Have a config in mind,suggest something if you have something better in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Ok I have need more clarification.
I heard a rumour on some forum that tha 785G AMD motherboard chipsets are actually capable of running DX10 games(just run though).
Someone even stated that they played assassin's creed1 on a 785 without a dedicated GPU(albeit with low settings). :O
Err...I don't know how much of this to trust...
Can ya fellas shed some light??

Piyush

Lanaya
I heard a rumour on some forum that tha 785G AMD motherboard chipsets are actually capable of running DX10 games(just run though).
Someone even stated that they played assassin's creed1 on a 785 without a dedicated GPU(albeit with low settings). :O
it is possible if user play on low details and resolution
4200 on-board gfx isn't that bad

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
I asked this question in some other thread,but I can't find that post. :(
Anyways, wanted to know how many PCI slots does the MSI 785G-E53 have??
And what is the cost of a USB 3 add-on and a sata 6Gbps addon?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

785G can run most games at 1024 X 768 @ mid/low settings. Crysis can be run at same resolution, low details. moreover as the IGP is highly OC friendly. so pushing the IGP past 800Mhz won't be much of a problem by cooling it with a fan. & at 800-1Ghz, coupled with a fast dual core. 2Gb ram, you can try out Crysis at 1024X768 @ high details also.

it is possible if user play on low details and resolution
4200 on-board gfx isn't that bad

OC the IGP & high resolution, low details will become a realty.

I asked this question in some other thread,but I can't find that post. :(

PCI: 3(not sure). PCIe 2.0 X 16: 1. MSI 770 board however got 2 X Pcie X 16 slot.

And what is the cost of a USB 3 add-on and a sata 6Gbps addon?

for now its around 1.2-1.7k. later down the line expect single 1.5k card supporting both USB 3.0 & SATA 6Gbps, sametime.

cyberzook

Journeyman
• 1 PCI Express x16 slot (PCI Express Bus SPEC V2.0 compliant)
• 3 PCI Express x1 slots
• 2 PCI slots, support 3.3V/ 5V PCI bus Interface.

*www.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=171&prod_no=1899

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Hmm....according to the site I can add a max of 16 GB RAM.
It has 4 RAM slots then??
However the specs say that it supports hybrid crossfire,but then there is only one PCI Express X 16 slot. :-0
And what is a PCI E Gen slot?? O__o

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
Hmm....according to the site I can add a max of 16 GB RAM.
It has 4 RAM slots then??
However the specs say that it supports hybrid crossfire,but then there is only one PCI Express X 16 slot. :-0
And what is a PCI E Gen slot?? O__o

hybrid crossfire means crossfiring the gpu with the in built hd 4200.... but it isn't of much use though....

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^
aw crap. :\
Thanks for the info though. :)

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

BTW are ye guys absolutely sure that the 785 board allows unlocking of 4th core??

The MSI website only shows that feature in the 790 board.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^
aw crap. :\
Thanks for the info though. :)

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

BTW are ye guys absolutely sure that the 785 board allows unlocking of 4th core??

The MSI website only shows that feature in the 790 board.

it got that option a well. 4th core unlocking very much available in all 785G & 790GX boards.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
all msi 785 boards support acc.... it means they support unlocking of cores....

he did it....

its a feature almost all tech conscious buyers seek before buying an AMD mobo nowadays. leaving it out is like giving yourself a good punch. even the Biostar TA785G3+ support it. it cost only 3.8k.

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Okay.Finally going in for they buy tommorow. WIll just buy mobo+proccy+Ram tommorow.
Will wait a little for drop in prices of gfx cards.Till then I'll have to do with the onboard graphics of the 785. :D
I guess the pre-diwali time will be ideal to buy a graphics card.

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

And yeah I hope the processor supports the new hexa cores coming out. \m/

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

*www.slashgear.com/asus-m4-motherbo...patibility-now-we-just-need-the-cpus-2679215/

The 785 chipset will not support X6's??
:(

Thats sad. :((
Reply soon guys.

Piyush

Lanaya
Okay.Finally going in for they buy tommorow. WIll just buy mobo+proccy+Ram tommorow.
Will wait a little for drop in prices of gfx cards.Till then I'll have to do with the onboard graphics of the 785. :D
I guess the pre-diwali time will be ideal to buy a graphics card.

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

And yeah I hope the processor supports the new hexa cores coming out. \m/

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

*www.slashgear.com/asus-m4-motherbo...patibility-now-we-just-need-the-cpus-2679215/

The 785 chipset will not support X6's??
:(

Thats sad. :((
Reply soon guys.
*www.maximumpc.com/article/news/its_official_amd_confirms_hexacore_thuban_cpu
:)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Eerrrmm...are you guys new to India. Apart from FMCG all packaging I have seen since I could read --> printed price <> verbally quoted price. That is a price the company slaps on, but the dealer will sell at his own whim, depending on market conditions, product specification, company standards, supply chain. TVs, ACs, refrigerators, mobile boxes..its all the same: price will not match the print.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom