Headphones, earphones news and discussion thread

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Don't know your requirements. So can't suggest one but all I can say is if you but HD202 II then your money kind of goes down the drain, my ES18 felt better than that. Keep away IMO

kunalht

In the zone
Don't know your requirements. So can't suggest one but all I can say is if you but HD202 II then your money kind of goes down the drain, my ES18 felt better than that. Keep away IMO

Okay thanks!
I want it for gaming and music for PC.

- - - Updated - - -

and how is JBL J03B ?

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Guys, Just now i received the signature acoustics c-2

I am NOT impressed with it.
Out of the box they sound inferior to a burned in Techfusion twinwoofers.(Sound is plain and dull but does not fatigue me - wait for burn in ?)

1)Also should i need a external amp ? I play directly from my Note N7000 - Stock ROM.
2)Should i use Apollo with DSP manager -CM ?
3)Should I really Need FLAC ?

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

Out of the box they sound inferior to a burned in Techfusion twinwoofers.(Sound is plain and dull but does not fatigue me - wait for burn in ?)

1)Also should i need a external amp ? I play directly from my Note N7000 - Stock ROM.

They sound good with PMP like Sansa Clip Series & my NAtionite N2

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

even though it has a burn in period, its not bad out of the box.. rather its quite good.

after burn in the bass settles in and the mids and treble open up a bit more. soundstage also becomes more pronounced.

i'd suggest you to test it with FLACs and using foobar with WASAPI drivers on your PC. test with the same song in different format. will be better if you know tha song in and out (fav song ;) )

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
They sound good with PMP like Sansa Clip Series & my NAtionite N2
OK.Thanks for the info.

even though it has a burn in period, its not bad out of the box.. rather its quite good.

after burn in the bass settles in and the mids and treble open up a bit more. soundstage also becomes more pronounced.

i'd suggest you to test it with FLACs and using foobar with WASAPI drivers on your PC. test with the same song in different format. will be better if you know tha song in and out (fav song ;) )

Today after some 7hrs burn-in the sound looks A BIT pleasing.
Today i could differentiate how much details the techfusion was missing(I could also notice that the treble was too much compared to c12 and distorted and the bass much artificial in Techfusion compared to c12)
However i find that the voice,especially male is not distinct and somewhat combined - I donno how to express in technical terms. But it is not what i expected. Waiting patiently for some more time to burn in.

Can i get some tracks for optimal burn-in ?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
wow only after 7hrs??

hmm.. i burned in my pairs for 70+hrs with intermittent listening..

that voice issue may depend on the track and its quality.

play some normal music in the headphones, with some pink/white noise with freq sweeps.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Guys any idea about Brainwavz R1 Dual Dynamic Speaker Earphones??

Mp4Nation is offering good discount including free fedex shipping on them so I booked it for US$24.55 [1467 INR]
10% additional discount Coupon : '4THJULY2014'

Any idea about customs duty levied??

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
wow only after 7hrs??

hmm.. i burned in my pairs for 70+hrs with intermittent listening..

that voice issue may depend on the track and its quality.

play some normal music in the headphones, with some pink/white noise with freq sweeps.

Since the day i have purchased c12 i have burned it in for about 25 hours.

I am extremely satisfied with your built quality.But i am not at all impressed with the audio.

Even after the burn in period i am unsatisfied with the quality of my pair of IEM.

I Think my piece has a defect.The left side is not clear and bloated(the voices are not clear and i can feel the rumbling of speakers on the left side)The right is perfect.I plugged one ear at a time and checked it.
And even on both ears on - I can easily tell that the left side is vibrating-so much bassy and rumbling.

Can you check with your piece whether the left side is different that the right side by plugging them one on a time ?

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Contact pro audiohome.com
They will help you with same or snapdeal can refund to you if its under 7 day return policy...

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Since the day i have purchased c12 i have burned it in for about 25 hours.

I am extremely satisfied with your built quality.But i am not at all impressed with the audio.

Even after the burn in period i am unsatisfied with the quality of my pair of IEM.

I Think my piece has a defect.The left side is not clear and bloated(the voices are not clear and i can feel the rumbling of speakers on the left side)The right is perfect.I plugged one ear at a time and checked it.
And even on both ears on - I can easily tell that the left side is vibrating-so much bassy and rumbling.

Can you check with your piece whether the left side is different that the right side by plugging them one on a time ?
Exactly this thing happened to me... I contacted them and got it replaced.

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Contact pro audiohome.com
They will help you with same or snapdeal can refund to you if its under 7 day return policy...

Exactly this thing happened to me... I contacted them and got it replaced.

Thanks for the fast response.
I Have already sent a mail regarding this to pristinenote (support@pristinenote.com) 2 days back.No reply Yet.

I have started a thread in the support forum of pristinenote.Waiting for someone to respond. :-(
May be tomorrow I should call them :-/

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Thanks for the fast response.
I Have already sent a mail regarding this to pristinenote (support@pristinenote.com) 2 days back.No reply Yet.

I have started a thread in the support forum of pristinenote.Waiting for someone to respond. :-(
May be tomorrow I should call them :-/

Stay calm bro.
You will definitely get replacement or refunds.
Call on this no. - +91-22-65611833 between 10:00 to 18:00 hrs.
Speak to sagar or Faheem.

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Stay calm bro.
You will definitely get replacement or refunds.
Call on this no. - +91-22-65611833 between 10:00 to 18:00 hrs.
Speak to sagar or Faheem.

He he .. thanks bro.
I have spoke to him and he has promised to give me a new piece.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
He he .. thanks bro.
I have spoke to him and he has promised to give me a new piece.

They have very good customer support.
In such cases always contact support team instead of opening any thread in forums.

One more thing when I called up sagar told me that they are coming out with new IEM in next month or so.
See if you can get that instead of c12 but need to shell out more...

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
Was looking to buy these (college is starting soon and these include a pouch :D)
SOUND MAGIC ES-18
Sound Magic ES 18 Headphone Price in India - Buy Sound Magic ES 18 Headphone Online - SoundMAGIC: Flipkart.com ► ₹578/-
SoundMagic ES18 (Red) & (Black) - Buy Online @ Rs.499/- | Snapdeal ► ₹499/-

Turns out there are no service centers in India and Flipkart and Snapdeal are not registered as authorized dealers/re-sellers on Sound-magic website.
So basically if the headphone stops working after the initial 10-days, i'm screwed?

Darth Vader

In the zone
Is there anyway i can get Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 Ohms headphones cheaper than Amazon.com ??

Amazon.com: Beyerdynamic DT-880 Pro Headphones (250 Ohm): Musical Instruments

19k Shipped to India.

---------
Update:
I'm from bangalore and BD distributor quoted DT880 - Pro/Premium (22250/22290 /-) :-o

Not sure which one to go for ?

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Is there anyway i can get Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 Ohms headphones cheaper than Amazon.com ??

Amazon.com: Beyerdynamic DT-880 Pro Headphones (250 Ohm): Musical Instruments

19k Shipped to India.

---------
Update:
I'm from bangalore and BD distributor quoted DT880 - Pro/Premium (22250/22290 /-) :-o

Not sure which one to go for ?
Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro 250 DT 880 Ohm Semi Open Headphones PROAUDIOSTAR 4010118490972 | eBay

Top Bottom