gtx 560ti compatible power supply

xynidexxx

MANCUNIAN all the way
Hello guys, i have bought the ASUS GTX 560Ti dcII TOP edition card from the USA and its en-route(please don't ask why i bought it from the us).I have a fairly old system comprising of intel C2D e7200, a 945 mobo, 4 gigs of ddr2:lol:ram modules and antec cabinet having 400w of inefficient power(for 560ti) which may have even decreased furthermore as per me(been 2 years and my system upgrade is yet to be done).So here goes my question,

Which psu should i go for considering 560ti needs a bare minimum of 500w?
Will there be a need to change my existing cabinet to fit in the new psu?
What are the best compatible power supplies(80 plus certified) for my 560ti?

I know many of you will suggest upgrading but can i fit this 560ti with these graying guys??:lol::lol:....thankyou, awaiting serious replies:smile:

These are few very good psu which will be able to handle 560ti
SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W
FSP Blue Storm Pro 500W
SilverStone Strider Plus 500 W
CORSAIR GS600 Gaming Series 600W
I m not sure about price but it will around 3.5k to 4.5k
I think thrs no need to change the cabinet to fit in new psu.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Get the Corsair GS600. It is available @ 4K in most of the Online shops and best VFM PSU for GTX 560 Ti or comparable Gfx cards like HD 6950. In fact in can power up GTX 570 or HD 6970 without any issues. It is also 80+ certified.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Which psu should i go for considering 560ti needs a bare minimum of 500w?
What are the best compatible power supplies(80 plus certified) for my 560ti?

I know many of you will suggest upgrading but can i fit this 560ti with these graying guys??:lol::lol:....thankyou, awaiting serious replies:smile:
What's your budget BTW?
Within 4K-Corsair GS600 is good, but if your budget is more than 5K, then consider Corsair TX650V2, it will good for your future upgrade(CpU,Mobo and Ram)
No.

Last edited:
OP
xynidexxx

xynidexxx

MANCUNIAN all the way
Ok, i have narrowed down to gs600 and cm gx 550...also i will be soon upgrading these grayed guys to an i5 system..will be needing more help soon.Also, i couldn't find gs600 for 4k:!: anywhere but thankyou all for great suggestions.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
GS600 is far more better than GX550. Your choice should be GS600 without any second thought.

Piyush

Lanaya
GS600 is far more better than GX550. Your choice should be GS600 without any second thought.

Well the new GX series is better than before
all models are 80+ bronze rated power supplies

but yeah ,if given choice between GS 600 and GX 550, I'd too go for GS 600W eyes closed

Ok, i have narrowed down to gs600 and cm gx 550...also i will be soon upgrading these grayed guys to an i5 system..will be needing more help soon.Also, i couldn't find gs600 for 4k:!: anywhere but thankyou all for great suggestions.

If your budget is less than 4.5k, then GS 600W is a good choice even if you want to upgrade your system with 560Ti

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
If your budget is less than 4.5k, then GS 600W is a good choice even if you want to upgrade your system with 560Ti

I heard somewhere in this forum that a few people are running 560ti with HS600 quite comfortably. As 560ti is a power hungry card, thus GS600 would be more that sufficient to power-up 550ti. :thumbs:

OP
xynidexxx

xynidexxx

MANCUNIAN all the way
TDP is very fair with 176w:smile: for this asus dcII TOP EDITION considering its a pretty powerful card and it runs easily on a 500w 80+ certified psu, maybe it is tad bit lower for the reference 560ti.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
DcII top card is one of the best non reference 560-ti out there with an overclocked core of 900mhz. The cooler is good enough to reach the 1ghz barrier but is not required. A 950mhz max overclock is more than enough and gives gtx 570 like performance.

GS600 is a good choice and stick to it. If you can raise the budget or planning to go multi gpu in future, then look for corsair's tx or hx series. 650w should be bare min for a multigpu setup.

OP
xynidexxx

xynidexxx

MANCUNIAN all the way
Thnx vicky, suggestion is appreciated..naah, i will be gaming for this year as i am moving out next year so tx650 and sli setup is far from possible but yes, i finalised over gs600 considering all the above reviews and posts, thankyou all again folks:goodjob:

Top Bottom