HDD files not visible

Status
Not open for further replies.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Today i went to my friend's place with my samsung 40gb ide hdd. I transfered about 30 gb of data onto my hdd and transferred 10gb to his hdd. But now that i attached the hdd back to my pc, it does not show the files i received but the disk is not empty( it has 30 gb of occupied space). But i cannot see the files(no hidden files). Please tell the cause and the solution

Last edited by a moderator:

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Guys chill down.
codename is it showing the drive?If you havent formatted that drive.
Then you need to recover your data.I faced a similar problem.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Just get a linux live cd and I am sure it'll recognise your hard disk and let you copy the files to another location.

another thing:just reinstall your windows man,its a sure shot solution I am 99% sure its a stupid windows problem.

I dint know we have some saints in our forum.

OP
codename_romeo

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
gaurav_indian said:
Guys chill down.
codename is it showing the drive?If you havent formatted that drive.
Then you need to recover your data.I faced a similar problem.

willl try this out...... the drive is accessible and in the properties it shows the right free and used space.......

The_Devil_Himself said:
Just get a linux live cd and I am sure it'll recognise your hard disk and let you copy the files to another location.

another thing:just reinstall your windows man,its a sure shot solution I am 99% sure its a stupid windows problem.

I dint know we have some saints in our forum.

Tried the linux live cd method. But then even linux could not show me those files. But then in linux also i cud see the correct used and free space

Last edited:

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
codename_romeo said:
willl try this out...... the drive is accessible and in the properties it shows the right free and used space.......
Download the softwares from here for data recovery depending on the type of filesystem you have

Getdatabackfor fat32
or getdataback for ntfs
*runtime.org/

i recovered data through this software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom