Hardware price list/spec sheet

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can you please suggest any review about this monitor bcoz i want to buy this and i am seriously short of money, so going for a cheapo, any suggestions. i have a HD4850

The monitor's picture quality is very good and there is no no lag or ghosting while gaming. It has great picture color re-production, contrast and brightness but the only hitch is you will have to power on the monitor every time by pressing the power button of the monitor. The monitor comes with a 16A 240V power plug which is very large , fat and big so I have to use another power plug to to hook up this monitor with my ups.

So if you are looking for a monitor for extremely low budget with great colors, contrast and brightness this would be your best bet :p

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
yes, all of sapphire's cards HD4850, HD4870(except HD4890) are by default fitted with vapor-x derivated coolers

According to this month's digit review, this cooler keeps load temperatures below 50C and in the same test HD4770 reached 52C and GTS250 a magnificent 65C........

So I bet the cooler is a good one...and about the modell...well it's the only HD4850 512MB model available from sapphire...and by seeing the pic of the card on the box, u shud recognise it...it's this one anywayz..

*www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?psn=0001&pid=220

thanks.

offtopic : yippieeeee! shifted to the new house. buying new pc in the coming week.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
But if Nvidia is going to release their DX11 budget GPU's earlier than feb/march then ATI will release their sub $100 dx11 gpu's at the same time ( a wild guess :p )

But I think your speculations is correct though coz nvidia will 1st start with their mid range and high end gpu's ( though not ultra high end ) to show off their DX11 gpu's power and later they will release budget DX11 sub $100 gpu's :p
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
thanks.

offtopic : yippieeeee! shifted to the new house. buying new pc in the coming week.

Congrats ! for shiftting to a new house :p

Best wishes for your upcoming new pc :p

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ If budget is not an issue than get a core i7 extreme 975 based rig. This thing will be your best bet :p

Nvidia is auctioning off a custom-built "ultimate" gaming system on eBay. Company spokesperson Brian Burke told TG Daily that the machine was "hand built" by veteran case modder Richard "Darth Beavis" Surroz and is valued at over $10,000.

"With a one of a kind Nvidia themed paint job created by Smooth Creations, the system features two watercooled GeForce GTX 295 graphics cards in SLI, Nvidia 3D Vision glasses and a Samsung 2233RZ 3D Vision Ready Display," said Burke.

"[The machine also boasts] an Intel Core i7 975 Extreme Edition CPU, 12GB of Crucial Ballistix DDR3 Memory, an ASUS Rampage II Gene X58 Motherboard, two 256GB Crucial SSD Hard Drives in Raid 0 and two 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black Hard Drives."

Burke added that "100 percent" of the auction proceeds will be sent directly to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Additional specs include:

Danger Den Double Wide Tower Case
Complete Danger Den Water-cooling system
Silverstone DA1000 Power Supply
Case Accessories by Performance PCs
Case LED Lighting by Oznium
Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
Custom Nvidia Themed Razer Boomslang Mouse
Microsoft Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition provided by TigerDirect
15 of the hottest "The Way It's Meant to Be Played" PC Gaming Titles

The price is only $4300 :p

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1185539&postcount=305

Or else get AMD Phemom II X4 965 BE around Rs. 12K along with a MSI 790FX-GD70 around Rs. 10-10.5K :p

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1) Core i7 920: 14k or core i5: 10k or AMD Phenom II X4 965BE: 11k-12k
2) Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5: 18k (for core i7) or GA-P55M-UD2: 7.5k (core i5) or MSI 790GX-G65: 7.5k (for AMD Phenom II)

do remember this:

Core i7 fits only on LGA1366 socket and X58 chipset based motherboards (and need three RAM modules to make full use of triple channel DDR3 memory controller)
core i5 fits only on LGA1156 socket and P55 chipset based motherboards (needs two RAM modules to make full use of dual channel DDR3 memory controller)
Phenom II X4 fits on AM3/AM2+/AM2 socket based motherboards (780G/785G/790FX/790GX/740G chipset supported) (needs two RAM modules to make full use of dual channel DDR3 memory controller and also supports dual channel DDR2 depending on motherboard)

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
1) Core i7 920: 14k or core i5: 10k or AMD Phenom II X4 965BE: 11k-12k
2) Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5: 18k (for core i7) or GA-P55M-UD2: 7.5k (core i5) or MSI 790GX-G65: 7.5k (for AMD Phenom II)
Right now the best options are:-

X4 620 / X2 550 + 785G
OR
i5 + P55

i7 is just too much and doesn't offer much of an improvement in gaming and everyday tasks and on top consumes 100W more on load(almost).

Krow

Crowman
That's not applicable to someone with no budget concerns. Of course, with time, the improvements will increase. Just like with newer games 5970 has a greater margin of FPS gain over GTX295 as compared to older ones.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ comp@ddict - I think the best combo for AMD platform would be Athlon II X4 620+790GX-G65 ( 790GX+SB750 ) coupled with DDR3 :p

vwad

In the zone
all right now

one more small additional query

I need one cheap CPU also

quad core proc, mobo, AMD platform, any suggestion for budget of 11k
Posted again:
@ comp@ddict - I think the best combo for AMD platform would be Athlon II X4 620+790GX-G65 ( 790GX+SB750 ) coupled with DDR3 :p

oh

will this come for 11k ? :)

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
all right now

one more small additional query

I need one cheap CPU also

quad core proc, mobo, AMD platform, any suggestion for budget of 11k
Posted again:

oh

will this come for 11k ? :)

Nope, it's a little bit more say around 12.5K ( Athlon II X4 620+MSI 790GX-G65-790GX+SB750 ) but worth every extra penny you will pay for it :p

Top Bottom