Hard disk not detected by system

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Your HDD is probably dead!

You can
1. Try TestDisk - but be very very careful with it - do LOTS of internet research before you execute anything with TestDisk.
OR
2. Contact a professional recovery service - but be prepared to shell out a lot of cash, especially if its something like damaged spindle/disk surface etc.

Was the data on the HDD backed up?

amjath

Human Spambot
Op did u try what top gear asked u to do. Just give it a shake bro, but don't drop it. Do u hear any noise from HDD.

Turn on ur PC and feel whether the HDD is spinning or not

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Op checked the HDD on another pc .. I think that should at-least eliminate the possibility of bad cables.

OP
makwanamilan96

makwanamilan96

Broken In
Your HDD is probably dead!

You can
1. Try TestDisk - but be very very careful with it - do LOTS of internet research before you execute anything with TestDisk.
OR
2. Contact a professional recovery service - but be prepared to shell out a lot of cash, especially if its something like damaged spindle/disk surface etc.

Was the data on the HDD backed up?

1.i will Try TestDisk if i come to know what it is and i can do or not .
2. Mario bro ,in hard disk data is not so much important ,but i would like if i get my 4 year collection of movies,os,tools and songs back..
but today my goal is to get it working ,data is not required

Op did u try what top gear asked u to do. Just give it a shake bro, but don't drop it. Do u hear any noise from HDD.

Turn on ur PC and feel whether the HDD is spinning or not

when i shake it i got noise..yes slow noise. but yes i am getting it

Sometimes, the damaged power/data cords are the culprits.
Check that too!

Did it.

Op checked the HDD on another pc .. I think that should at-least eliminate the possibility of bad cables.
did it already...my friend also tried master slave on another system .but same.

Top Bottom