H100's Fan, Intake or Exhaust ???

aadishvaar

Broken In
I am planning for corsair 400r cabinet (not yet purchased & may change) (budget 5-6K max) and will have the Corsair H100 mounted on the top. I keep reading people saying they have it as intake some people as exhaust. What would be the most efficient configuration on this cabinet?
will keep i5-2500K + Asus Z68 3rd Gen + 2X4Gb Vengeance + HX650 + GPU (still to buy - But will be basic / entry level - Plz suggest that also Budget Not exceeding 8K)

H100 Comes with 2 fans (4 fans for Push/Pull configuration cant fit in this stupid cabee - how Corsair designs the product !!!)

Other fans in cabee...
2 fan in front blowing in
1 exhaust in back
I think this setting comes with the 400r.

will i have to buy another fans for side panels / bottom - suggest size also??

i m trying to figure out which way to point H100's fan, intake or exhaust ???

Some more stupid question
1) what is positive -ve air pressure in cabee ??
2) What is Static Pressure in fan ?? (if i have to buy another 2 fans for H100)
3) how Should i setup the correct airflow ??
4) The Price diff. & working is justifiable in 120 mm & 140 mm Fans ?? (similar make & rpm)
5) How much temps are ideal when oc @ 4Ghz (not much aggressive OC)

All inputs are welcome.

Thnx a lot in advance.

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
I am having a similar setup. i would suggest to got for a hsf desing. Preferably noctua or thermal take silver right arrow.

Both works better than H100. But if you are consious on the space in the cab for installing all 4 slot full of ram and need more room then go for this. but this setup will be costly.

If you need water cooling get a branded custom cooling kit after a year or so and then install the kit for cpu , gpu & if possible ram as well.

its not wise to invest such a costly cooling kit just for cpu.

You can add that 2k to get perfect filter from Demiflex its good build and does what is desgined for. I had it lately. better you order along with your system to avoid any dust.

OP
A

aadishvaar

Broken In
@Nipun Thnx for the Links, They are the exact answer for my technical knowledge of airflow & will surely help me (it covers some point i even think of !!!) will have to read 2-3 times to fully understand. Graphics are best.

@macho84 Thnx for your reply, problem is i have already purchased H100 from our forum member as it was at reasonable price & not much used (around 3 months or so). now pending is Cabee which i the most important & last thing which i ahve to buy. i kept it pending as i have to decide what i will buy for cpu cooling (air/water). so now it is atlist final that i have H100, & have to find a better cabee which will be used for at-list 5-7 years & couple of upgrades. primery budget was 2.5-3 Max, but after seeing 400r i have increased budget to 5-6 K Max.

Now i can choose another cabee which can accommodate H100 push-pull (4 fans) or i will have to use the 2 fans only. i dont want to hurry & make a bad decision & regrate afterwards when i cant do anything !!!

First suggest a better cabee, will see for Temps & fan settings afterwards (as per space & fans come with it.)

Top Bottom