Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought an Asus P5Q-e mobo....with 2X 2GB Corsair XMS2 2x4098-6400-C4DHX...with latency 4-4-4-12...however in the bios it shows the default timings as 5-5-5-18. Why is this?...I tried updating the Mobo firmware to no avail....i don't want to overclock the memory...why is the default timings wrong... any fix ...please reply urgently

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
mobos some time could not detect latency correctly.
Just set the mem timings manually & your prob will be solved.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Update bios and put the timings manually. One of the "god knows why" issue on asus board. I wish I could say this was a chipset issue- but other p45 boards from different manufacturer had no issues like this

OP
U

Ultra_Bloodshed

Broken In
I have updated the bios but the prob seems to persist!! My local technician has no clue and neither does the ASUS support center... Setting the timing manually, is it ok?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have updated the bios but the prob seems to persist!! My local technician has no clue and neither does the ASUS support center... Setting the timing manually, is it ok?

There will be no prob & don't do anything with voltage options as amitash said

& don't change ram frequency too.

See your mobos manual for how to set timings.

Generic procedure : There should be a option like memory timing setting with optial default selected. Set it to expert & then you will be able to change timings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom