half life 2 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul_007

Padawan
i am having p4 2.8 ghz ,512 mb ram(ddr 266 mhz),ge-force 6800GT(128mb,agp 8x) card using xp OS.i recently purchased half life-2(original) , after installing it when i double click desktop icon it takes about 7 mins to open and after opening also steam doesn't gets updated( i am using sify 48kbps unlimited internet connection).but when i disable my lan connection and instead use my telephone line to update , steam immediately open and starts updating. i don't want to use my telephone line to update since it will be a costly affair(i've heard it takes more than 1 hour to unlock half life files) and also it doesn't make sense to use telephone when i having sify.i want to use my sify connection. pleeeeeese help!!!!!!!!!

THNX
THNX

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
I am not much knolwegable about ports and stuff but I will hazard a guess here. Maybe the port that Steam uses to download the game data and stuff is blocked by Sify. If I remember correctly, my friend from B'lore with a Sify connection has trouble connecting to Steam servers to play HL2 online.

Its only a guess though. If I am wrong, some one please correct me.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
ok i had a 64k sify connection and had some trouble unlocking the files...it took time but it was done eventually....c the steam servers r very busy at times and so steam isnt updated....
but yea, call up sify and tell them abt this problem...it might b as ctrl_alt_del said that they have blocked a port...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom