help burning dvds to disc

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico

Broken In
ok im downloading my movies using utorrent. i can play the movies using media player but when i try to burn them onto a dvd-r or a dvd-wr i cant burn them. and the only thing that pops up is a tab that says windows can not commplet task and then file duration, size and bit rate.then gives me the option to retry or cancel. nothing happens with retry.
ok sumarry
got movie with utorrent
can play movies but cant burn
im using media player

i hope this better explains my prob.

Last edited:
OP
C

chico

Broken In
no a dvd-w or a dvd-rw but im downloading my movies useing utorrent playthem in mediaplayer and trying to download through media player and neo dvd burning

ajayritik

Technomancer
Your question is still confusing! You have mentioned that you are downloading the movies using u torrent and then you have also mentioned that you are downloading using Media Player. Firstly what is the type of the movie file that you are downloading? AVI or DAT or anyother? I have a feeling you are trying to burn a movie which has not yet completed downloading.

OP
C

chico

Broken In
ok no ajay all my movies are completely downloaded using utorrent but im trying to burn them using media player and they are avi files and vob files.pluse using u torrent it takes like a day to three days to download any ways.thanks for the replys but still need help the size i can only fit one movie per dvd -rw disk.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Dude to be really honest, I still didnt get you! Can we burn movies using Media player? I have never done that so I really dont know about it. However if you have Nero installed on your computer then you can try burning using Nero as Data DVD. Sometimes the problem could be with the DVD's as well. Is the problem only with DVD-RW or DVD-R's also? I would suggest you install Nero and try burning the DVD's with it. A normal DVD should hold 4.7 GB of DATA.

OP
C

chico

Broken In
ok yeah im tryed it with neo as data dvd but still not working and its with both dvd-r and dvd-wr and yeah 4.7 and yeah i can download using media player with my burn button but not working for my utorrent downloads

casual_gamer

In the zone
Are you trying to convert avi files to vob files or are you burning just avi files?
I suggest you burn the downloaded avi files as a data dvd from Nero. Since you said you are burning files using media player, i am thinking that ur media player is converting avi files to vob files. Just directly burn the avi movie files using nero. Your latest dvd/divx player will play without any problems.

The CyberShot

Broken In
Instead of burning the movies using the application you are currently using, try using Windows XP's in-built CD/DVD burning program.

NOTE: Firstly check using Nero Infotool or other equivalent program if your drive can burn DVD's. If so, check if it can burn DVD's in the DVD-R format.

Now, to burn the monies using Windows CD/DVD in-built burning software, follow these steps:

1. Copy the file/folder you want to burn to the DVD
2. Insert a blank DVD-R media in to the DVD-RW drive
3. Open your DVD-RW drive(e.g. E:\ is my DVD-RW drive in my computer)
4. Paste the files there.
5. (Depending on some computer configurations, you may or may not require this step) At the left hand side of the window, click 'Burn the files onto disk' or something equivalent
6. Wait until its over and check if it has been done properly.

OP
C

chico

Broken In
cool thanks but iv prety much tryed most of thoughs any other info but thanks again you guys are cool and im try avi fills and vob fills but can try again

OP
C

chico

Broken In
yeah im sure i can warch all my movies but do i need to burn them to a cd disk and not a dvd disk when using neo burning a data dvd.but any ways im having probs opening a tear fill on my comp downloaded it off utorrent any suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom