Hardware price list/spec sheet

udaydeep_1990

Spin the ball !!!
@ compaddict
yo man, you did a really commendable job there, I was actually getting a feel that these prices were a bit haywire and incomplete. I really needed them. Thnx.

@ jck
compaddict has added many new models and updated many prices.

hey compaddict are you actually just 15 yrs old (i know this ques has nothing to do with tech but i couldnt stop myself from asking) ?

And what do you suggest i go with dual cannel ram or onboard nvidia ( i.e. G31 or an N73PV ). Getting lots of useful opinions but still not sure.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
@ compaddict
yo man, you did a really commendable job there, I was actually getting a feel that these prices were a bit haywire and incomplete. I really needed them. Thnx.
I really appreciate that.

hey compaddict are you actually just 15 yrs old (i know this ques has nothing to do with tech but i couldnt stop myself from asking) ?
Yup, me 15 that's true. Just truned 15 OCt 23rd.

And what do you suggest i go with dual cannel ram or onboard nvidia ( i.e. G31 or an N73PV ).
G31, get the cheapest G31, dual channel will boost performance by some 10% to 15%,doesn't sound much, but it's a lot actually.

U can save 4-5k and add a gfx card l8er, but dual channel ram support can't be added l8er, this we have to take in2 consideration.

abhadi

Broken In
hi guys,
I am living in chenai.... Could you the tell the prices of
intel C2Q 9450/9550
asus P5Q E

cos it seems that they have increased the prices... and pl. suggest a good shop here...

Thanks in advance..

udaydeep_1990

Spin the ball !!!
@abhadi
refer to the first page of this thread .The prices are given 14K and 15.6K for 9450 and 9550 respec i suppose.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

If u r in btwn Q9450 and Q9550,but Q9450, better bang for buck.

And yes first page of this thread are the prices, more or less the same all over India.

About Chennai, i can refer here I guess once:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8673

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I terabyte seagate 32MB Buffer should cost You Rs. 5.6-5.8K

There is not much price difference between 16Mb & 32MB version. Max Rs. 300 less.
So it's s wise to get 32MB buffer model.

udaydeep_1990

Spin the ball !!!
hey guyz, almost finalized, keeping in mind dual channel and the cost, i jus have to decide between the following G31 models :

* Gigabyte GA G31M S2L
* Asus P5KPL CM (anyways how much does the new P5KPL AM/PS cost anyone knows ?)
* Palit G31
* Intel G31PR
* Biostar G31 M7

Overclocking is not a priority as E5200 already has a good proc speed, but the option is not closed, I might get adventurous someday.
If not Intel then please tell me why as my family higher authorities consider Intel as MTNL like *tried and tested , the leader in sasta aur tikau *.

thnx in advance !!!! :):):)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Go for Gigabyte GA G31M S2L - If you can't find it

Go for Asus P5KPL_CM

They both Costs between 2300-2400

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

ADDED:
Corsair CX400W @ 3.2k

Seagate Barracude 7200.11 1TB @ 5.7k

Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz @ 9.5k

Overclocking is not a priority as E5200 already has a good proc speed, but the option is not closed,
You might reconsider, spending an xtra 1k on mobo might be better that u can imagine, because E5200 can be overclocked with stock cooler and value ram to 4GHz stable with extreme benchmarks 24x7.

At that speed, it performs better than E8600, much.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
For ocing he should atleast buy MSI p35 neo F. But then again he have to invest in a gfx card . I've suggested that many times.

Is not amd is a better choice for him ( though I would recomend going with intel ) as he does not seems to be upgrade his rig later with a good proccy. He can enjoy games better than intel with onboard gfx.

AMD X2 5600+ 2.9Ghz Rs. 3800
Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S2 Rs. 3000

or
AMD X2 5000+ Rs. 2800
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H with HDMI Rs. 4200

Thats all the possible combination in Rs. 7000

Though at the end of the day he have to make the choice.

udaydeep_1990

Spin the ball !!!
But I decided I shall go for a gfx card later soon. So in that case I suppose Intel GMA would be fine till then.

