Headphone or IEM under 15k?

elton_1991

Broken In
Hi guys,
I'm confused between getting the UE Triple Fi10 and the audio Technica ATH-M50s LE.I travel daily by train to college,hence wanted am IEM but was eying the M50s LE for quite some time now.Which should I get? I currently have the soundmagic E30 and Meelectronics M6,and want something with the detail of the E30 and the bass, sound stage and noise isolation of the M6 but...better,for the price I'm paying.My sound source is a Note 2+fiio E6 and my PC with a asus xonar DG(might get a Fiio E18 dac when it gets released).Budget strictly under 15K,nothing more.

Hi guys,
I'm confused between getting the UE Triple Fi10 and the audio Technica ATH-M50s LE.I travel daily by train to college,hence wanted am IEM but was eying the M50s LE for quite some time now.Which should I get? I currently have the soundmagic E30 and Meelectronics M6,and want something with the detail of the E30 and the bass, sound stage and noise isolation of the M6 but...better,for the price I'm paying.My sound source is a Note 2+fiio E6 and my PC with a asus xonar DG(might get a Fiio E18 dac when it gets released).Budget strictly under 15K,nothing more.

you mean 15k or 1.5k ?

OP
elton_1991

elton_1991

Broken In
shure se 315 / se 425 depending on the price here.

google the links.

Both are not available/out of stock.

Read the comparison of the 425 and triple fi10,the triple fi win.

Nevermind,found my answer on headfi and getting triple fi10.Mod can close thread.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
One of the best neutral IEMs that I still listen to is RE272. Unfortunately there is no successor to it.

tbh, iems are not even close to the sound quality of a full headphone. If you have 15k to spend, get a decent pair of headphones.

OP
elton_1991

elton_1991

Broken In
tbh, iems are not even close to the sound quality of a full headphone. If you have 15k to spend, get a decent pair of headphones.

Its a matter of preference and also in this case,from what people that have said after listening to the fi10 and M50s.The M50 is a sound enthusiast's/beginner audiophile's headphone while the fi10 is a former flagship IEM that beats the m50 by some margin.I like IEMs more now because after having a senn hd202 II and then getting Mee M6,the M6 murdered the 202s in sound quality and isolation,plus they cost Rs600 less than the hd202,so go figure. :wink:

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Its a matter of preference and also in this case,from what people that have said after listening to the fi10 and M50s.The M50 is a sound enthusiast's/beginner audiophile's headphone while the fi10 is a former flagship IEM that beats the m50 by some margin.I like IEMs more now because after having a senn hd202 II and then getting Mee M6,the M6 murdered the 202s in sound quality and isolation,plus they cost Rs600 less than the hd202,so go figure. :wink:

maybe you have not used the baeyer dynamics audio / SONY MDR

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Im just curious, can IEMs have 7.1 audio out put like headphones can (ex- Razer Tiamat) ?

there are a few iem's which have separate units for driving different frequences. available from Jh audio, but they cost upwards of 1150 $ .

JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor | Custom In-Ear Monitors by JH Audio

although you can say they are something like a 5.1 setup. They wouldnt be technically considered 5.1 or 7.1

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
there are a few iem's which have separate units for driving different frequences. available from Jh audio, but they cost upwards of 1150 $ .

JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor | Custom In-Ear Monitors by JH Audio

although you can say they are something like a 5.1 setup. They wouldnt be technically considered 5.1 or 7.1

It's just a frequency crossover. So technically the freq spectrum is distributed to different driver.

For 5.1 or 7.1, spatial orientation is required.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
It's just a frequency crossover. So technically the freq spectrum is distributed to different driver.

For 5.1 or 7.1, spatial orientation is required.

i mean that in a conventional 5.1 setup you have the usual setup. Here you get the same components only in a more compact form with the frequency crossover hence technically its not 5.1 in the true sense. i.e. exactly spatial orientation is required. But you get the same amount of components.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
i mean that in a conventional 5.1 setup you have the usual setup. Here you get the same components only in a more compact form with the frequency crossover hence technically its not 5.1 in the true sense. i.e. exactly spatial orientation is required. But you get the same amount of components.

If you add 6 speakers to a stereo set up it dosnt become a 5.1 though they have the same amount of components. Crossover and Spatial Imaging through Matrixing are different things.

Top Bottom