Help in buying Graphic card

pulkit91

Right off the assembly line
Hello guys need help as i want to buy a new gpu. My budget is around 10 k and will need a new psu too.

1. Which Power Supply do you have? (Be EXACT while naming the company and model)
Ans:Local so will need a new one

2. What is your budget?
Ans:Around 10k

3. Which resolution will you game at?
Ans:1920x1080

4. What are your current computer specifications?
Ans:i7 2600
4gb ram
gt 240

OP
P

pulkit91

I am getting a asus gtx 480 for 9000 with a year's warranty left. How good is it?
Anything except 7770? what about gtx 650?

Cilus

laborare est orare
GTX 480 is a very powerful card but it has very high power consumption and heating issues. In that case you need to purchase a good 500W PSU at least and 600W is recommended. So 4K for the PSU and a good cabinet with proper air flow and cooling solution is required.

Let us know the exact version of the Graphics card; there are some custom cooler version of 480 which offer better cooling solution and take care of the heating issue in some extent.

OP
P

pulkit91

I am getting a 2 year old gtx 480 for 9k. Dont know how the reply got deleted :p
I have an iball bullet cabinet so will it be okay for the 480? Secondly i'll have to get a 600W PSU which wont be cheap either. Will it be worth it?

Secondly what are my options except it? 7770 and 560? Anything for a couple of thousand more? 7850?

ASHISH65

Technomancer
For your resolution you need hd 7850.i donot reccommend to get that gtx 480.it is also 2yr old and old gen card.buying second hand gpu is not always good

Wait for sometime and save up more money and get hd 7850.you will never regret in future

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
7850 is good choice @ ~13K and the CX430V2 for ~2.5K
gpu budget may be overshooting, but worth investing considering the resources hogging games {crysis3,gta5} that are going to be released.

OP
P

pulkit91

Which version of 7850? Will the 1gb one be enough for the next couple of years?
And CX430v2 final or any alternative?

Top Bottom