Hardisk Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohitjosh

Right off the assembly line
Hi, Everyone...
I want to know whether a hard disk of any larger capacity can be connected to any mother board..? Or are there any specific rules for the same...
If there are plz let me know....
I have a Intel motherboard.. quite old... D845GEBV2..
To it i already have a 80 gb Seagate Hdd. I wish to upgrade to 250 GB .. is that possible....? and can both the hard disks work in conjuction ..???
Help me out.. plz... :)

gannu_rox

In the zone
No problem......

U can...

But are those sata HDDs??

Sata shudn be a problem at al...

Else there's this ,aster-slave thing fer d older ones.... PATA ones...

Wateve; no prob, u can....

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
845 supports PATA Hardrives. Today, SATA harddrives are common. Be sure, you ask for PATA Hardrive and there are no problem with amount of space :)

OP
R

rohitjosh

Right off the assembly line
sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
845 supports PATA Hardrives. Today, SATA harddrives are common. Be sure, you ask for PATA Hardrive and there are no problem with amount of space :)

thnak u yaar.... :)

navino87

In the zone
Hi guys...

I have the same doubt... I have a 80 gb Hitachi sata2 Hdd. I wish to add an additional 250 GB .. Using asus a8n-e mobo...

I hav planed to get segate 250gb sata 2 hdd...

I hav few queries:

1.Does segate come with sata2 hdd??? If so wat is the cost???
2.Does my mobo support pata??? If so wat is the cost???
3.wat is the diff between pata n sata2???

Its urgent... So Please help me out...

Thanks in advance....

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
rohitjosh said:
Hi, Everyone...
I want to know whether a hard disk of any larger capacity can be connected to any mother board..? Or are there any specific rules for the same...
If there are plz let me know....
I have a Intel motherboard.. quite old... D845GEBV2..
To it i already have a 80 gb Seagate Hdd. I wish to upgrade to 250 GB .. is that possible....? and can both the hard disks work in conjuction ..???
Help me out.. plz... :)

IDE hard drives use a parallel ATA (PATA) interface. The interface over which the hard drive communicates to the computer will be either ATA/33, ATA/66, ATA/100 or ATA/133

Different mobo support different maximum capacities of hard drives. The maximum hard drive capacity that a computer is able to support is determined by what is supported in the mobo BIOS and what is supported in the operating system.
For example, Windows 98SE supports a maximum hard drive capacity of 137.4GB. If the BIOS of a particular computer supported a smaller hard drive capacity then the BIOS would be the constraining factor.
There are ways to increase the hard drive capacity limitation built into the computer, such as by upgrading the BIOS in the computer, upgrading the operating system, and/or adding new hard drive controllers via the PCI slots.

Check here for max supported HDD size by ur mobo and BIOS
HDD size vs Motherboard Table

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom