Help in DVD writing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hari_04415

Broken In
I hav Lite-On 20A1P(20x-one)
and Nero ver 7 and Win XP with SP2 installed.

When i try to burn 2 movies in a single DVD using nero vision it takes me nearly 2 and 1/2 hrs just to recode them into a dvd format and then about another half an hour to write it to DVD.
And when i write a data DVD it takes half an hour 2 a 8x DVD.

Is this a problem with my system or really it takes that much time 2 write any DVD and i'm having the fastest DVD writer .

Last edited:

thadhanihemant

Journeyman
well encoding time is not a problem as it takes time to encode movies into dvd video..
now u r sayin writer is taking around half n hour to write the dvd, so either u r not writing on the maximum available speed of ur writer or u r using the dvds which only supports writing speed upto 2x or 4x...
plz mention which dvd media u r using...

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Time taken for encoding seems to b fine but 4 writing it is too much. How much data r u writing? ~8GB or ~4.7GB? I use Atari DVD's (4.7GB capacity) on which 1.3GB data is written in under 5mins...

Last edited:

CA50

Cyborg Agent
hi i am here no tension!!!!!!!!!
use Nero express instead of nero vision if u hv the -vob, -bup and the -ifo files.

rajasekharan

Youngling
well, don't use the max speed when to write in dvd media , some cheap dvds takes a lot of time that way, instead step down the writing speed to one level down . a 6x might just do fine.

as for the encoding , its just fine, it will take a lot of time to do one.

ramprasad

In the zone
guys,

even I have the same problem....
last week, I had 22 VOB (arnd 3.9 GB) clippings of a function I need to put together using a menu....

I added all 22 files, selected a menu template and clicke don "Burn" and whoooooooom....
Nero showed the time remaining as 5hrs and more....

This is the complete time required.... I waited for half an hour or so and then I was forced to cancel it.....

The same VOB files, I wrote it as a simple Video DVD without menus, was done in less than 20 minutes, as I had written at a slow speed of 8x.

Why is it happening like this...?
Will it take so much time to recode and create menus....

Is there any other ways to create a menu...?

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@ramprasad

Recoding takes ages evn on a new processor n high end machine. Wht processor do u use?For 3.9GB of recoding, I wud advise u 2 put on d recoding thing at nite n chk if it has finished in d morning!

@ax3

How much data wil depend on d capacity of d DVD. Thr r 2 common options available - 4.7GB n ~7-8GB (Dual layer). U can definitely write a dvd to d full of its capacity. Some DVD Drives dont detect DVD's if d data contained in dem is less den 1GB. Nero automatically asks u 2 select option of writing atleast 1 GB of data.

devauniversal

Tech Savvy
Hari_04415 said:
I hav Lite-On 20A1P(20x-one)
and Nero ver 7 and Win XP with SP2 installed.

When i try to burn 2 movies in a single DVD using nero vision it takes me nearly 2 and 1/2 hrs just to recode them into a dvd format and then about another half an hour to write it to DVD.
And when i write a data DVD it takes half an hour 2 a 8x DVD.

Is this a problem with my system or really it takes that much time 2 write any DVD and i'm having the fastest DVD writer .

Ram
with my exprience i will ask you few questions
1) are you burning your movie file in to DVD format only @ the time of burning. [ I mean the movie s in some other format and only the DVD conversion takes place while burning ? ]
Answer : In the case the time period you mentioned will happen with nero vision express. I advise you to better convert it in to the DVD format using some other softwares explictly availble for that purpose.

if the above mentioned scenario doesnt fit you . then your need to tweak your buffer, that s the amount of ram thats used by your drive while burning.

my simple advice s , better dont do the conversion and writting in a single process.. try this out

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
ramprasad said:
guys,

even I have the same problem....
last week, I had 22 VOB (arnd 3.9 GB) clippings of a function I need to put together using a menu....

I added all 22 files, selected a menu template and clicke don "Burn" and whoooooooom....
Nero showed the time remaining as 5hrs and more....

This is the complete time required.... I waited for half an hour or so and then I was forced to cancel it.....

The same VOB files, I wrote it as a simple Video DVD without menus, was done in less than 20 minutes, as I had written at a slow speed of 8x.

Why is it happening like this...?
Will it take so much time to recode and create menus....

Is there any other ways to create a menu...?
try looking up 2 post above you, CA50 has got your solution.
As for Hari_04415 samething basically instead of writting to DVD, write it to HDD then open Nero express (not express vision) and I believe u want disk image.(or something simillar) should not take as long to burn that way.

alienspiesu

Journeyman
i had the same pblm..
c if ur dma mode is enabled
if nt pls enable it
n if u wana reset the dma in ur system..
thr is dis file
resetdma.vbs
clik on tat n ur dne..

ramprasad

In the zone
thanks guys to all who replied......

deva.....
I have converted them from mpeg to vob format using a converter from XIllsoft.... and then only tried to burn it.....

Actually, I wanted to use Nero vision to compile a menu for all the files..

I will come to what CA50 says, I dont have any other files than my VOB files...
How to create only menus, is my question...?
I would be glad if someone can help me....

rajkamal

Right off the assembly line
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have LG DVD writter
and Nero ver 7 (premium) and Window XP with SP2 installed.

I am purchase a english movies Dvd,Its containining 8 movies in a single dvd.

When i try to burn Four movies(from hard disc) in a single DVD using nero its writting 1 and 1/2 movie only in a 4.7gb sony dvd.

How to write Four or more movies in a single Dvd.
please help me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom