having problem in Optical drive . Please help .

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddragon

In the zone
I have LiteOn DVD writer .Everything was fine ......UNTIL >>>

i inserted a music cd in my dvd-rw , I heard that the music is coming in a different tone . it was a known music to me so I knew what will be the exact tone , but somehow I understood that my speaker was producing different sounds , so I played some songs from my hardDisk , everything was ok as usual , so absolutely no problem with my speaker . then I tried with 3-4 other cds ................. same result . the experience was like my cd is circulating in some irregular fashion inside the drive, sometimes it was fast sometimes was slow .

then I tried to burn one CD . Burn process was successful but data veryfication failed EACH & EVERY time .

whats the exact problem?

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
I am having quite similar problem with my LG combo drive. I have wasted 3 Cds like this.
Can anyone help?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
i think there might be dust on ur optical lens of ur drive clean it ur self take it to sevice center

wise

Broken In
May be you guys are trying to copy a copy protected CD. Dataverification failure happens in such cases. There are even copy protections which do not allow the CD to be played on the computer. Such CDs can only be played on CD players where you can not copy them.

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
reddragon said:
Can Anyone Send Some Guidance Of Cleaning The Optical Drive ?
the easiest way to clean your optical drive is to get a cleaning cd ( with a short tuft of hairs ) but remember to get a branded one as cheap imitations can damage your drive....

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Not just three , many of my friends reported same problem recently.
We have wasted about 20 CDs combined. sometimes it gets burnt correctly and sometimes it fails.
Nero dont show any problem while writing, after writing 100% , it says data written successfully. But when we try to reinsert the CD , it dont get read by the drive.Also , we have noticed one thing in common, when we see the wasted Cds with our eyes , one small circle is there and rest CD is Blank. it seems initial 10-20 MBs have been burnt.
Any idea???

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Many people having similar problems all of a sudden. Can it be due to the onset of monsoon and resultant increase in humidity which can cause condensation of moisture on the lens which may result in read/write problems?

OP
R

reddragon

In the zone
maybe maybe maybe maybe ..because I am in mumbai .moisture may be the culprit ..................but I need to clean the lens.......how much is the disk cleaning CD?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
liquid_nitrogen88 said:
the easiest way to clean your optical drive is to get a cleaning cd ( with a short tuft of hairs ) but remember to get a branded one as cheap imitations can damage your drive....
the cleaner cd does not clean completly.if u under warrantly just go to service center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom