topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. I haven't found any till date
2. Get e2200 For Rs. 3100 & Palit P35 A for Rs. 4200
3. HW prices differ from place to place about Rs. 100-500
4. No. U got the max supported FSB.
Motherboards are backward compatible with 533/800/1066 Mhz FSB &
Same goes Ram. You can use 667Mhz & 800Mhz Ram with mobos without a hitch.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
E5200 is being sold by some vendors cuz I've seen ppl buying the procc.

BTW that processor costs 4-4.4k and the OC on stock is 4GHz stable.
And it beats E7200 once u OC the procc to 2.7GHz from 2.5GHz, not difficult eh?

E5200 is just a better overclocking and higher clocked by 100MHz variant of the old Allendale E4600.
But since its at 4.4K, its better to get E7200 for 1K extra which OCs even better and has higher L2 cache.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
E5200 is being sold by some vendors cuz I've seen ppl buying the procc.

BTW that processor costs 4-4.4k and the OC on stock is 4GHz stable.
And it beats E7200 once u OC the procc to 2.7GHz from 2.5GHz, not difficult eh?

Buddy can you put some links in here - It will help who wants to buy that proc.

I've searched every store in my locality & indian online stores - but couldn't find a single piece. I've only seen the price in digit mag.

E5200 is just a better overclocking and higher clocked by 100MHz variant of the old Allendale E4600.
But since its at 4.4K, its better to get E7200 for 1K extra which OCs even better and has higher L2 cache.

It also sports with 3MB of L2 Cache as compared o e5200 which has only 2MB.

Nehalem Core i7 920 Rs.14,900.00
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2,800.00
From lynx-india

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
topgear said:
Transcend 2GB DDR2 800 Mhz Value Ram Rs. 1075 - Street Price
Where are you from? Is the price similar at other places? I wanted to know about Siliguri.

At comp@ddict. I wanted to know about Notebook RAMs. Do you have something to put up? I specifically want 2GB DDR2 800MHz Stick.

udaydeep_1990

Spin the ball !!!
thnx guys for your answers.

btw my friend jus told me yesterday that e5200 is available in a few shops in nehru place delhi. but i'll have to go there to get the price (dealers wont tell on phone, as if its top secret). anyways i shall be going there day after tomoro so i'll get the price and post it. (if there is any particular product cost anyone wants to know, jus post it, i'll get the prices).

but i am unfortunately still confused over the motherboard. Howz the XFX MG 630i 7109 or the Palit n73. how wud be the palit n73 against the p35a which topgear recomended. (i have to save as much as possible, only then shall i be able to get 2 GB ram instead of just 1 Gb).

as far as overclocking is concerned, i havent done it before and maybe wont do it further as well since the cabinet i shall be using is going to be is a simple intex one, no other cooling at all. anyways i dont know to how lolz.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you want amotherboard with onboard graphics & play games with that onoard gfx & don't have plan to buy a gfx card

Then get palit N73 PV with e5200. The board should cost Rs. 2500-2600
*www.palit.biz/en/support/driver.html

You can also save some cost by opting for e2200 & oc to 2.6Ghz. If you don't want to OC then get e5200.

If you wnt to add a gfx card later for gaming then I would recomend Asus P5kPL-CM For Rs. 2350 It also has onboard gfx but inferior compared to 7100 ( palit n73 pv )

Don't even think of buying XFX motherboards ( my XFX 650i ultra gone kaput 3 times )

If you have a gfx card or can spend Rs. 11500
Then get e2200 with Palit P35A. Oc it to 2.6 Or 2.7 Ghz with stock cooler ( It will not overheat ) You will get performance simillar to e5200.
Add a gfx card Like 9500GT & you will get mind blowing performance in games.
Also P35 is far more better chip than 630i or G31.

udaydeep_1990

Spin the ball !!!
Do you want amotherboard with onboard graphics & play games with that onoard gfx & don't have plan to buy a gfx card
yup thats what i planned !

Don't even think of buying XFX motherboards ( my XFX 650i ultra gone kaput 3 times )
Really? I seemed to be in the impression that they were good. But is that a general perception or specifically you (topgear) dont prefer it. A person in this forum manishjha is also using it and "seems" to be happy with it. Anyways thnx for warning.

Also P35 is far more better chip than 630i or G31.

Are you saying this in terms of features or stability/longitivity,
because in terms of features, 630i is far ahead of n73 pv or even p35.
630i has nvidia graphics (p35 doesnt)
630i supports max 4 Gb ram (n73pv supports max 2 gb)
630i has 10 usb ports (palits have 8).
630i has hdmi, vivo, spdif in/out (niether palit has them)
630i has eSATA which i shall be using (niether palit has them)

Also the e2200 and e2000 are not supported by a few motherboards (XFX 63MI 7109) as they have LGA 776 (?) socket.

Anyways what would be the price of XFX MG 630i 7109/7159.

Also what is the diff b/w N73PV and N73V (if there is) ? should i go with pv just beacuse it is slightly more comman even if it is costlier.

Are there any other motherboards from gigabyte ,asus or msi in the range of 2-3.5 k which have onboard gfx (not intel GMA) and support dual core.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ udaydeep_1990

if you planned to onboard gaming stick with 7100 gfx core.

if you don't belive me search in their forum - *www.bjorn3d.com/forum/
Still you want to buy that brand it's your choice.
Can you quote the exact model name of that mobo that has HDMI, SPDIF,e-SATA.
The price should be a lot for that.

p35 is better in terms of stability & performance. You just have to add a discrete gfx card.

Palit is also based on same chip ( N73PV ). It also features 630i chipset & 7100Gfx core.
It should also support 4GB ram. But I don't know why it's mentioned only 2GB on website.

