gta4 graphics gone insane.....sh*t happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
ajooba215

ajooba215

Journeyman
Driver version?

Here's the patch link: *msxb-d1.vo.llnw.net:3074/content/5454083b/5454083B1000008310000183.cab?n=CB5EDA107F2BA302

hey dude thanx a lot....the patch worked....its goin fine....but their seem to be another prob...not that big....but the shadows falling on the building keeps moving...as if someone is turning them on and off regularly...that gives a bad impression while playing the game...now is there a patch for this too??

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Didn't really get that part. It's a bit difficult to gauge without a screenshot. This is the only patch Rockstar has officially released. Have you turned the shadows down to 0? If not then you better do that.

amitash

Intel OCer
I think what he means is that the shadows keep disappearing and reapearing every second...like in a room if someone keeps turning of and on the light rapidly...happened with me in undercover for a race...it was fine from then.

pc_game_lover2004

~Beating Toughest Games~
I hope that was a joke, seriously. It's a shame that Rockstar hasn't tweaked it properly else it would have been a serious competition for other sandbox games as well. If you look at the previous GTA series they all have a cartoony look to them. This engine uses a great amount of detail on both texture & character modelling. Rendering each component in this game is no joke. Look at the Vehicle reflections which are extremely polished compared to both SA & Vice City. The city itself is so vivid looking that you can't help but just gaze it at. Every nook & corner of the city is different. Not one alley looks similar to the other. That's the amount of detail this game has.

If you have played the game & observed the explosion effects then it has an extremely realistic feel. Even the cut-scenes are rendered on the fly & are not pre-rendered. So If I have dressed up Niko in a suit & run into a cut-scene he will still be wearing it, unlike some games where it changes due to the pre-rendered nature. The amount of draw & detail distance this game has you won't even bother looking back at GTA: SA & VC after that.

The only reason why people feel that it's crap is because it's not properly optimised & runs into graphical glitches. But in reality to render so much detail in a sandbox game isn't a walk in the park. Comparing it graphically to the earlier GTA games is a capital sin. :)

hmm...agreed but still it was totally unexpected from a gaming Legend Rockstar I mean they should have properly tweaked it for pc before releasing it...
anyways its available here in bathinda for Rs.500 pirated with 4 DVD's and can't find original anywhere :(

OP
ajooba215

ajooba215

Journeyman
Didn't really get that part. It's a bit difficult to gauge without a screenshot. This is the only patch Rockstar has officially released. Have you turned the shadows down to 0? If not then you better do that.

its exact as amitash described...besides this..the game isn't working grt...the frames keep dropping a lot..especialy driving...can it be b'coz of ma processor and ram.. i have an pentium d.. 1.6 i think... nd a gb of ram..ddr2.. i've tried turning everything off at lower res too..but it didn't really make much diff.. i have a msi n9600gt and i've oced it manualy..

tkin

Back to school!!
Guys, need urgent help, having serious problem with GTA 4, the problem is that the game sometimes runs too fast, I'm not talking about FPS(about 50 in my PC @ 1024x768 ). But the animations, like walking, driving, i.e anything moving in the game is moving at twice speed, look at this video I found;*fr.youtube.com/watch?v=qJbm4abcZms

If you ever used Speed Cheat in GTA SA, that what this looks like, the problem occurs randomly, all I need to do is start the game a couple of times and the problem might go away, when the problem goes away I can play GTA for hours, seems this problem either occurs at start or don't, help appreciated.

tkin

Back to school!!
Have you updated to the latest patch? It's apparently been fixed with the patch.
No I haven't.
So you know about the bug then, is it just my PC or it exists on others PC too? I will try with the patch then, thanks a lot for help then,

BTW, has anyone in the forum experienced something like this?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well it's present in of those long list of bugs this game has blessed us with. So don't feel alone. Just update it with the link I have provided above & let us know if it works out. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom