gta4 graphics gone insane.....sh*t happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajooba215

Journeyman
now as u all might know...gta4 the recent release, has got some bugs to be fixed...but mine prob seems to be slight bigger....ma cousin runs it on amd hd4850 and he seems to have prob with the shadows falling on the buildings only....but in ma case...i can`t even see any shadow....ma car runs on what i should call an invisible road...it hits invisible walls and every f*cking thing is invisible except ma car...does any one know any patches or way to fix it....i have a msi9600gt and here is screen shot of "GTA4"....:confused::confused::mad::mad:
*i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb50/aj215_2007/untitled-1.jpg

D

Deleted member 26636

use this mega gta thread to post your queries-- *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53712&page=50 :)

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
No bugs found like this in GTA 4 ,, Only the optimisation error only

main thing GTA 4 runs @ medium settings on the 280GTX

but ATI cards can handle the graphics of GTA-4 ?? But how only i dont know ??? Palit HD 4850 is still now giving the graphics pressure for GTA-4 & runs gr8 in my rig

I remember that Vice City had a similar bug which would be activated when you did certain actions.

But still, since rockstar is releasing patches soon, I don't think there is much to complain about. The game is still very VFM and addictive.

D

Deleted member 26636

Far from it. Graphically, it's the best GTA till date. ;)

I agree...the game runs fine & does not need monster pc's..i have an hd 4850 & i haven't experienced any problems even after playing for 8+ hrs now..the texture somtimes disappear but only for 3-5secs which can be overlooked..the shadows are a bit jaggy but you won't be looking at them all the time, will you? i run the game at 1680 x 1050(60 hz), texture quality high & render quality highest but the game hasn't crashed even once. nor does it freeze or hang or whatsover.

fordac

Be The Best
*www.rockstargames.com/support/IV/PC/patch/index.html Try to download and install this should perhaps help

I have this game on one of my friend's computer and after the patch the game FPS has increased and also less ram is utilised. My friend got a XFX 8800GT 512MB Graphics card. It now runs pretty smooth at 1024x768 Resolution and with medium graphics. The patch seems to be good.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Ethan_Hunt is right. This is the best grafix a GTA game has to offer till date and the gameplay is awesome and much more realistic. If you dont like it, dont bash coz IT IS the best GTA till date. It has some performance bugs which can be sorted out with time :).

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
the graphics are crap and u said the best ever games...lol ;)
I hope that was a joke, seriously. It's a shame that Rockstar hasn't tweaked it properly else it would have been a serious competition for other sandbox games as well. If you look at the previous GTA series they all have a cartoony look to them. This engine uses a great amount of detail on both texture & character modelling. Rendering each component in this game is no joke. Look at the Vehicle reflections which are extremely polished compared to both SA & Vice City. The city itself is so vivid looking that you can't help but just gaze it at. Every nook & corner of the city is different. Not one alley looks similar to the other. That's the amount of detail this game has.

If you have played the game & observed the explosion effects then it has an extremely realistic feel. Even the cut-scenes are rendered on the fly & are not pre-rendered. So If I have dressed up Niko in a suit & run into a cut-scene he will still be wearing it, unlike some games where it changes due to the pre-rendered nature. The amount of draw & detail distance this game has you won't even bother looking back at GTA: SA & VC after that.

The only reason why people feel that it's crap is because it's not properly optimised & runs into graphical glitches. But in reality to render so much detail in a sandbox game isn't a walk in the park. Comparing it graphically to the earlier GTA games is a capital sin. :)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
there is no doubt there s prob in the system...lol :D:D..but there are hell lot of things in it....where does it lay....f*ck...help me figure it out...
Two places basically. The graphic drives not being updated or not having the latest patch applied to the game.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Driver version?

Here's the patch link: *msxb-d1.vo.llnw.net:3074/content/5454083b/5454083B1000008310000183.cab?n=CB5EDA107F2BA302

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom