help me (about lumia 920)

hars1988

Broken In
am totally confused so please help me

first i want to buy a highend smart phone

i like the lumia 800:oops: very much but it is out dated so now it is lumia 920

should i buy l920 now or wait until price drop (because iwill be very upset if nokia drops its price after i purchase:|)

is there any chance of drop in price?

is there any new model coming like laser or catwalk?

am not windows fanboy but i like nokia

i trust nokia as my first mobile is 6670 which survived in many accidents :-D

will wait for 1 or 2 months for new lumia device if it is worth waiting because i cant change the mobile again as am not a rich fellow

and my only other alternative is iphone 5s if it is packed with high specs

you can witness a lot of c:-?nfusion by seeing my post
so please help me

vaibhav99

Broken In
u need to finalized ur budget ... highend can go really high .. how much high you can go? it will help ppl here to suggest you for the product
price drop.. well you have seen ads .. if you want latest you pay premium .. price drop of nokia phn may not be happen soon
but you can get gud deal online or on street
if you prone to rough use of phones then forget about highend touch screen phones .. or invest highly into heavy duty cases like otterbox
you confused me there friend in single thread you talk about iphone 5 and not being rich fellow .. (if you can spare some cash i can get myself nice 15K mobile ;) )

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Fix a max budget. If you wait for a price drop there is a good chance the opposite might happen.

There are many great alternatives like HTC One avaiable for 42k.

i trust nokia as my first mobile is 6670 which survived in many accidents :-D

Don‘t expect the same with the Lumia.

nikufellow

In the zone
Newer lumias are in the making but will most likely be unveiled only at Nokia world sometime in September!

OP
H

hars1988

Broken In
i got 35k now (saved this money from 2005 like a child using kiddy banks)

will extend my budget if any new phone is coming form nokia or apple with reasonable specs

am not anti to android but dont like cheap quality of Samsung phone(sorry my personal opinion) but like its specs and neutral to htc

bigron

Broken In
Personally , i really like the 920. Have one in black and it looks absolutely beautiful. The OS though limited in profile and customisation offers an experience that is different from the Android heard. I do use the S3 also but I am bored with android and the 920 helps break the monotony. If you worry about price drops then you ll never be able to pick up a high end phone. I picked up my s3 for close to 40 and now its less than 30. This will always happen. You could wait for the s4 and see if it rocks your boat. Or the HTC 1 which look promising.

red dragon

Master troll
@op,do not waste 35k that you have saved since 2005,on a smartphone.Buy an ipad and a basic feature phone with good battery backup.

If u own a laptop, then tablet is useless, acc. to me.

For phone, I would suggest you to wait a bit longer 2-3 weeks, let HTC One & S4 be released. After that get Xperia Z, with dust & water proof features, it would be more durable than L920

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
i got 35k now (saved this money from 2005 like a child using kiddy banks)

will extend my budget if any new phone is coming form nokia or apple with reasonable specs

am not anti to android but dont like cheap quality of Samsung phone(sorry my personal opinion) but like its specs and neutral to htc

Please don't thrift 35K for mobile especially with the saved money which is really amazing since you have been doing it since 2005. However if you have access to new source of income and you see immediately money coming around,may be you can just indulge yourself. But as a rule don't spend more than 25% per year incomes on mobile.
Mobiles these are caught in vicious upgrade cycles with pressure on company to release new models every few months.

Lumia with release of 520 , just lowered the price of 620. So i don't see why 920's prices will not drop.

In fact from your post i would suggest you wait for iphone5S release and let the market stabilize a bit.

OP
H

hars1988

Broken In
Please don't thrift 35K for mobile especially with the saved money which is really amazing since you have been doing it since 2005. However if you have access to new source of income and you see immediately money coming around,may be you can just indulge yourself. But as a rule don't spend more than 25% per year incomes on mobile.
Mobiles these are caught in vicious upgrade cycles with pressure on company to release new models every few months.

Lumia with release of 520 , just lowered the price of 620. So i don't see why 920's prices will not drop.

In fact from your post i would suggest you wait for iphone5S release and let the market stabilize a bit.

my current mobile is seW660i (in very bad condition from past 2 years) i made a promise to myself (not to buy a mobile until i get job)now i got job in sbh will join from next month
so am planing to buy one.will wait it is worth waiting

OP
H

hars1988

Broken In
Re: help me (dropped 920 from my mind)

dropped L920 from my list because of lack of sharpness in still pics

now my options are

1. L720 + nokia purity in ear + 32gb memory card///// just because of sexy :cool:design and its nokia

2. iphone 4s + apple in ear///// because of small size

i need in ear because others wont stay in my ears:cry:

your :-Dpinion please...

and what will be the best price nokia purity in ear ?

Last edited:
OP
H

hars1988

Broken In
sorry for late reply :)-(lack of internet connectivity) bought 920 with wireless charger

tnx all of you for your suggestion:)

Top Bottom