Hardware price list/spec sheet

tkin

Back to school!!
MSI is becoming the god of gpus, replacing the once Eleet EVGA(who still do not have a custom cooler to show off), msi also released 6950 TFIII, talk about designs.

tkin

Back to school!!
Corsair 4GB Vengeance module for Sandy Bridge(1.5v, 1600MHz, XMP) @ 2600+vat
G Skill 2x2GB Ripjaws kit for Sandy Bridge(1.5v, 1333MHz, XMP) @ 2500+vat
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...dware-price-check-kolkata-53.html#post1398159

Price in kolkata.

tkin

Back to school!!
@tkin
which 1 is better GSkill or corsair??
If clock frequencies and latencies are matched, both rams perform almost same, but gskill ripjaws has heatsinks of smaller height, vengeance heatsinks are very tall, so gskill is better for people who wish to add coolers later, but corsair rams are very reliable, they have the least compatibility issues ever.

PS: Between the two choices I posted above, corsair is clearly faster(1600MHz vs 1333 for gskill) and better.

Cilus

laborare est orare
If clock frequencies and latencies are matched, both rams perform almost same, but gskill ripjaws has heatsinks of smaller height, vengeance heatsinks are very tall, so gskill is better for people who wish to add coolers later, but corsair rams are very reliable, they have the least compatibility issues ever.

PS: Between the two choices I posted above, corsair is clearly faster(1600MHz vs 1333 for gskill) and better.

Another thing is Corsair Vengeance Rams are actually designed for advanced users who like to play with the voltage, frequency and latency. They are highly tolerable to these kind of changes and test has shown they can be oced to 2000 MHz easily with 8T cache latency.

tkin

Back to school!!
Another thing is Corsair Vengeance Rams are actually designed for advanced users who like to play with the voltage, frequency and latency. They are highly tolerable to these kind of changes and test has shown they can be oced to 2000 MHz easily with 8T cache latency.
The vengeance kit do not reach 2ghz at all, neither does ripjaws, you must be talking about dominator, sandy bridge is very finicky with ram voltage and frequencies, so 1600mhz is what most performance rams aim for, only kingston hyperx rams reach 2.2 ghz, but they are costly and rare.

Cilus

laborare est orare
The vengeance kit do not reach 2ghz at all, neither does ripjaws, you must be talking about dominator, sandy bridge is very finicky with ram voltage and frequencies, so 1600mhz is what most performance rams aim for, only kingston hyperx rams reach 2.2 ghz, but they are costly and rare.

Tkin, I know what I'm talking about. Check the hardwareheven review of Vengeance overclocking. When 12 GB ram installed with a voltage tweak of 1.65 V and XMP 8-10-9-24-1T, Vengeance got past 2000 MHz barrier and perfectly stable @ 2030 MHz.

Tathaga, what is your budget? if you can spend 17K then get the Acer Aspire 1 522. It is based on AMD Brazos platform with Zacate APU. It features dual core 1.6 GHz CPU with 6310 Dx11 Graphics, 10.1" display, 2 GB DDR3 ram and 320 GB HDD.

tkin

Back to school!!
Tkin, I know what I'm talking about. Check the hardwareheven review of Vengeance overclocking. When 12 GB ram installed with a voltage tweak of 1.65 V and XMP 8-10-9-24-1T, Vengeance got past 2000 MHz barrier and perfectly stable @ 2030 MHz.

Tathaga, what is your budget? if you can spend 17K then get the Acer Aspire 1 522. It is based on AMD Brazos platform with Zacate APU. It features dual core 1.6 GHz CPU with 6310 Dx11 Graphics, 10.1" display, 2 GB DDR3 ram and 320 GB HDD.
That test is made with X58, sandy bridge is finicky with ram voltage, look at this review of vengeance in sandy bridge system:
Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Memory Kit Review - Overclocking - Legit Reviews

Cilus

laborare est orare
That test is made with X58, sandy bridge is finicky with ram voltage, look at this review of vengeance in sandy bridge system:
Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Memory Kit Review - Overclocking - Legit Reviews

Hey, thanks for pointing out. However, I've checked the OverclockersClub review of the Memory module round up and find out the overclocking limit is 1962 MHz...not very less than 2000 MHz magic figure. The only two memory modules which crossed the 2000 Mhz barrier is Kingston Grey and Gskill RipjawX which are costlier than Vengeance.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Corsair Vengeance is a great budget performance RAM series.Woulda gotten them if 2Ghz was available at that time.

Their Lineup is like this:

Dom GT>Dom>Vengeance>XMS>ValueRAM

tkin

Back to school!!
Corsair Vengeance is a great budget performance RAM series.Woulda gotten them if 2Ghz was available at that time.

Their Lineup is like this:

Dom GT>Dom>Vengeance>XMS>ValueRAM
Yes, that's theorder, but the issue is with voltage, sandy is very finicky about ram voltage, lets see what bulldozer brings to the table, if bulldozer becomes faster that sandy then I'll get the dom kits(through icc world).

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
not really, no.the rule of thumb is that the difference between QPI / DMI and RAM voltage should not be over 0.5v.

1.5v is standard RAM voltage but 1.65 is fine.highest at stock DMI voltage is 1.7v ;)

Top Bottom