Hard Disk partions-not visible

Status
Not open for further replies.

princedcab

Right off the assembly line
Dear Sir,
I`m a new member to the forum.. but a regular purchaser of DIGIT for the past nine years and I enjoy continuing to be a DIGIT freak...
Last year i.e. nine months ago I purchased a Pentium IV 4, 2.66 Mhz(MSI 915G combo mother board) with 512Mb DDR I, a zeebronics nVidia graphics card 6200.. I did a telefilm editing with 2 HD`s of 80gb.. and I added a 160gb HD (7200 rpm all HD`s) and gave away the 80`s to the producer of the film only not to disturb the files...
Now I have partioned the Seagate 160Gb C:30gb(NTFS) and the other two as 30Fat and 100 Fat.
I installed win XP(NTFS) on the root partion. Now dismantled the PC (Hard disk, CD writer)and took it to HYD. After a month I installed them again. Now I faced a problem.. when I switched the PC the boot screen showed that NTLDR is missing, so again I installed Win XP on "C" after a few trials with obstacles.. I was successful now.. After booting into XP I was shocked to notice that the partions were not visible and the total HD volume was only 30Gb (of "C" drive) .
Iwant to know what happened to the data that I stored in the partions.. Is there a solution to safely get back the data on the other partions? Its the only worth that I can show-off to gain an entry into film editing field..
Please do help me out with suggestions and procedures...I strongly believe DIGIT has a solution for it readers...

Thanking you.

Princedcab@yahoo.co.in
+91 9885346952

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Right Click on "My Computer" --> Manage --> Disk Management.

There would be 130gb space written in a box. Right click on that box and create drive.

OP
P

princedcab

Right off the assembly line
Chirag thanks, send me your email address....

princevanja@yahoo.co.in

no able to toubleshoot by right clicking on "My Computer" --> Manage --> Disk Management...
anybody try to solve this problem... pleaseeee.....

nine months ago I purchased a Pentium IV 4, 2.66 Mhz(MSI 915G combo mother board) with 512Mb DDR I, a zeebronics nVidia graphics card 6200.. I did a telefilm editing with 2 HD`s of 80gb.. and I added a 160gb HD (7200 rpm all HD`s) and gave away the 80`s to the producer of the film only not to disturb the files...
Now I have partioned the Seagate 160Gb C:30gb(NTFS) and the other two as 30Fat and 100 Fat.
I installed win XP(NTFS) on the root partion. Now dismantled the PC (Hard disk, CD writer)and took it to HYD. After a month I installed them again. Now I faced a problem.. when I switched the PC the boot screen showed that NTLDR is missing, so again I installed Win XP on "C" after a few trials with obstacles.. I was successful now.. After booting into XP I was shocked to notice that the partions were not visible and the total HD volume was only 30Gb (of "C" drive) .
Iwant to know what happened to the data that I stored in the partions.. Is there a solution to safely get back the data on the other partions? Its the only worth that I can show-off to gain an entry into film editing field..
Please do help me out with suggestions and procedures...I strongly believe DIGIT has a solution for it readers...

Thanking you.

Princedcab@yahoo.co.in
+91 9885346952

Last edited:

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
dude after creating a new partition u have most prob killed any chance of recovering the data. u should have used recovery software..

there is no point(actually it is negative) in suggesting to create a new partition when u want to recover data.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
^^
Give it a thought, How will be able to recover the data frm the partitions which r not visible???????? Answer my question. This had happened to me when I had 40 GB HDD and only 15 GB was visible in one partition and I did as I had suggested in my above post and it worked and all data was gone. His partions only r not visible. How would he recover data frm those invisible partions and recovery software won't even show those drives. So how r u saying that recovery software will help????????

Last edited:

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Even after a full format it is possible to recover data!! There are data recovery
softwares available that can do the job. Try using OnTrack's Easy Recovery Pro.

laptops4u

Broken In
hi ,
If u cant see any partiotion in my computer that mens that partition is curropt,Use any recovery software to recover that partition e.g. Easyrecovery that should solve your problem ..

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
dudes... he has already followd the instruction 'proposed' by mr. chirag. what is the point now. after creating a new partition it is nearly hopeless to recover the old partition table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom