Hard Disc Price Droped?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I just went through a price list (Computer Warehouse Online - Buy Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Accessories, Laptops and Electronics) and saw that Hard Disc prices has gone down.

500GB - Rs. 3600
1TB - Rs. 4500
2 TB - Rs. 6200

When did the price start to fall? I had postponed my purchase as the price was too high. any further drops soon?

Any way its a good news..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
still high.before flood 2tb 5400rpm/5900rpm WD/seagate costs ~4100 & currently they are priced ~5700 in nehru place,delhi.i don't think price of 2tb is going to fall below 5000 even in the coming 6 months.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I just went through a price list (Computer Warehouse Online - Buy Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Accessories, Laptops and Electronics) and saw that Hard Disc prices has gone down.

500GB - Rs. 3600
1TB - Rs. 4500
2 TB - Rs. 6200

When did the price start to fall? I had postponed my purchase as the price was too high. any further drops soon?

Any way its a good news..

Actually, rices haven't come down. that 1TB costing 4.5K is WD Green which is crap.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
actually word "disk" is older than "disc" by about 50 years.IBM used disk(as in hard disk drive storage) in 1950's while philips & sony used word "disc" when they developed CD so now disk refer mainly to magnetic storage drives & disc refer to optical media.

Top Bottom