Guides for different distros

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
M

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I will add it as I get more time and more useful links. If you have got a few more links please post them them here. I will add them to my post so it can be maintained in one post.
I will try to add ,maybe, Solaris too.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ Adding the complete source list is a bad move IMHO. Its very likely to cause breakage! Instead, you can link to ubuntu source-o-matic here: *www.ubuntulinux.nl/source-o-matic

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
NO! There is a LOT of difference! The complete list has a LOT of crap! Also, source-o-matic tells you about each repo it can add. So you can select the repos YOU need.

praka123

left this forum longback
ubuntu unofficial repos die and reincarnate sometimes.for eg;plf repos;so i suggest u should follow ubuntu forum's edgy repo news for details.
*ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41

OP
M

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I have added a few links for FreeBSD. More on BSD's as I find time. And anyone willing to help out is most welcome.

morpheusv6

Journeyman
techrepublic.com Guide to Linux:
*i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tr/downloads/PDF/SolutionSeries_Linux_set_it_and_forget_it.pdf

Satissh S

Youngling
Some nice Essays by Eric Raymond here *catb.org/esr/writings/
Those are not nice, Seriously. He's such a self promoting lamer. And that thing on smart questions already has been blown out of proportions.

If you want a really good resource on free software news, try this lwn.net. Its good. Current issue requires subscription however but just take a look at the archives. Have you mentioned tldp ? I hope i didn't oversee. You might also want to list /.

Last edited:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
A small request for links to those tiny distros, like DSL and Puppy and so on. Not that anyone cares but I do refer this place to a few people and might help them :)

vish786

"The Gentleman"
a brief info is given in both faq
*www.puppylinux.com/
*www.puppylinux.com/faq.htm

*www.damnsmalllinux.org/
*www.damnsmalllinux.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom