Help 4 buying a pentium 4 compatible mothrbord...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Gates

Right off the assembly line
Hi guyz.

My mothrbord is dead:( n i need a new one for my 6yr old pentium 4, 2.4GHzCPU .cud u guyz pls help me finding one?*www.chip.in/forums/images/smiles/icon_cry.gif .

I googled 4 a while n found on the intel website tht a mothrbord based on the intel965 chipset is compatible with the pentium 4 CPU *www.chip.in/forums/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

*www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dg965wh/sb/CS-026598.htm

Now, someway i find this information a little bit unbelievable!*www.chip.in/forums/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif.
how can a 775 pin( i'm nt sure abt tht) socket support a 400 pin processor?*www.chip.in/forums/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif .

Please shed some light on this n clear my confusion!*www.chip.in/forums/images/smiles/icon_cry.gif.

My Processor luks something like this.

*www.intel.com/products/processor/pentium4/image.htm

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
LGA775 Socket wont support 400 pin processor.
As for ur case ... U can buy an Intel 845 board which will support 400 pin processor.

OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

So what r the best features that i can get in this mothrbord?
PCIe, onboard Lan, HD sound, etc wud b ther??

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Bill, I think the MSI 945GCM478-L will suit your needs -
Socket 478
PCI-Express
DDR2 (only 533/667)
SATA II
7.1 audio
10/100 Mb/s LAN (no Gb)

OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Socket 478
PCI-Express
DDR2 (only 533/667)
SATA II
7.1 audio
10/100 Mb/s LAN (no Gb)

Thanx 4 that...Whats the price 4 that? I would like to throw in 1gb RAM and an entry level graphx card if everything costs under 7000rs...

if you have 7000 to spare, get a full upgrade.

Palit or Mercury 610i Mobo - Rs. 2,200
Core2Duo E2160 or E2180 - Rs. 2,800 to Rs. 3,200

1GB RAM DDR2 800MHz - Rs. 900
2GB RAM DDR2 800MHz - Rs. 1,800
512MB RAM DDR2 800MHz - Rs. 540

you will get an insanely powerful system compared to what you currently own if you spend the 7k on this rig. :lol:

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
If its really 6 years old it cant be a P4 2.4 Ghz..because 6 years ago only P4 1.4/1.5/1.6 socket 478 proccys were available !

By the way its really hard to find a socket 478 (socket A) now a days. Even of you fiind that the price you will be paying for SD/DDR ram would be astronomical compared to DDR2 . Not only that ..you will also be paying ridiculious price for some piece of crap outdated AGP cards.

Here is what you just might have to pay

1.845/865 MOBO Socket A .3.5K (If you are lucky enough to find one)
2.1GB DDR1/SD RAM = 2.2-2.6K

so around 2 k left for AGP crad...you can even get a fx 5200 agp version for that money now !!!!

So the best option for you is to discard your setup and go for a new one.Because you will be paying much more to retain your current procy.

If you want everything to come under 7k here are the options for you

1.Athlon x2 4400+ 2.8k
2.Asus M2N VM DVI 2.9K
3.1GB DDR 800 1K

upgrade the graphics card later

or

Intel C2D 2180
DG31 PR mobo / Palit N73HD
1GB RAM

Apprx 7k

abhisek_bsws

geek on a roll
can anyone help me in da same agenda??? :!:

see,I have a second generation P4 3 ghz prescott lga 775 socket processor...n want my motherboard 4 some future processor ugrade[not nehlam]:rolleyes:...I am on a tight budget of 3000 rs n selected this model ASUS P5KPL-VM [rs.2850+vat] which says in its specification that it also supports lga 775 p4 proccy:eek:...will I have any compatible issue wid this mo bo??? :confused:plz help me guys soon....as I am going to buy a mo bo on friday wid 2 gb ddr2 ram.

acewin

Point Blanc
most of the mobos are compatible with Pentium D, Pentium 4 and C2D proccies at the same time. check on asus site for the mobo for specs.

OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

So the best option for you is to discard your setup and go for a new one.Because you will be paying much more to retain your current procy.

hmmm luks like i have 2 buy a new procy..:confused:....
Pls help me with something that supports this config:(:

Intel P4 2.4Ghz (I bought this system from Dubai around July 2003)
PATA HDD, D-Sub Monitor, PATA DVD Drive.....

I'd hv 2 buy 1gb Ram(2gb if possible).
AGP/PCIe Gfx Card according 2 the Mobo(that too if possible)

If you want everything to come under 7k here are the options for you

1.Athlon x2 4400+ 2.8k
2.Asus M2N VM DVI 2.9K
3.1GB DDR 800 1K

upgrade the graphics card later

or

Intel C2D 2180
DG31 PR mobo / Palit N73HD
1GB RAM

Apprx 7k

Does this DG31 PR mobo / Palit N73HD have D-Sub outputs?:-?

aytus

The Boss
bill gates your best bet is to go with a new configration as suggested above.. if you dont want to upgrade i suggest you only buy a second hand mobo and save your money and not buy ny ram upgrades . also i think you would be having a northwood rather then a presscott. so it makes perfect sense to upgrade now.. btw im using the same processor .. and a 845 GL mercury mobo.

icebags

Technomancer
hey bill ur setup has retired too . u should showcase it like i did with my 6+ years old celeron 950 setup.:lol:

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
pimpom said:
Socket 478
PCI-Express
DDR2 (only 533/667)
SATA II
7.1 audio
10/100 Mb/s LAN (no Gb)[/qoute]

Offtopic: Do we get socket 478 based Intel945 Mobos too? Strange? :confused:

acewin

Point Blanc
and why not would we get such mobo's Intel may stop supporting its old proccies but there are other mobo manufacturers too, which do supply them, you can get 845 based mobo also from MSI.
These Pentium 4 are old prescott proccies which do not have HT Technolog or 64 bit capability

Check this mobob 945GCM478-L

Last edited:
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Also i think you would be having a northwood rather then a presscott. so it makes perfect sense to upgrade now.. btw im using the same processor .. and a 845 GL mercury mobo.
Yup i think its a Northwood:).....Hmmmmm.....considering all of ur opinion, i think its better to upgrade:rolleyes:......exchange these old ones with a newer config.....thanks:razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom