HD 6670 in PCI E 1.1

sukesh1090

Adam young
guys i have a motherboard with PCI E 1.1.so will i face any performance or compatibility issues with msi HD 6670 which is a PCI E 2.1 card on installing it in my MB?
btw is there any known issues with msi afterburner 6670.thank you.

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
@saswat,
but i read in some forum that still there are no graphics card which can even completely use the bandwidth provided by PCI E 1.0.

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
Guys I bought MSI R6670 for 6k.
Can i play games with that crappy psu just for two months till i buy new one?
Can it withstand gfx card for two months?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Although HD 6670 requires very less amount of power but really using a Frontech 450WPSU (Actually they deliver less than 300W in real life) with any dedicated graphics card solution isn't a good idea.

If you don't wanna pay much for now, at least get some local 600W PSU from Zebronics ( the normal ones, not the Pro or platinum series), Odessy.

My suggestion is Zebronics 450W or 480W SATA Plus PSU. It provides 20A (450W one) current to the 12V rail and well suited for a cheap upgrade to run your HD 6670. The price will be around Rs 550 to RS 600.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Latest high-end graphics cards (HD 6850/GTX 460 and above) do benefit from PCIe 2.0, more so for NVIDIA cards than ATI as NVIDIA's drivers use the PCIe bus to offload some processing to the CPU during idle cycles.

The difference is 5% performance at best, and lower end cards really aren't affected. Especially not the 6670.

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^thanks buddy,i already bought 6670.
@cilus,
Here i have seen people selling frontech psu and ups more than zebronics and my psu have 17A in 12V rail.so my question is that is there any difference btw two of them?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Actually those local PSUs provide hardly the rated performance. Zebrinics is still better than Fromtech and Intex type of brands.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Don't worry, HD6670 class cards don't max out PCIe 1.1's max bandwidth, so you got no worries.

Regarding power, even a FSP Saga 380W would suffice, as the GPU is very low on power sucking, very green you might say.

Top Bottom