HD TV tuner for gaming and capturing gameplay from PS3/xbox360

Bencollins

Broken In
I need a HD tv tuner to play and record gameplay from PS3 and xbox 360 using HDMI cable as input and my monitor as output for the setup.
I have used external SD TV tuner box and PCI based SD Tv tuner and they worked fine without any lag. only problem was low resolution output from SD tuners.

also, please clear these doubts:

1. Is there any lag between controller input and display on the monitor if i use HD tv tuner?
2. Can i change output resolution of TV tuner? eg: if input resolution is 1080p, can i select 720p as output?
3. Is there any USB TV tuner?

I have a HP W1907 monitor [1440X900] which has VGA and DVI-D ports, It supports HDCP but it doesn't work with HDMI to DVI-D cables. So i need a HD tuner which would output 720p on this monitor. Please don't suggest a new monitor as i am looking for recording gameplay as well.

please suggest a suitable TV tuner under 9k acc. to my requirements.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
i had seen such a tuner selling on another forum. will get back to you on this.

UPDATE: sorry. the sale-thread for the tuner is closed now. perhaps it got sold.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bencollins

Broken In
^^^ can you please post model name of that tuner?

how is aver 3D capture HD ?

AverMedia AVER 3D CAPTURE HD TV Tuner Card - Buy Online at Rs.9640 | Snapdeal.com

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
^^^ can you please post model name of that tuner?

how is aver 3D capture HD ?

AverMedia AVER 3D CAPTURE HD TV Tuner Card - Buy Online at Rs.9640 | Snapdeal.com

good news!

the card isn't sold yet. it is this one:

AverMedia Game Capture HD - AverMedia: Flipkart.com

has an HMDI input too, so its future-secure. for now, you could use a dvi-out to component-in adapter with the device & your present monitor.

it was being sold for 8300/- earlier this year, but then withdrawn from the sale. its still lying with the seller. i have written to him, and will soon put him in contact with you.

OP
B

Bencollins

Broken In
any update, that you might want to share?!

still searching for info.

i am not sure if these tuners will work with my setup. i have a 1440X900 LCD. but PS3 HDMI outputs video at 720p/1080p.

i want my tuner to take input at 720p/1080p using hdmi and display output on my monitor at 720p or 900p. my monitor is not full HD. so i am not sure if it will work. even if it will, not sure if the quality will be any good or laggy gameplay etc.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
still searching for info.

i am not sure if these tuners will work with my setup. i have a 1440X900 LCD. but PS3 HDMI outputs video at 720p/1080p.

i want my tuner to take input at 720p/1080p using hdmi and display output on my monitor at 720p or 900p. my monitor is not full HD. so i am not sure if it will work. even if it will, not sure if the quality will be any good or laggy gameplay etc.

The product-description reads that the MAX. resolution is 1080p. so i hope that it can record gameplay at lower resolutions as well.

PS3 has one setting to output at 576p too, which is permanently ticked. you can untick all other output options and try to record the games at that resolution too. but the best recourse before buying would be to write to avermedia themselves and get your doubt cleared, or, to someone who is using this product or has used it in the past.

OP
B

Bencollins

Broken In
I don't know anyone who uses it. :(

recording resolution is not the problem

My main concern is if it'll work with my LCD. i have a 19" HP W1907 monitor with 1440X900 resolution. and time lag between input and display

Top Bottom