Guidance required..Do read it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itz_Me!!!

Broken In
Hi

I want to earn money either by working on net from home or by doing some other less time consuming work or part time work..
Kindly suggest me something..Im willing to work but dont know which way to go.

Thanx a lot..

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
We recently discussed some similar threads in this forum. Just do a search, u will find some of them.

din

Tribal Boy
@Itz_Me!!!

Please post more details about your capabilities and area of expertise (like article writing / design / programming etc) so that we can suggest more.

OP
I

Itz_Me!!!

Broken In
This is a list of variety of things I have done in the past:
1. Designed 2 websites using HTML
2. Poster designing in Photoshop
3. Organized the Annual Cultural fest of my college twice (was the Convenor of the fest in final year)
4. Have decent knowledge of Networking.

I know its a pretty weird list.. :)
Actually except for coding im comfortable with all sorts of work and am also a quick learner so the nature of the work wont be a big issue..
Its just that the work shoudnt be too time consuming and there should be a decent amount to earn..

din

Tribal Boy
@Itz_Me!!!

I recommend you to try some freelancing in the area of design / web design.

There are a lot of websites which connects the designers and people who need designs. You need not spend a lot of time on this, you can work as a part time freelancer.

But, remember, it may take sometime before you start earning something thats really good. At starting you may not get high amount of $$$. But thats how all starts, so do not worry.

OP
I

Itz_Me!!!

Broken In
I know that the web is full of opportunities thats why im looking for guidance.
Dont know exactly how to go about it..

din

Tribal Boy
@Itz_Me!!!

Ok, you meant the step by step procedure ?

Here it goes.

1. Make a neat and clean website which can be shown as a portfolio of your work. Like samples, your technical capabilities etc.

2. Post your details in sites like RAC, Scriptlance etc.

3. Go through the above sites, read the latest projects, know more about the trend, present rates, how other providers post etc.

4. After you get a grip, start bidding on projects of your area.

5. Always provide realistic time frames and realistic bids. Remember that you are competing in the international level.

6. Never tell any excuses (like power is down here, so need more time to finish work etc) to people abroad. Always complete work before the deadlines they give.

7. Use a payment service which is widely accepted and convenient for you as well as the client - Paypal is highly recommended.

8. Once you start getting regular work, try getting clients outside these type of bidding websites. Like posting details in forums, sending emails to clients directly. Include your previous work, experience details etc.

9. Never start with high amount bids or think on quick money. Start slow, earn small amounts first, future will be bright.

10. Always be in touch with all clients, use various IMs, VOIP softwares etc.

11. Give after sales support. Even if they do not contact you after finishing work, send some emails sometimes, just in a friendly manner. You never know whether they will come back to you with more projects.

Finally - Never do anything unethical in online business. After all it is all about mutual trust.

Good luck, please feel free to ask if you have any specific questions.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
din: nice reply. it was useful to me too. By the way, isn't there any india specific portals like Rent A Coder?

din

Tribal Boy
@ilugd

There are a lot. And there are some managed by Indians too ! But from my six year experience in the field of internet programming and online business, I recommend sites like RAC etc.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
thanks. din. you do have a point, but people need to somehow encourage these indian websites too by participating so that the people on those increase as well.

Can you suggest some reliable and reputed sites?

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
@Itz me, how old are you? If you are 18 and above, you can try this big list: *www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=freelance.com&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 I had one specific site for freelancers. I'm not finding in my mail as of now. In case I find, I'll let you know :)

OP
I

Itz_Me!!!

Broken In
@din
Thanks a lot for the detailed step by step instructions..

@phreak0ut
Thanks for the adult (18 and above) link.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom