Hardware price list/spec sheet

AMD_logic

Broken In
Thanks for the quick suggestion megamind as i have to change this decision overnight..!

3 questions i have..

There are 5 models of the msi per the website & I have ordered them below from low to high performance.. (& hence low to high cost)

Is this correct ?

R6870-2PM2D1GD5
R6870-2PM2D1GD5/OC
R6870 Twin Frozr II
R6870 Twin Frozr II/OC

now where does the hawk fit into this order?

Second, per the spec sheet on the msi website, the connecivity options such as TV-Output, vivo, hdtv,hdcp,hdmi,dual-link dvi are absent on the hawk .. is this true..

Third, would I lose on any connectivity options/features by opting this 6870 hawk over the 6850 cyclone pe ?

thanks !

ssb1551

Technomancer
Terribly astonished by the prices being quoted in this forum !
Even delta (supposedly said to have cheap & transparent prices) has listed 6850 @ 10.5 k *www.deltapage.com/list/index.html

Dude all the prices quoted in the forum were from smc or theitwares. Megamind has even posted the links in the post above yours!!

You should have ordered from smc or theitwares if you were looking to save!!

d3p

PowerHouse
Thanks for the quick suggestion megamind as i have to change this decision overnight..!

3 questions i have..

There are 5 models of the msi per the website & I have ordered them below from low to high performance.. (& hence low to high cost)

Is this correct ?

R6870-2PM2D1GD5
R6870-2PM2D1GD5/OC
R6870 Twin Frozr II
R6870 Twin Frozr II/OC

now where does the hawk fit into this order?

Second, per the spec sheet on the msi website, the connecivity options such as TV-Output, vivo, hdtv,hdcp,hdmi,dual-link dvi are absent on the hawk .. is this true..

Third, would I lose on any connectivity options/features by opting this 6870 hawk over the 6850 cyclone pe ?

thanks !

Click Here & find your own answer

AMD_logic

Broken In
I'm somehow very skeptical about ordering online..! So many things happen even when buying components directly from the store .. so god know what could happen when it ships to me 1500 kms apart with no one to fall back upon in case of problems/issue ! (no point in debating over this point anyway..)

Let me check the local price of the hawk .. but before that I would want to know why exactly the hawk is the best deal out of the 5 variants ?

AMD_logic

Broken In
Hawk is the 'all' ? So, is hawk the highest variant in terms of price & performance? n still it lacks all the connectivity options that I mentioned above ?

@ d3p5kor
I had made the above post after looking at the website only.! Just unable to understand the differences R6870-2PM2D1GD5/OC & R6870 Twin Frozr II/OC.. the only difference is the better cooling solution with 2 fans & absolutely nothing else ?

Guess, I can avoid confusion if someone could give me the prices of all the 5 varaints pls ! or atleast list them down in order of
1. price &
2. performance...

This would really help me..

MegaMind

Human Spambot
I had made the above post after looking at the website only.! Just unable to understand the differences R6870-2PM2D1GD5/OC & R6870 Twin Frozr II/OC.. the only difference is the better cooling solution with 2 fans & absolutely nothing else ?

Factory OCed core...

MegaMind

Human Spambot
So the R6870-2PM2D1GD5/OC is chipset OC'ed (amd) & the twin frozr is an MSI OC'ed one ? (both running @ same clock speeds though..?)

Cooler, PCB differs, so price differs...

HAWK is jus 10MHz faster than them but is a better cooler than twin frozer II..

AMD_logic

Broken In
thanks for helping me out on this megamind..

So, in case the hawk is over-priced in chennai, what is the next lower variant that I can fall upon ?
Can u list these per their prices ? Is this correct ?

R6870-2PM2D1GD5 < R6870-2PM2D1GD5/OC < R6870 Twin Frozr II < R6870 Twin Frozr II/OC < R6870 Hawk

MegaMind

Human Spambot
So, in case the hawk is over-priced in chennai, what is the next lower variant that I can fall upon ?
Can u list these per their prices ? Is this correct ?

R6870-2PM2D1GD5 < R6870-2PM2D1GD5/OC < R6870 Twin Frozr II < R6870 Twin Frozr II/OC < R6870 Hawk

Get either R6870 Twin Frozr II/OC or R6870 Hawk, not more than 11.5~12K...
I'm not sure of the local prices..

Check,
Sethia infotech(i hope you can find it),
Amalgamated Electronics(which is a couple of stores after Sethia Infotech while moving towards Bata showroom),
Samta infotech(KAJ Plaza)

AMD_logic

Broken In
Get either R6870 Twin Frozr II/OC or R6870 Hawk, not more than 11.5~12K...
I'm not sure of the local prices..

Check,
Sethia infotech(i hope you can find it),
Amalgamated Electronics(which is a couple of stores after Sethia Infotech while moving towards Bata showroom),
Samta infotech(KAJ Plaza)

thanks a ton megamind..! :)
btw, which are the cards that I can crossfire with this ? (apart from a replica of course)