The N73V is based on 610i chipset & 7050 Gfx core.

Note both 610 & 630 doesn't supports dual channel.

There is no such things like LGA 776.

All intel e2xxx series supports 775 pin socket & they also supports 610/630 chipsets.

If you want to stick with Nvidia then buy Palit N73PV or
Asus P5n MX for Rs. 2350 based on 610/7050 only have 100mb lan port.

I would strongly recomend considering your budget a Asus P5KPL-CM ( g31 - supports dual channel ) &
Wait a bit & get a 9500GT For Rs. 3800 after a few months.

udaydeep_1990

Spin the ball !!!
well thnx for that info.

The exact model no. of the mobo having HDMI, DVI ,e-SATA, SPDIF (and lots more) is the XFX MG 630i 7109. It has a few brothers as well - 610i, 63MI along with different 7059,7109,7159 for each of them.

consider this page to view the exact details of XFX MG 630i 7109 and its brothers.
*www.xfxforce.com/en-us/ShoppingTools/ProductComparison.aspx
they are pretty cheap nearly Rs 2.4 to 3.5 thousand.

As far as LGA 776 is concerned, check out this intel website page :

*compare.intel.com/PCC/showchart.aspx?mmID=36895,890247,890242,890244&familyID=1&culture=en-US

could anyone please tell me the price of intel DG31PR and D945GCPE ?

Also if I have to choose between Intel Original DG31PR and Asus P5KPL-CM, then ?

Last edited:

SenthilAnandh

Lost,But not yet defeated
@udaydeep you can go for an amd rig. Amd x2 5000+ proc and gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H mobo along with 2 gb ram. This rig can play all games at 1024*768. The performance of this motherboard gfx (3200 IGP) will be far superior than 7100 IGP.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ udaydeep_1990

The link you have mentioned showing 2.4Ghz e2200 as 776 Socket Type.
But thats odd. That could be typo.
Check any mobo manufactures website for a particular mobos cpu support & you will find e2200 2.4Ghz is supported.

That page has no information about mem type but we all know that intel e2xxx series supports DDR2 ( even DDR3 )

But the link you mentioed shows all the processors pin count 775

The e2200 I'm Taking about is This :
*processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLA8X

Go to this page and all of your doubts will be cleared
*processorfinder.intel.com/List.aspx?ParentRadio=25,46,55,47,48,56,50,51,52,&ProcFam=2841&SearchKey=

Please let me know the exact price of that mobo with spdif, e-sata, firewire etc. etc. in india. Not other models. That could not be be 3.5K.

Don't even think of buying Intel Mobos. They Suck.

Go for Asus or Gigabyte G31 boards.

If you think you will not upgrade to faster intel processor later then you can consider what SenthilAnandh have suggested.

udaydeep_1990

Spin the ball !!!
okay so no intel mobo.
One last dilemna : "nVidia onboard gfx or dual channel memory".
Thiat would decide almost evrything.

And as far as that XFX is concerned, it is not 3.5K, actually it is even less. Although i am a digit fan but if you check chip, the prices there state that it is cheaper than Intel DG31PR and palit N73PV. Similar are all the rates on the net (whatever tid bits I could find).The rest is for you to decipher.

I agree that to be a typo.

and you did mention that i can get e2200 for 3.1K and OC to get nearly 2.6 Ghz. Wouldnt e2220 be better ?

Are you sure Intel mobos are not good. Really hard to digest. They have the biggets market share. And I specifically prefer to stay away from AMDs (unexploreda regionale).

Arent there any dual channel memory supporting mobos with onboard gfx ? In such a biiiiig variety none of the manufactures have this combo.

So I basically have an option between P5KPL-CM and P5N-MX, right ?
cause no intel, no XFX, p35a crosses budget, but yeah N73PV still remains in the optionale. Please suggest. utter confusion.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Go for Dual Channel - It will give you 10 to 40% performance boost. Varies from apps to apps.

Combo No. 1
For mobo go for either Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L or Asus P5KPL-CM.
Intel e5200 proc. They supports Dual Channel with onboard gfx.

Entry & mid Level Intel Original Mobos just sucks coz they don't have much advanced options in Bios. Ask any experienced member in forum & they will give you the answer.

If you think you will be playing games with onboard nvidia gfx - then you should know that even a entry level gfx card like 8400gs Rs. 1600 can outperform all NNvidia 7xxx & 8xxx series onboard gfx.

Combo No. 2
If you can spend Rs. 11000 then you should go for e2200 Rs. 3100 ( OC it to 2.6 Ghz )
Palit p35 mobo Rs. 4100
9500GT For Rs. 3800

The plus side when core i7 will go mainstream & the current c2d & c2qs price will fall heavily. Then you can opt for Say a quad 8200 or even q9550.

Last edited:

udaydeep_1990

Spin the ball !!!
Well thanx man.

I think I am more or less decided now.
I shall go with the combo 1 as i wont be upgrading my proccy any soon. I'll see if i can squeeze the p35a at the cost of my hard drive, shall continue to use my 40GB PATA with the special connector. But this seems stupid, so i'll go with combo 1 only, giving preferance to Asus.
Thnx buddy.

Dual channel advantage is quite less - 5% to 15%. And N73PV is much better than G31 in overall performance thanks to better graphics.

However, if you need an onboard solution to play games, get Biostar 780G board for 3.2K and Get an AMD Athlon X2 4600+ for 2.7K. Would have great performance in gaming compared to Palit N73PV or G31.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
I'm sorry I dunno prices about notebook parts and all, but I've got something for all of you that shud cheer all up.

"U might wanna check the first post once"

Top Bottom