And as far as P35 is concerned, i am keeping it as an option if I might be able to extend my budget further. :cool:

Although I wont get my rig anywhere in this next week :(:(:(, maybe next week, but I might be able to extend my budget :D:D:D to 12K to 13K (mobo, proccy, ram, hdd, cabinet). I am pretty much sure about all the rest stuff (e5200, 2GB ddr2 800, 160 GB, any cabinet), only mobo is the one that can fluctuate.

Should:confused: I consider MSI P35 Neo F good enough for 3.5 to 4.5 K budget, or should I also consider Palit P35A, Biostar P35D2-A7 or any else say gigabytes' ?

And is overclocking not possible using G31 or 945G at all ? Or is it partially possible or maybe not as effective ?:confused::confused:

And I prefer Intels' over AMDs' (flowing along the water currents I suppose:neutral::neutral:).

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
hey comp@ddict. i appreciate on the hardwork u have done on creating this list....
but some things are missing in the price quotes,some products are also missing.
1.the differences in the prices mentioned in the list and actual price are as big as 1.5k~2k
2.pls dont post prices mention on these sites because they differ mostly in actual prices
3.refer to the sites of shops such as primeabgb for real price quotes
4.theitwares has updated their price list and added new products refer them as well

udaydeep_1990

Spin the ball !!!
guys, is it true that P35 dont have any gfx, i mean no onboard gfx and not even intel's own GMA ? I dont think I can buy the P35 then as I will be buying the gfx card much later.

So any better chipset than G31 for overclocking, that has atleast some GMA, upto nearly 4K ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
You have Budget Of 13K right ?
Then I will suggest you :

Proc e5200 Rs. 4200
MSi or Palit P35 Rs. 4200
Ram 2x IGB DDR2 800 Mhz Transcend or KingSton 1150
Zebronics Bijli with PSU Rs. 1450 ( don't OC your proc with this PSU )
HDD Seagate 250 or 320GB Rs. 2100
GFX Card - 8400GS 256MB DDR2 Rs. 1600

Total Rs. 14700 only ( 1.7K more )

In the case of p35 - It's OC potential is very high. With value Rams it you can OC to
100-150 FSB more ( even more ) than what your proc supports.
In case of e5200 it can be oced 300*12.5 = 3750Mhz ( More Can be OCED )
In case of e2180 it's 350*10 = 3500 Mhz ( More can Be OCED )

You can actuall manually take the FSB as high as 400-450 with this mobo ( provided you use better rams ).

G31 chips meant to be used in non-power users ( non ocer ) rig . So that chip does not supports extreme OC. It's OC potential is very tiny. You have to use tight timing rams if want to moderately OC G31 chips.

With Value Rams you can OC it 30-40 FSB more than what your proc supprts.
In case of e5200 it can be oced 240*12.5 = 3000 MHz or 3GHz.

Gigabyte mobos are better ocer ( low end range ) than asus.

If you think you don't need that much firepower ( beyond 3Ghz )
Here get what I suggest :

e5200 Rs. 4200
Gigabyte GA G31M S2L or Asus P5KPL-CM Rs. 2350
250 or 320GB Hdd Rs. 2100
2x 1GB Value Rams 800Mhz Rs. 1150
Zebronics without PSU Rs. 1050
CM 460w or 500W For Rs. 2450 Rs. 2700( PSU ) ( you can OC your Proc To 3Ghz with that PSu )

Total Rs. 13300 or 250 more for 500W PSU

janitha

Wise Old Owl
guys, is it true that P35 dont have any gfx, i mean no onboard gfx and not even intel's own GMA ? I dont think I can buy the P35 then as I will be buying the gfx card much later.

So any better chipset than G31 for overclocking, that has atleast some GMA, upto nearly 4K ?

P35, P45 etc. doesn't have onboard graphics.

udaydeep_1990

Spin the ball !!!
Well could anyone please somewhat compare the performance of my older system with the new planned one :

Older PC : (intel 478 socket based)
Intel Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz (512 kb cache)
Intel D845GVSR motherboard
256 MB DDR1 RAM (later 512 MB)

New config : (intel 775 socket based)
Intel Dual Core E5200 2.5 Ghz (2 MB cache)
Asus P5KPL CM or Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L motherboard
2 x 1GB DDR2 RAM Dual Channel

Obviously I know that new is better, but just want to know the practical extent of how much better would it be. Thnx anyways.

Last edited:
Top Bottom