Help in Hosting COD 4

prophet

Broken In
i recently got Call of Duty 4, I have played it online on various servers but I really want to host a server where only me and a couple of my friends could play. I have searched a lot regarding how to setup a COD 4 server but couldn't find anything to my satisfaction. It would be very helpful if anyone can tell me the step by step process for this.....Thanks in Advance

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
If u want to host the normal MP(with perks and all weapons)..then create an account in GameRanger and host a room, set a password and ask your friends to join..

For hosting in promod(A professional mod, with toned down graphics and few weapons) u have to host once, then leave game, launch a promod(preferably PromodLive 211) and start a server...

For dedicated, there are few commands u need to run and you should have two instances of game running(only if u want your server to be independent of GameRanger and have an ip of ur own)..

OP
prophet

prophet

Broken In
thanks for the information....just one more thing do i need to configure port forwarding before i proceed with the suggestions

Top Bottom