HELP: cpu/mobo/ram config under 13k

vishnu_nagaraja

Right off the assembly line
hiya guys,
Id like to upgrade my p.c and buy a cpu, mobo and ram under 13k.
this is the con-fig i thought:
AMD phenom II X4 945- Rs.6250
ASUS M4A88T-LE- Rs.4500
Corsair 2X2GB DDR3 1333Mhz- Rs.2400.
Id use this for some casual gaming and stuff.
any suggestions or changes that i should make to the above con-fig?
P.S: If the above con-fig can manage to play black ops... just play it even if the video settings are low.. that would be AWESOME! :mrgreen:

1. What is the purpose of the computer?
A: casual gaming, music and movies.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 13,000

4. Planning to overclock?
A: NO

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: windows 7 and ubuntu 10.10

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 500gb(already have it)

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: 1600x900

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 2

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: assembler

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: In a week

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: No (i want it for a year after which it will be used only for browsing)

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: none

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: bangalore

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: none

Last edited:

masterkd

Padawan
cpu: 955 BE @6.6k
mobo: gigabyte 88gm-ud2h @4.2k
ram: g.skill ripjaws 4 GB 1600 MHz @2.6k (at SMCinternational)

what is your current psu??

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
no you cant. i have that igp and it is completely not sufficient for black ops.

get this -

Components | Make | Price | Comments
Processor|AMD Athlon II x3 440|3200|a good budget gaming processor
Motherboard|ASUS M4A78LT M LE|2600|
Ram|Corsair VS2GB1333D3 2G|1100|2gb ram sufficient for movies and music. will run win7 and ubuntu fast and easily
Graphic Card|Zotac GTS450|6500| a good budget graphic card and will allow you to play black ops and other good games at atleast medium-high settings at 1600x900
| Total |13400|

but which psu you have got?

masterkd

Padawan
that is not enough for any graphics card..you better get FSP sagaII 400W @1.7k if you want to buy GTS450!!

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

sorry Jas..didn't see your post..actually both of us posted at the same time!!

OP
V

vishnu_nagaraja

would you guys suggest me some shop in bangalore? and will they assemble to system for me there?
also i would use this p.c only for a year at max.

masterkd

Padawan
phenom II x4 better than athlon II x3/x4 but it will cost more..depending on your budget you need to select one!!

Cilus

laborare est orare
Phenom II 955 is a quad core processor with unlocked multiplier and 6 MB of L3 cache. So it performs better in gaming and can be overclocked like hell whereas Athlon II X3 440 is a budget processor for every day's work but also good for casual gaming.
So decide based upon your budget. But as per me the config should have one quad core and motherboard based on at least 880 chipset for better future upgradability.
So my suggestion is

Athlon II 635 @ 4.5K
MSI 880GM-E41 @ 4K
Corsair 2 GB DDR3 1333 MHz @ 1.1K
Zotac GTS450 @ 6.5K
FSP sagaII 400W @1.7k

Last edited:
OP
V

vishnu_nagaraja

Ill go there and decide what works out best from what you guys said.. since i don't want to invest too much as i will be using it only for 1 year or less.. anything else i should keep in mind while buying?

Top Bottom