GUIDE FOR FLASHING FIRMWARE (DVD ROM/CD/Burners)

Do you think this topic should be kept Sticky for some time?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sikku

Right off the assembly line
I installed a DVD writer (pioneer 107d) and it is not being recognised by Windows Explorer (ie no icon or handle for the drive in my computer), though curiously I was able to see the drive and contents on the first day of installation. Still able to see by using disk management (control panel>administrative tools>disk management) and on right clicking the explore option is greyed out. I can see the drive with Nero CD speed, BIOS sees it.

I have a cd-rw which is recognised.

The DVD writer is connected to IDE-2 and is the master.
Pl help urgently[/u]

OP
JAK

JAK

What the Heck !
sikku said:
I installed a DVD writer (pioneer 107d) and it is not being recognised by Windows Explorer (ie no icon or handle for the drive in my computer), though curiously I was able to see the drive and contents on the first day of installation. Still able to see by using disk management (control panel>administrative tools>disk management) and on right clicking the explore option is greyed out. I can see the drive with Nero CD speed, BIOS sees it.

I have a cd-rw which is recognised.

The DVD writer is connected to IDE-2 and is the master.
Pl help urgently[/u]

Hmm...

Get to device manger and uninstall secondary IDE channel and reboot.

upon reboot windows will automatically detect the drive along with the IDE channel.... :wink:

funkymonkey

Journeyman
well i can contribute a link here.

*forum.rpc1.org/portal.php

you will get almost all firmwares for your drives here. Most of them are modified which let you burn disks at higher speed and stuff like that.
And also these are windows executables. Just download and run to flash.

bhush_18

Broken In
Is there any way to flash firmware of DVD player I am having CyberHome 300s dvd player for which I want to flash & place new firmware if available b'cos it does not plays some DVD format, whereas the latest DVD player with no change in model have new version of firmware. Can anybody help me out on this?

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey DUDE this things is cool yar.I shure di want to do this but I have 3 problems =>

1. How can I backup my old Firmware???

2. I have downloaded 2 files KSY_1.zip and KSY_2.zip form the same same site. Both the Zip files contain different files 1 has KSY1.bin and the other has KSY2.bin in it. What to use to upgrade???

3. The site says that it will make my SONY COMBO some LITEON COMBO. what should I do???

I have a SONY CRX 300E Combo driveand I download the firmware upgrade from => *forum.rpc1.org/portal.php

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey DUDE this things is cool yar.I shure di want to do this but I have 3 problems =>

1. How can I backup my old Firmware???

2. I have downloaded 2 files KSY_1.zip and KSY_2.zip form the same same site. Both the Zip files contain different files 1 has KSY1.bin and the other has KSY2.bin in it. What to use to upgrade???

3. The site says that it will make my SONY COMBO some LITEON COMBO. what should I do???

I have a SONY CRX 300E Combo driveand I download the firmware upgrade from => *forum.rpc1.org/portal.php

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
amanwannalearn said:
Flashing :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Filmware :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock :shock:

Wish sum1 would give a bAckground to the topic befor starting! :cry:
What do you mean ???
Dont you know what flashing means !!!
Theirs nothing to be shocked of about :evil: !!!

rohanbee

Padawan
I'd rather not change the settings of the regions and live with not having to flash my drive for fear of something going wrong. But excellent tutorial for someone who has no option, Thanks

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey guyz plz help me update the firmware for my SONY DRU-720A DVD-RW drive ... i downloaded the firmware from

*sony.storagesupport.com/dvdrw/downloads

i checked the instructions for the update and i need help in the following,

:arrow: the instructions say "Before executing firmware update, uninstall any packet writing software, such as [DLA], [DirectCD], [B's CLiP] etc, from the PC." ..... i am having nero, alcohol 120%, daemon tools, avi2dvd installed . are these packet writing softwares ? plz provide more info on packet writing softwares and their examples.

:arrow: the instructions ask me to disable [DMA setting] in Windows before executing firmware update ...... how i do this ?

:arrow: finally if something goes wrong in this whole process will i be able to recover my drive or not ?

plz provide the requested info. thanx guyz. any other suggestions/tips are welcome.

and hey one more question , what is the official sony website for indian users from where we can download firmware updates and also register our products ?

D

dinesh_singh

will this firmware upgrade suupoortmy sony dvd combo drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom