GTA V coming soon!! Finally :D

Your favorite protagonist in GTA

• Total voters

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
you guys trolling?? @furiousgamer: how can you say GTA3 gfx was better than GTA4?? you drunk?? :crazy:

@anand: you didnt see trailers 1&2?

I didn't say that GTA 3 visuals are better compared to GTA IV. I meant, GTA IV visuals are not breath-taking and it misses something. But the other games, graphics wise, is good at the time of their release. Means GTA 3 was good for that time, and GTA IV is not good for 2008's gfx. Got it?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
it was a tradeoff between quality and quantity..
since it had a huge amount of graphics, it had to decrease on the quality to make it possible to render for that generation GPUs..

cyborg47

Technomancer
I didn't say that GTA 3 visuals are better compared to GTA IV. I meant, GTA IV visuals are not breath-taking and it misses something. But the other games, graphics wise, is good at the time of their release. Means GTA 3 was good for that time, and GTA IV is not good for 2008's gfx. Got it?

Not really, the initial GTA4 screenshots surprised a lot of people, so did the game. It was great for its time. When did you play the game btw?

gameranand

Living to Play
Not really, the initial GTA4 screenshots surprised a lot of people, so did the game. It was great for its time. When did you play the game btw?

Graphics are good but as I said earlier its kinda different. you know like Borderlands type is called cell shaded but I don't know the name for the type of graphics in GTA4 but its different than other games ain't it ??

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

I played it around 2009, once the PC version is released and to say frankly, the game is awesome and mind-blowing, with it's impressive storyline, gameplay, radio, voice acting of characters and the portrayal of those characters. But it lacks a lot when it comes to graphics. It is pretty crappy port in PC and graphics wise, it is way beyond Crysis. Even crysis have some bright, vivid, awesome graphics, which might have boosted the GTA IV to another level of experience. For me, trees in IV looks bad compared to Crysis, which is a much older game compared to IV.

Graphics are good but as I said earlier its kinda different. you know like Borderlands type is called cell shaded but I don't know the name for the type of graphics in GTA4 but its different than other games ain't it ??

Yes, name is RAGE (Rockstar Advanced Game Engine), where the game physics is good, but it lacks that realism.

cyborg47

Technomancer
I played it around 2009, once the PC version is released and to say frankly, the game is awesome and mind-blowing, with it's impressive storyline, gameplay, radio, voice acting of characters and the portrayal of those characters. But it lacks a lot when it comes to graphics. It is pretty crappy port in PC and graphics wise, it is way beyond Crysis. Even crysis have some bright, vivid, awesome graphics, which might have boosted the GTA IV to another level of experience. For me, trees in IV looks bad compared to Crysis, which is a much older game compared to IV.

The comparison to Crysis gave me a cancer :facepalm:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Dude, Crysis was released around 2007 and it packs with excellent graphics of that era. But a game released a year later, GTA IV doesn't match the trend. I am not comparing Crysis with GTA IV. Just explaining what GTA IV lacks.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

Yes, name is RAGE (Rockstar Advanced Game Engine), where the game physics is good, but it lacks that realism.

:|

simply put GTA4 for PC was just another port!! how good do you think the optimisations would be??
crysis was made For PC.

the way things are shaping up in the PC domain, i think i will have to go for the PS3 GTA V once again, after the prices go down.. :(

btw, RAGE is one FTW open world engine...

as for the physics, the cars dented in with proportion to the crash impact.. Niko's body swayed inside the car/bike in proportion to the acceleration/deceleration.. each and every car with different, realistic handling, superb weather cycle, good weapon performance..
i dont see any points to complain.

and radio.. maaaannnn.. Integrity & Lazlow. :D :rofl:

yes, i'd say GTA4 was a piece of art. :)

Gaurav265

A PC GAMER
Now I am crying.I have to play next year when they release to PC or maybe never...take a look at R* site peoples abusing them for this delay.

Top Bottom