EXIT: DATA Junkyard
GUYS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATHLON II X4 REVIEWED!!!!

*en.inpai.com.cn/doc/enshowcont.asp?id=6957&pageid=5641

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@saqib
I read some reviews and found that 4850 is better than 4770 despite the GDDR 5 memory.

@ techalomaniac and topgear
I noticed that warranty for WD HDD is for 3 years only. Whereas Seagate HDDs have 5 year warranty.

Considering the USB interface, I am inclined to get an internal one as the transfer speed will be a factor too. Am I right ?

What do you guys say about 2 platter version of Seagate 1TB HDD. I think it is the best bet.

@topgear and desiibond
I will prefer a card which will last long considering the pace at which graphics card becomes obsolete after one year.

Can I use GTS 250 card for physics rendering later when I get another much better card later.

How much performance difference is between 512MB and 1GB version. Price diff is only 1k.

Which is the AMD/ATI counterpart for this card.

Where can I get it for 7k ?

Krow

Crowman
@saqib
I read some reviews and found that 4850 is better than 4770 despite the GDDR 5 memory.
That it is, but 4850 runs much hotter and 4770, since it uses a 40nm die, runs much cooler. The best bet for you is the GTS 250 @ 7.3k.
I noticed that warranty for WD HDD is for 3 years only. Whereas Seagate HDDs have 5 year warranty.
Considering the USB interface, I am inclined to get an internal one as the transfer speed will be a factor too. Am I right ?
What do you guys say about 2 platter version of Seagate 1TB HDD. I think it is the best bet.
We are saying get the external one as u dont need to run them at all when u don't want to access the data. U may get the internal one either as it is cheaper and also very good in its own ways(read transfer speeds and access times). Stay away from Seagate now. Get WD/SAMSUNG as they have far fewer failure issues.
@topgear and desiibond
I will prefer a card which will last long considering the pace at which graphics card becomes obsolete after one year.
Can I use GTS 250 card for physics rendering later when I get another much better card later.
Well, if you get a much better card later, how will you use the GTS 250??? You will have to sell/do away with it. No card will last u for very long. This one, I expect will last you for max 2 years.

How much performance difference is between 512MB and 1GB version. Price diff is only 1k.
GTS 250 1GB is the best buy if you have a large monitor, say 22"+ and wanna game at max res. Else, go for the 512MB, it is excellent.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ kanjar - I think Techalomaniac cleared most of queries :p

If you want to go with internal one that go for it though you will not be able to carry it around with you and internal HDD has it's own advantages. But if you need speed then get internal one :p

GTS 250 is good choice. If you want more future proofing thing then get GTX260 Rs. 10.5K or GTX 275 Rs. 13.5K :p

If you want to use GTS250 as a physics processing GPU then you need to to have a sli mobo for that along with a powerful GPU like say GTX295 to match the performance of extreme cadre :p

tkin

Back to school!!
@saqib

@topgear and desiibond

WD HDDs also give 5yrs warranty, i got a WD 500GB Green on 2008 and the warranty status in their site shows warranty upto 2013.

pccrazy

Broken In
Here's 2 excellent monitors that fall in your budget, they lacks a HDMI in compared to the Dell ST2210, but make up in the following segments.

Model- Samsung Lavender series P2250(21.5" @ 11k)/ P2350(23" @ 12.5k)

Pros;
1. 2ms response vs ST2210's 5ms response(gaming, also movies benefit from low response time)
2. 300cd/m2 brightness vs ST2210's 250cd/m2 brightness, this matters most, lack of brightness makes watching movies or playing games a pain. I have experienced this before.
3.P2350 has 23" viewable area compared to ST2210's 21.5"
4.If looks matter to you these monitors win hands down.
5.All 3 monitors have Dynamic Contrast 50000:1, excellent.

Cons;
1.Lack of HDMI on the Samsung P2250/P2350 vs ST2210(with HDMI) but its not very important, I've seen a lot of my friends use DVI with HD monitors and they work flawlessly.

Link-
1.Samsung P2250: 11k
*www.samsung.com/au/consumer/detail...tor&subtype=lcdmonitor&model_cd=LS22LRZKUV/XY
2.Samsung P2350: 12.5k
*www.samsung.com/au/consumer/detail...tor&subtype=lcdmonitor&model_cd=LS23LRZKUV/XY
3.Dell ST2210: Not sure about price.
*accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&redirect=1&s=dhs&sku=320-0921

Thanks for info.Is there any lcd with HDMI?

Krow

Crowman
HEAR HEAR!

AMD Athlong X2 7750 = 3218
AMD Athon II X2 240 = 3244
AMD Athlon II X2 245 = 3582
AMD Athlon II X2 250 = 4154
AMD Athlon II X4 620 = 5516

AMD Phenom II X2 545 = 4856
AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE = 5400
AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE = 7560

SOURCE!

mac555

Broken In
what is the price of dual layer dvd(mosebaer,sony etc.).....i heard they r expensive but still anyone......

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
what is the price of dual layer dvd(mosebaer,sony etc.) as thinking of backing up my stuff...i heard they r expensive but still anyone......
70/-, here in kolkata, comes in jewel case, 50 packs cost about 50/- each, hard to find though.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Heating is not a problem since I have my mobo kept in open. HD4850 seems to be the best VFM for me. I thought about GTS250 but apart from physx and CUDA it is comparable to HD4850. Correct me if I am wrong. Though I will certainly consider HD4770 too and will get the one which will be cheaper.

As for HDD I have settled for internal one as USB interface is kind of problem for me. I already had bad experience with Seagate. Lost some 250GB data before and replaced few HDDs too. But 2 platter version looks tempting because of more speed and less wear n tear, also 5 years warranty. As per tkin warranty period is 5 years but I couldn't confirm it.

Krow

Crowman
i purchased samsung 1tb[internal] for 4550, 2 weeks ago in lko, did the shopper cheated me or price falled so much in 2 week?

Prices differ from place to place. The dealer might not have cheated you, but the guy who got it for 4.1k, must have gotten a sweet deal somewhere. The going rate for 1TB now is anywhere between 4.1-4.5k, so cool. Plus, if you stay in some remote town, then prices are bound to be higher. If you stay in a big city, well, next time just ask as many dealers as you can and if possible, pop in this thread and u'll knw what prices to expect.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Heating is not a problem since I have my mobo kept in open. HD4850 seems to be the best VFM for me. I thought about GTS250 but apart from physx and CUDA it is comparable to HD4850. Correct me if I am wrong. Though I will certainly consider HD4770 too and will get the one which will be cheaper.
Yes, the GTS 250 is neck in neck with HD4850 apart from PhysX and CUDA. If you plan to do a lot of video editing/encoding, then get GTS 250, else get the HD 4850. Are you in a hurry to get the GPU? If not, I strongly advise you wait. HD5xxx will be here pretty soon(max one month). Then the prices will crash for all HD4xxx cards. Better wait and get at a much cheaper rate than rush into it now and regret later.

As for HDD I have settled for internal one as USB interface is kind of problem for me. I already had bad experience with Seagate. Lost some 250GB data before and replaced few HDDs too. But 2 platter version looks tempting because of more speed and less wear n tear, also 5 years warranty. As per tkin warranty period is 5 years but I couldn't confirm it.
WD caviar green is also two platter and is also power saving (GREEN edition :razz:). All I'm saying is better get 2x500GB and backup all your data just in case. Nowadays HDD's fail a lot and you never know which one conks off. The brand you buy really won't make such a huge difference in performance that you must buy it. All performances are almost the same, give or take a couple of seconds.

Last edited:
Top Bottom