Hardware that you should NOT buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigu

Broken In
FIRST, thanks for starting thread,

this help me a lot.

but time to time it looks like people r posting their own problem.
so before posting be sure others having similar problem too.:razz::razz:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
^ do u even know how old card is that?it was one of the best cards of its time.

this thread is for reporting faulty builds/products and those which have a better alternative available.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^^ Ya, right said mate.That was the first card on DirectX 9 era by nvidia ( if I'm not wrong ) I also have one gigabyte geforce fx 5200 gfx card though it's not powerful I can still play nfs carbon, most wanted and other old games with this one.

Stay away from :

Mora Motherboards ( actually any product made by Mora )
Starlite Rams.
Smasung pleomax CD RW's.
Frontec PSU

Last edited:

gamer669

Broken In
ADD Gefore fx 5200 128mb to the list
sucks to the core

Hey dude at least you shuld know Fx5200 256mb was best performer of it's time in low end cards. By the way, i feel that card has got no use today. I can't run any good games today.

I guess all SAMSUNG & LG optical drives suck except few. I bought 2 samsung drives, both of them gave me trouble.One of 'em refused to read any DVD drive though it was a combo. Seriously talking, **** on people who try to sell SAMSUNG and LG you !!!!!!!:-o

Last edited:

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
Dont buy Reliance net. It changes ur Ping from time to time (30 mins to an hour) and all that u were downloading will be gone.
100000000000000 times agree
kick those ba$tard$
GO for anything u want but not reliance

iorhld

Right off the assembly line
HP premium 800 VA UPS.what the hell!!! on power cuts the whole computer system shuts down(just like u are connected to the grid without UPS) and restarts with power from the battery,then whats the point of having an UPS!!!

the UPS is connected to the CPU via USB but most of the the time on computer restarts the computer fails to detect the UPS and i have to manually disconnect and reconnect the USB wire.

also backup time of just 16 minutes and i paid Rs 3100 for this bloody piece of ****.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
HP premium 800 VA UPS.what the hell!!! on power cuts the whole computer system shuts down(just like u are connected to the grid without UPS) and restarts with power from the battery,then whats the point of having an UPS!!!

the UPS is connected to the CPU via USB but most of the the time on computer restarts the computer fails to detect the UPS and i have to manually disconnect and reconnect the USB wire.

also backup time of just 16 minutes and i paid Rs 3100 for this bloody piece of ****.
USB? :?
my APC UPS doesnt have USB... but windows detects it.
in power option in windows, see whether UPS is shown, try to set some scheme (forgot what its name is).

try without connecting the USB.

btw for 3.1k you get 15-20min of back-up only:p
APC 500 costed 2.5k, its back-up time is 10-15mins (with monitor plugged), 25+ without monitor(jus CPU & modem plugged in:)))

nvidia

-----ATi-----
ADD Gefore fx 5200 128mb to the list
sucks to the core
Dude even the HD4870X2, GTX280 will be obsolete after a few years.
But i think he is right. The card must be added to the list. The problem is some of the dealers hand you a 5200 if you dont know anything about graphics cards.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Lite on DVD writer. I know many people here would not agree with me but I faced couple of issues with it already. LH20A1S is the model number

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^I agree with you. Even i have the 20X DVD writer. I'm not sure whats the name.
Its got a lot of problems. The tray isn't good, sometimes the disc wont read properly. Must stay away from them.

gamer669

Broken In
^^I agree with you. Even i have the 20X DVD writer. I'm not sure whats the name.
Its got a lot of problems. The tray isn't good, sometimes the disc wont read properly. Must stay away from them.

:cool:have you gone insane! lite-On are the best performers. I have got Lite on 20A4P recently and it's perfect. Accodrding to test, lite on outperformes mos of 'em. However, i am not sure about 20A1S version.Try out 20A4P, cheap and good:!:

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^I'm not sure about the one you have, but the one i have sucks to the core. Too many problems with it.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
:cool:have you gone insane! lite-On are the best performers. I have got Lite on 20A4P recently and it's perfect. Accodrding to test, lite on outperformes mos of 'em. However, i am not sure about 20A1S version.Try out 20A4P, cheap and good:!:
some specific models have issues and its not that every model should go bad.any company can manufacture faulty hardware or one with low build quality.
even i have a LG Super multi dvd writer thats cursed by many,but for me it has lasted more than my other dvd writers and is still going,but i definitely wont advice someone to get that ;)

hansraj

In the zone
I owned two Samsung DVD drives... a dvd reader and another writer. Both of them started having strange but similar problems. First the symptoms appeared in the reader and finally it became useless. Then the writer too is follwing its elder brother and troubling me now. The problems are
1. Fails to read CD/DVD at times and keeps on ejecting the tray
2. If i fail to keep any CD/DVD in the tray and close it then even GOD cant open it for me using normal means... i have to open it using the "pin inside hole" method.
I have suggested all my friends to go for any drive but for Samsung. I have recieved similar feedback from others having samsung drives.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
USB? :?
my APC UPS doesnt have USB... but windows detects it.
in power option in windows, see whether UPS is shown, try to set some scheme (forgot what its name is).

try without connecting the USB.

btw for 3.1k you get 15-20min of back-up only:p
APC 500 costed 2.5k, its back-up time is 10-15mins (with monitor plugged), 25+ without monitor(jus CPU & modem plugged in:)))

How can Windows..detect..your APC UPS..when it does not have USB. What is the connection medium....???? With no connection between UPS and system (not talking about the literal electrical connec cable)....whats the point to tweak power setting for battery..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom