Hardware that you should NOT buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

icehot

Broken In
Never buy Kenstar Microwave oven(frequent failures)
Never buy iball mouse

I love MS mouse(best one)
Logitech is inferior comparatively

Never buy Nikon Coolpix camera (AA battery guzzler)
And that adds sony rechargeable batteries and charger also which would not take more than 10pics( Duracell ordinary batteries fared better 30 pics)
Atlast, i have found the...shall I say the world's best rechargeable batteries--Sanyo's
battery named---eneloop. Takes 300 pics)

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Always stay away from M$ Mouse & KB & Samsung Optical drives.

This is from my personal experience.

Both of this clamis are wrong.

Microsoft makes one of the best keyboards and mouses. Ever tried Microsoft Comfort series of mouse of Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 keyboard ?

Ever saw the Microsoft Sidewinder mouse.

Samsung ? Makes one of the best Optical drives. Sure it cant beat the likes of Plextor but it does surely make one of the best budget drives. :)

tkin

Back to school!!

Microsoft makes one of the best keyboards and mouses. Ever tried Microsoft Comfort series of mouse of Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 keyboard ?

Samsung ? Makes one of the best Optical drives. Sure it cant beat the likes of Plextor but it does surely make one of the best budget drives. :)
Yeah, you said it.
Microsoft comfort series is best.
For gaming I suggest MS HABU mouse and RECLUSA gaming keyboard.
Burn a hole in your pocket to get them.:D
Samsung drives are not very innovative but are extremely reliable, using one for ages now.

VexByte

Norms Buster

The expensive models of M$ may be good. But, I was tellimng about the entry level/OEM models.

Samsung drives always had the notorious problem with the tray. And, they took a long time to fix it.

tkin

Back to school!!
The expensive models of M$ may be good. But, I was tellimng about the entry level/OEM models.

Samsung drives always had the notorious problem with the tray. And, they took a long time to fix it.
Entry level MS products are good too.
Beware of frauds and duplicate products.
One of my friends purchased a duplicate MS keyboard once and faced a lot of problems.So watch out.
Same with Samsung drives.I once saw a CD rom a long time ago-the name was SAMSONG.:D
Original products are good.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Not any more. That title belongs to GTX200 series. The 9800GTX/GTX+ is really,really cheap(Zotac 9800GTX+~11,500/-)

wherefrom are u getting these rates?9800gtx+ isnt avlabl here yet(kolkata)

Yeah, actually this is the first time I'm planning to build a whole rig from scratch:). I chose the Intel DP35DP mobo but someone pointed out that its lame:(. So I chose this one instead.
Here's the rest:-
1.Intel C2D E8400/E8500
2.2x2GB Kingston DDR2 800MHz RAM
3.XFX 9800GTX/GTX+
4.Corsair CMPSU 620HX P.S.U(620w)
5.Seagate 500GB HD
6.Cooler Master Centurian 534+ Case.
7.Altec Lansing VS2421 Speakers
8.APC 650va U.P.S
Any suggestions on mobo(~7k-8k)?
I chose Asus P5Q.
.....................................Thanks in advance.

extremely good config bro!

tkin

Back to school!!
wherefrom are u getting these rates?9800gtx+ isnt avlabl here yet(kolkata)

extremely good config bro!
Thanks, and my friend went to one shop in chandni and they vaguely told him that they'll get some new nVidia graphic cards by october.They didn't knew anything about the Model or Company but I guess it's 9800GTX+ as its one of the newest cards Rashi launched.
Have to wait now.

Anyway good purchase decision(HD4850)

imgame2

Padawan
Yeah, actually this is the first time I'm planning to build a whole rig from scratch:). I chose the Intel DP35DP mobo but someone pointed out that its lame:(. So I chose this one instead.
Here's the rest:-
1.Intel C2D E8400/E8500
2.2x2GB Kingston DDR2 800MHz RAM
3.XFX 9800GTX/GTX+
4.Corsair CMPSU 620HX P.S.U(620w)
5.Seagate 500GB HD
6.Cooler Master Centurian 534+ Case.
7.Altec Lansing VS2421 Speakers
8.APC 650va U.P.S
Any suggestions on mobo(~7k-8k)?
I chose Asus P5Q.
.....................................Thanks in advance.

i want to say two things to u

1.buy western digital 640 GB its much better performance wise and is available for 3.6k

2.if u really want to go for nvidia and u are buying the comp in October (that is if u still sticking to it),u should really go for gtx260 ..in one month it will certainly be available for 16k or 17k ...its hell lot of better card then gtx+ and with a newer architecture,higher RAM (896 MB),448-bit memory interface width. now gtx260 is available as same price as hd4870 in US(about $289)due to recent price cuts from nVidia... so this will be the trend soon in india too...i m pretty sure u will be getting a geforce 9800 gtx/gtx+ for about 14k ~15k region.in my opinion its not wise to spend that kind of money on old cards(cores).

i personally think u can buy altec lansing speakers later perhaps after a month or two buy cheap headphones or creative speakers..it will not hurt..so will be the case with UPS ...my point being these are external devices and can bought later ...but graphics card is not something u can upgrade later....so focus urself on proccy+mobo+graphics+RAM (perhaps) other things are secondary ...

tkin

Back to school!!
i want to say two things to u

1.buy western digital 640 GB its much better performance wise and is available for 3.6k

2.if u really want to go for nvidia and u are buying the comp in October (that is if u still sticking to it),u should really go for gtx260 ..in one month it will certainly be available for 16k or 17k ...its hell lot of better card then gtx+ and with a newer architecture,higher RAM (896 MB),448-bit memory interface width. now gtx260 is available as same price as hd4870 in US(about $289)due to recent price cuts from nVidia... so this will be the trend soon in india too...i m pretty sure u will be getting a geforce 9800 gtx/gtx+ for about 14k ~15k region.in my opinion its not wise to spend that kind of money on old cards(cores).

i personally think u can buy altec lansing speakers later perhaps after a month or two buy cheap headphones or creative speakers..it will not hurt..so will be the case with UPS ...my point being these are external devices and can bought later ...but graphics card is not something u can upgrade later....so focus urself on proccy+mobo+graphics+RAM (perhaps) other things are secondary ...
Thanks for the help.:)

I think you are mentioning the Zotac GTX260.Well this in gonna be my largest purchase ever in coming 3 years atleast and I don't feel too confident about picking it.
I will stick to XFX and their prices are on the higher side:(.So will have to go with 9800GTX+(If not available then 8800GTS 512MB with the G92 chip at 15k).

PLEASE DON'T TELL ME XFX GTX260 WILL GO FOR 18K AT OCTOBER.:(

And youre right about the speakers.I'm using the Altec Lansing 121i and will stick to it now.:rolleyes:

Again, a big thanks for the suggestions.:D

imgame2

Padawan
Thanks for the help.:)

I think you are mentioning the Zotac GTX260.Well this in gonna be my largest purchase ever in coming 3 years atleast and I don't feel too confident about picking it.
I will stick to XFX and their prices are on the higher side:(.So will have to go with 9800GTX+(If not available then 8800GTS 512MB with the G92 chip at 15k).

PLEASE DON'T TELL ME XFX GTX260 WILL GO FOR 18K AT OCTOBER.:(

And youre right about the speakers.I'm using the Altec Lansing 121i and will stick to it now.:rolleyes:

Again, a big thanks for the suggestions.:D

no i m talking any nvidia company be it XFX or POV or Palit or EVGA will have a price cut for gtx260 and i m not saying that u should go for zotac version ..infact i wouldn't suggest it at all... i m saying is it will be equal to price of HD4870 which is available for ~17.5k ...and over a month it will come down to 15~16k ...so the version that comes from XFX,palit or POV will be in that range or perhaps near about 17k by october ...cos they need to compete with HD4870 ...evga will be slightly higher ....but it will worth it ... ...

man i m following the prices regularly for last one month HD4870 started with 20k now its available for 17.5k after a month ...u can guess what will happen after a month ..and nVidia has cut the prices only last week or so ...thats why ..we have not seen it happening in India ...but i think just like in US market when it is competing with HD4870 or available for same price in US ...it will be the case in India within a few weeks .... just wait and watch ....if u are buying the comp in October ...i m very sure u can get ur fav XFX brand gtx260 for 17~18k .....

tkin

Back to school!!
no i m talking any nvidia company be it XFX or POV or Palit or EVGA will have a price cut for gtx260 and i m not saying that u should go for zotac version ..infact i wouldn't suggest it at all... i m saying is it will be equal to price of HD4870 which is available for ~17.5k ...and over a month it will come down to 15~16k ...so the version that comes from XFX,palit or POV will be in that range or perhaps near about 17k by october ...cos they need to compete with HD4870 ...evga will be slightly higher ....but it will worth it ... ...

