GT 220 overclocked from 625 Mhz to 815Mhz.

Skynaveen

★★★-DREADLORD-★★★
My Nvidia Geforce GT220 from XFX is running stable at 815Mhz after overclocking from 625Mhz. The temperature after a lot of gaming is still around 60 degrees.

Does increasing voltage change the performance ?:?

And also I dont think it needs a power connector as it has no port. But the instruction says that it needs one.

Please help me in this regard.:-?

Thanks in advance.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
^ the temps seems fine for a OC card.

Don't play with the voltage unless necessary. Since the GPU has no extra power connector, hence it doesn't require additional power

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
You need to provide the gaming performance stats on stock and overclock.

If the performance is improved the OC is worth.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ op - I don't think gt220 like supports overvolting and uour gfx card draws power through mobos pci-e slot - there's no need for a gt220 to have any other power connector and that's why it's not present on the gfx card.If possible post a gpu-z screenshot.

BTW, the clock speed you have achieved is really nice - use 3dmark vantage, 3dmark 11, dmark06, Crysis, F1 2010, BFBC2, AVP 2010, Metro 2033 like games to check the stability and performance of the oc ;-)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Does increasing voltage change the performance ?:?

no. it only allows stability at higher clock.

but in most of the GPU increasing voltage means flashing a custom BIOS which will void warranty & can easily damage your GPU or make it unresponsive. don't try this unless you are sure what you are doing.

And also I dont think it needs a power connector as it has no port. But the instruction says that it needs one.

where you found the instructions? was it for GT220? this is true for highend cards not entry level ones.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The instructions came with the gfx card.

What do you mean link of the card?

most probably the instruction manual is for generic gfx card models not specifically made for the gpu you have but GT220 even GT240 needs no external power connector - they gets power through the pci-e slot which is more than enough ;-)

OP
Skynaveen

Skynaveen

★★★-DREADLORD-★★★
err....the link of the model
Graphic Card Models

Thats the link of the model in xfx website if this is what you mean

most probably the instruction manual is for generic gfx card models not specifically made for the gpu you have but GT220 even GT240 needs no external power connector - they gets power through the pci-e slot which is more than enough ;-)
Thank you very much. I am greatly relieved to hear that.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Thanks for the info ... for OCing Nvidia gfx cards you can also try EVGA Precision - Highly recommended ;-)

guru_urug

iGoogle
@OP pls tell us something about gaming experience difference and fps in some games and benchmarks like heaven,3Dmark11,3Dmark vantage.
You need to find the sweet spot for your overclock, else its just more heat and power for 0.5-1fps. Overclock it to find where the performance gain starts to cap off.

Read this thread to get an idea
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/overclocking-show-off/148593-amd-radeon-hd-6850-overclocked-1-ghz.html

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
What about rivatuner? Isn't it that good ?

Rivatuner is no longer in development and it's just too old because of AFB which is based on RivaTuner - so the latest version AFB can be called as the latest RiveTuner ;-)

Personally for Nvidia gpus I use EVGA Precision and for AMD gfx card sapphire Trixx is best ;-)

Top Bottom