Hat's off to Fedora 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Can I install from live CD or its just for live preview as there are two download sections on the download page
Install Media (DVD)
Live Desktop CD

praka123

left this forum longback
@cadcrazy:download gnome or kde spin if you got a fast internet connxn.then,configure YUM(like apt-get) and install whatever software you need.
BTW,there is one project for offline installation of rpms in fedora called OPYUM :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I will dload cd no 1 and then get teh entire system via update :DDDDD

tehehehe

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
@cadcrazy:download gnome or kde spin if you got a fast internet connxn.then,configure YUM(like apt-get) and install whatever software you need.
BTW,there is one project for offline installation of rpms in fedora called OPYUM :)

Thanks Downloading GNOME live cd. Abhi download complete nahin hua. Raat power cut gayi thi :D

I was downloading its torrent today.
The Live CD (gnome) has lots of seeders, and on a 2mbps line, if you cap the upload speed to 40kbps, you can easily get over 150kbps download speed. Just ensure that you have the first tracker as the fedora tracker and the second one as the linuxtracker.org tracker.

I can only assume the same enthusiasm for the DVD and KDE Live CD torrents, but I won't be downloading them now, since I am waiting for the DVD from Linux For You magazine.

WTH!!
My net is not working,any help?
How to install video drivers?
KDE version is running at snail speed on 2GB RAM,Q6600,damn!:mad:I fugged up my XP and ubuntu install and had to reinstall XP.I have no linux distro installed WTF!!
Please help!
Hey one thing,Fedora 9 with KDE 4 looks darned pretty!!

WTH!!
My net is not working,any help?
How to install video drivers?
KDE version is running at snail speed on 2GB RAM,Q6600,damn!:mad:I fugged up my XP and ubuntu install and had to reinstall XP.I have no linux distro installed WTF!!
Please help!
Hey one thing,Fedora 9 with KDE 4 looks darned pretty!!
good luck with trouble shooting.
install ubuntu hardy, and when net fails to work, do sudo iptables --flush command and it will work again. Its supposed to be a bad thing, having to do it over and over again (in my case), but I need to wait for a work around.

good luck with trouble shooting.
install ubuntu hardy, and when net fails to work, do sudo iptables --flush command and it will work again. Its supposed to be a bad thing, having to do it over and over again (in my case), but I need to wait for a work around.
I was using hardy til today morning when fedora wiped it all off:x
Hardy is much much better than this fedora sh1t!no network probs no driver probs ,just install and you are ready to go!But with this fedora cr@p ,you need to band ur head against the walls looking around for a way to connect to the net!WTF!
Thinking of Debian lenny now:D

I was using hardy til today morning when fedora wiped it all off:x
Hardy is much much better than this fedora sh1t!no network probs no driver probs ,just install and you are ready to go!But with this fedora cr@p ,you need to band ur head against the walls looking around for a way to connect to the net!WTF!
Thinking of Debian lenny now:D
oullu ke pathe, only recently were you idolising fedora. But let me tell you, fedora is not for n00bs. Stick to hardy, and later, upgrade to Linux Mint 5. Fedora has some SEL issues preventing it from connecting to the net. You can do little about it with your current knowledge level. Nor can I. Stick to ubuntu hardy and all will be fine.

oullu ke pathe, only recently were you idolising fedora. But let me tell you, fedora is not for n00bs. Stick to hardy, and later, upgrade to Linux Mint 5. Fedora has some SEL issues preventing it from connecting to the net. You can do little about it with your current knowledge level. Nor can I. Stick to ubuntu hardy and all will be fine.
WTH!i never idiolised fedora nor did i say that it is better than ubuntu:mad:And there is no fuggin SEL crap etc.There is some DNS problem.And how do i install nvidia graphics drivers?I added XP and ubunu to the grub bootloader ,still they didnt boot.Any solution?
And please think before you type anything like noob or whatever.
As far as mint is concerned,it is uber buggy!Better stick with hardy.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Fedora 9 does NOT support nvidia drivers at the moment cause it ships with a pre-release version of xserver-xorg.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Nvidia will release the binary in a week or two, so no worries. The "nv" driver will handle all the things nicely except gaming and 3D. So don't think too much, use it norrnally and get the driver once it is out.

There is another option to downgrade the current xorg server so it can go with the current Nvidia driver, but it will be a mess for inexperienced Fedora users. So I would advice against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom