GTA V coming soon!! Finally :D

Your favorite protagonist in GTA

• Total voters

cyborg47

Technomancer
^^ Dude, Crysis was released around 2007 and it packs with excellent graphics of that era. But a game released a year later, GTA IV doesn't match the trend. I am not comparing Crysis with GTA IV. Just explaining what GTA IV lacks.

Just because Crysis 1 had OMFG graphics on the PC, doesn't mean that every game on the platform has to have them. Two different studios, two different games, two different styles and direction, the comparison is simply pointless. Minecraft was a PC exclusive when it released back in 2011 and that was after Crysis 2's release, would you complain that Minecraft's visuals were crap? You simply cannot look at them this way.
Back in 2007, Crytek was a kind of company which focused a lot on the graphics' greatness, and Rockstar aimed at something else. Take the animation/physics engine for example, literally miles better than the ragdoll physics in Crysis.
You should have looked at the kind of hype the game's visuals had back then, right from the initial teaser screenshots to the game's final release..everything was jaw dropping, and hey., it was their first GTA game on the current gen consoles, so that's a pretty great.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ I am not telling that R* did a sh1t job.I am just explaining that graphics was not upto the mark. If you see, GTA:SA graphics was excellent, at that time and i even thought GTA IV will have much better graphics, considering the long time they took to develop the game. Even if you see, the whole game looks very dull, trees are so edgy, and graphics is heavily pixellated.

So, GTA:SA gfx is awesome , back in it's time, but GTA IV failed to match the expectation in that area. Rest everything is just great.

cyborg47

Technomancer
I am just explaining that graphics was not upto the mark.

They didn't really have to in the first place ;)

If you see, GTA:SA graphics was excellent

Yes, they were, but what you should realize is that the GTA:SA released in the time when the consoles matured a lot, that's usually when the developers are most experienced with the console development.

the whole game looks very dull

Its the style/tone they chose, GTA3 looked equally dull in that sense ;)

graphics is heavily pixellated.

Have to disagree with this, the graphics were pretty neat, unless you were playing on the consoles. I remember using the replay function to drool over how awesome the explosions looked in the game :D

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
GTA games are not graphic benchmark, they never were.
It has always been about GAMEPLAY!

Till date GTA SA is the most humorous game i've ever played, the dialogs, mostly that of peds are just hilarious.

one more thing, the level of detail these guys put in their games is simply unmatched. small example- if you crash into mail box in gta4, lot of mails start flying. & in GTA SA, the fatter you get, CJ's voice gets heavier :lol:

AND EUPHORIA Physics engine! :p

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Well we never expect GTA series to be graphics benchmark, but considering the graphics that other games of the same era, GTA IV is not matched. I don't want to compare with any other games(otherwise, cyborg47 will have a facepalm :D ). Also, the graphics of the GTA V is awesome, and if what they are showing is trailer is going to be 50% true, still the game graphics is way too good.

So for 2013, GTA V graphics is justified. But for 2008, GTA IV graphics was not justified.

This early? well that's a nice habit you have there, appreciate it :)

Well, since i don't have any work, i am going to bed this early, otherwise it will be around 2~3. :(

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
SD is definitely a good game..

That open world + batman style combat was fun. I loved the game and even the story was just fine for its setup different from good old American.

Top Bottom