be and i would recommend the former any day for its multitasking advantage. Gpu matters more in gaming than cpu.

Don't compare phenom 2's overclocking abilities with sandybridge cpu's.

Go with jaskanwar singh's 2nd config only if you can't afford the 1st one. I don't see anything wrong in both the configs. They are pretty much balanced.

The sandybridge rig will be future proof. But if you can't get to that budget, then phenom 2 1055t based rig will serve you better than 955 or 965 based rigs.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
that reviewer might have got a bad piece. EXTREME Overclocking - AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE & 945 AM3 Processors Review - Page: 15 - Tweaking PC Hardware To The Max. also this one features old processor revision. new might be better.

also that 5850 + x6 should be crushing games under its feet. start a thread in hardware q&a for it. as vicky mentioned you need a good psu also.!

Top Bottom