HELP! Galaxy S3 Giving Loads Of Trouble.

Rohan_B

Journeyman
Hey Guys,
I have had my Samsung Galaxy S3 for over a month now and it is fantastic and all but recently it has started giving me a host of problems. They came in one after the other and here is how the events took place-
1) I was using my S3 on stock firmware(unrooted) for almost a month. No Problems what so ever. Then all of a sudden the S3 developed a glitch maybe and whenever the phone was kept idle The S Voice turned itself on automatically with a tune and then crashed. I would close the app but then again after like 15 seconds it would give the same problem. To fix this I disabled The S Voice App from settings.
2) It worked fine for like a couple of hours after which I started getting the same thing but now with a different tune than that of the S Voice. Now the Desk Clock kept turning itself on and behaved quite similarly like S Voice.
3) I finally decided to Factory Reset the Phone and after doing that the phone got an update which I was hopeful would be an end to all my troubles. But no. After updating the phone it worked fine for sometime. Then as it lied idle it still started making the S Voice Sound and same thing started happening again.
4) I couldn't figure out what to do and so just switched off the phone and removed the battery and let it be. After half an hour I Switched it Back On and have not gotten this problem till now.(For like 3 hours)
5) But this was not the end. Now when I wanted to transfer some content back to my phone I conected it via USB to my computer. It did not react to it and nor did the computer. So I tried charging the phone but to my shock now even the phone is not charging! :shock::shock:

Now I just read somewhere that many people were experiencing this problem(Not the S Voice One, that of the phone not charging) and someone has succesfully tackled the problem by charging the phone when it was switched off and the next time around it worked fine.
So Please Help Me Guys!! I am really desperate here. Should I Take the Phone to the Service Centre??
Thanks!

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I have heard of this problem on S3... I was at Technovision in Hyderabad and the shopkeeper said a lot of S3s had this charging problem...

You have paid a ton of money for that phone... should take it to a service center...

aroraanant

Explorer
Yes you should take the phone to the service centre and if they don't react to your problem, send an e-mail to the company.

OP
Rohan_B

Rohan_B

Journeyman
Took it to the Service Centre Today!! The guys said that the problem arose because of moisture entering the phone. They told me this was not covered under warranty and I would have to pay some where around Rs 1500-1800 to get it fixed!
But one guy recommended me not to spend the money there and try blowing hot air into the phone using a hair dryer. Should I go for it??
I had also read about someone mentioning something about using dry rice in an air tight container. Please give the procedure of that and tell me which method will be better?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Took it to the Service Centre Today!! The guys said that the problem arose because of moisture entering the phone. They told me this was not covered under warranty and I would have to pay some where around Rs 1500-1800 to get it fixed!

if there is any other Samsung service center, visit there too and how can moisture enter a mobile? should have argued about this thing.

But one guy recommended me not to spend the money there and try blowing hot air into the phone using a hair dryer. Should I go for it??

don't. you'll simply damage the phone further.

I had also read about someone mentioning something about using dry rice in an air tight container. Please give the procedure of that and tell me which method will be better?

can try. simply place it within rice for a night. but close/seal off the USB port and 3.5mm jack as they may stop functioning if the powder gets in.

techlover

In the zone

No :shock: u may damage the internal components of the phone ...i too advice to keep it in a bowl of uncooked rice overnight :)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
what the heck....moisture...
do they want to make easy money by charging customers 1500~1800.
moisture is not covered under warranty...tell them to show your where its written in warranty policy of Samsung..

contact the Samsung Service Center or send an email.

this is a costly device & Samsung should service it properly

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
what the heck....moisture...
do they want to make easy money by charging customers 1500~1800.
moisture is not covered under warranty...tell them to show your where its written in warranty policy of Samsung..

contact the Samsung Service Center or send an email.

this is a costly device & Samsung should service it properly

My Optimus One gets wet all the time... never had moisture problem even in that cheap handset...

Samsung is making junk these days...

OP
Rohan_B

Rohan_B

Journeyman
Had decided to go to the Service Centre today and Rough those guys up. :p
But I kept it in a bowl of rice anyway and after about 12 hours(OverNight) I plugged the battery in and VOILA! It is working since today morning. Hope it works fine now.
Should I file a complain or take it to the centre now?

Top Bottom