man i m following the prices regularly for last one month HD4870 started with 20k now its available for 17.5k after a month ...u can guess what will happen after a month ..and nVidia has cut the prices only last week or so ...thats why ..we have not seen it happening in India ...but i think just like in US market when it is competing with HD4870 or available for same price in US ...it will be the case in India within a few weeks .... just wait and watch ....if u are buying the comp in October ...i m very sure u can get ur fav XFX brand gtx260 for 17~18k .....
Thanks a lot for the info and also for the confidence and support.
Can't wait till the price drops enough for me to get it.:eek:

Q.Will the Corsair CMPSU620HX 620w P.S.U be enough for the GTX260 (3x12V rails at 50A max with two 6 pin PCIe connectors).:rolleyes:

Again, thanks for the price updates bro.:D

imgame2

Padawan
Thanks a lot for the info and also for the confidence and support.
Can't wait till the price drops enough for me to get it.:eek:

Q.Will the Corsair CMPSU620HX 620w P.S.U be enough for the GTX260 (3x12V rails at 50A max with two 6 pin PCIe connectors).:rolleyes:

Again, thanks for the price updates bro.:D

well its not confidence its simple market dynamics ...nVidia saw HD4870 as threat and lowered its 260gtx prices equal to HD4870.....so if they have to beat HD4870 in India too they will have to come with equal prices ...cos if they don't they will really loose to HD4870 ...which i m sure they will not want to...they know what steps to take...so u see i have faith in nVidia ...and confidence in them.

the Power supply is awesome ...u can put another GTX260 in SLI and it will run smooth ...

tkin

Back to school!!
well its not confidence its simple market dynamics ...nVidia saw HD4870 as threat and lowered its 260gtx prices equal to HD4870.....so if they have to beat HD4870 in India too they will have to come with equal prices ...cos if they don't they will really loose to HD4870 ...which i m sure they will not want to...they know what steps to take...so u see i have faith in nVidia ...and confidence in them.

the Power supply is awesome ...u can put another GTX260 in SLI and it will run smooth ...
Thanks, seems I'm not the only one supporting nVidia(Even now with the HD4850/4870 vs 9xxx series debate).:D

imgame2

Padawan
Thanks, seems I'm not the only one supporting nVidia(Even now with the HD4850/4870 vs 9xxx series debate).:D

well i m not a fanboy of either nvidia or ATI ...u know i was in this forum about three months ago considering my options about 8800gt ...or which model to buy??,which brand?? but due to a marriage function at home i knew i will not get much time to spend on comp as it was busy time ..with a lot of responsibility on me ..

when i got back to see at what price i can buy 8800gt now ...i was stunned to see what HD4850 had to offer ...and clearly nvidia still has not come up with anything for HD4850 ...9800 gtx+ is still about $20-$25 costlier to HD4850 in US and about 2~3k costlier in india ...i had to change my mind for HD4850 ...cos 2~3k is a lot of money perhaps one more stick of 2Gb RAM or WD 640 GB hard disk...or i can spend elsewhere ...hence i m satisfied with HD4850...9800gtx+ should be placed directly against HD4850 to give any threat to HD4850...

just three months before the performance i was expecting from a 8800gt ....i m getting better performance with lower price..

tkin

Back to school!!
well i m not a fanboy of either nvidia or ATI ...u know i was in this forum about three months ago considering my options about 8800gt ...or which model to buy??,which brand?? but due to a marriage function at home i knew i will not get much time to spend on comp as it was busy time ..with a lot of responsibility on me ..

when i got back to see at what price i can buy 8800gt now ...i was stunned to see what HD4850 had to offer ...and clearly nvidia still has not come up with anything for HD4850 ...9800 gtx+ is still about $20-$25 costlier to HD4850 in US and about 2~3k costlier in india ...i had to change my mind for HD4850 ...cos 2~3k is a lot of money perhaps one more stick of 2Gb RAM or WD 640 GB hard disk...or i can spend elsewhere ...hence i m satisfied with HD4850...9800gtx+ should be placed directly against HD4850 to give any threat to HD4850...

just three months before the performance i was expecting from a 8800gt ....i m getting better performance with lower price..
Can't argue about that.
Right you are.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom