help in assembling a pc

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
hey jas
make sure you wear anti static wrist pad while assembling
just a precaution
else take a metal wire and wrap it around your hand and let the other end on the floor

vwad

In the zone
Bhai, have you checked the cabby manual ? May be you will get something useful in it also.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
on the cabby manual, its written how to install the hardware, not wiring..

on the cabinet and mobo manual its written to match the f audio and usb diagrams, the usb one is exactly same but the hd audio and ac'97 differ in labellings..

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
will a bicycle chain do ?
bicycle chain!!!!wtf!!!:))
:rofl:
why would anyone bother bringing their dirty greasy smelly bike chain near their valuable pc parts? :-D

@jas which precautions did you take?
did you get the strap?
i dunno the extent of damage it can cause
but every other tech site recommends taking precautions:-?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
There should be a wire leading from the chassis (for sound ports), plug that to the mother board ports for AC'97. It should be a perfect fit.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
there are 2 wires, one hd audio & other ac'97
which one to put???
also, what is p+ & p-??

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

and please tell me what to do with that short eps12v connector...which extensions are good?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
go with the ac'97. i using it. about short wire, already replied in some thread & also in your facebook account. check it.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
just saw your thread!
which mobo & cabby you have?
if your cabby comes with the HD Audio option & your mobo also has the option(check then manual) the go with HD audio!

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i have gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H and CM elite 430 dude

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

and yes there are 2 wires coming from 1
one is ac 97 and other hd audio and my mobo supports both.....

also tell me about p+ & p-

mavihs

Techie By Heart
i have gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H and CM elite 430 dude

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

and yes there are 2 wires coming from 1
one is ac 97 and other hd audio and my mobo supports both.....

also tell me about p+ & p-
then go for the HD Audio!
where are the p+ & p- wire coming out from?

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
from the front panel of the cabby........along with power switch, hdd led and so on..

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

on the cabinet and mobo manual its written to match the f audio and usb diagrams, the usb one is exactly same but the hd audio and ac'97 differ in labellings..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
no problem. i using HD audio. just fix it the way it is. will go in just 1 way. but sadly my HDD led isn't working.

Top Bottom