harddisk partition

mynk

Broken In
i am using hp dv6 7012tx..i have problm regading parttion of my hard drive..it has only 2 partition primary of 583gb and recovery of 20 gb...as hp havent provided copy of win 7 HP along...plz help me out...i have tried partition using disk management...

frankeric

Journeyman
Try to install windows xp on your computer during installation it will ask you for partition follow the instructions on screen and you will gud to go.

OP
M

mynk

Broken In
Try to install windows xp on your computer during installation it will ask you for partition follow the instructions on screen and you will gud to go.

thanks for the suggestion....:)
i know tht thing,but i mentioned i dont have the copy of win 7 as they havnt given with the sys..:cry:
how will i install 7 again if i needed..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
i know tht thing,but i mentioned i dont have the copy of win 7 as they havnt given with the sys..:cry:

this should help ;-)
Recover Windows 7 Operating System Using HP Recovery - HP technical support (United Kingdom - English)

Tech&ME

Banned
Make Recovery DVD for Re-Installation in the future.

You can do it using windows 7 itself. Follow this:

Step 1: Goto Start --->type backup

Step 2: Click on Backup and Restore to open it.

Step 3: Now Create a Backup DVD. [ you can re-install windows 7 using this DVD later ]

OP
M

mynk

Broken In
Make Recovery DVD for Re-Installation in the future.

You can do it using windows 7 itself. Follow this:

Step 1: Goto Start --->type backup

Step 2: Click on Backup and Restore to open it.

Step 3: Now Create a Backup DVD. [ you can re-install windows 7 using this DVD later ]

i have created backup using the hp create backup thing...tht uis of 20GBs in 5 DVDs...the backups are in .bin format...i want to know how to format my sys using those DVDs...and aftrwrds how to install win 7 again....help me with the procedures....i have tried the same produres which we follow while formatting xp installed sys but it doesnt worked...

OP
M

mynk

Broken In
Easeus Partition Manager is what you need..

Edit: There's a free Home edition..

i downloaded and installed the application ,but what i saw there was nowhere option available for creating partition...is there a seperate procedure to follow in the app???...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
i have created backup using the hp create backup thing...tht uis of 20GBs in 5 DVDs...the backups are in .bin format...i want to know how to format my sys using those DVDs...and aftrwrds how to install win 7 again....help me with the procedures....i have tried the same produres which we follow while formatting xp installed sys but it doesnt worked...

have you tried the link on my previous post ??

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
i downloaded and installed the application ,but what i saw there was nowhere option available for creating partition...is there a seperate procedure to follow in the app???...

You need to make more partitions right?? Just right click on your 583gB partition (suppose C: ) and select resize.. Remember to resize very carefully... If you have 100gb data in that partition then resize it to greater than 100gb... after you have resized, you will get free space.. if you have resized C: to 110gb.. then free space will be 583-110gb = 473gb.. now you can create more partitions out of that 473gb... hope this helps...

doomgiver

Warframe
You need to make more partitions right?? Just right click on your 583gB partition (suppose C: ) and select resize.. Remember to resize very carefully... If you have 100gb data in that partition then resize it to greater than 100gb... after you have resized, you will get free space.. if you have resized C: to 110gb.. then free space will be 583-110gb = 473gb.. now you can create more partitions out of that 473gb... hope this helps...

er, thats the C, system partition.

i'd NEVER recommend doing that within windows.

he is better off doing that from Gparted within linux

frankeric

Journeyman

download copy of the windows and right it for your self.

OP
M

mynk

Broken In
download copy of the windows and right it for your self.

i think that is not the right way to go with...:-?

that is the thing i too looked for but there is no option for "resize"....

and above is link ,frm where i downloaded the app...

have you tried the link on my previous post ??

yes ,i went through the process they have given...and i think this will work..:-D

thanks...

Top Bottom