GRID 2 thread

grid was not an sim game from any angle.
it was like Dirt 1, awesome graphics, piss poor coding when it came to physics, the handling was retarded, & thats not sim.
play NFS PU, thats the best sim-arcade game, then play GTR2, thats a fully blown sim, now play grid & tell what it is. :|

Either you havent understood my point or havent read my post clearly.:) i have played almost all of them.Dirt is a bit different than grid.grid felt easier.Btw where i have said grid is a pure sim.Please read again.

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Although I am no lover of cockpit view, but dropping it for the sake of catering to wider audience is bull****. Codemasters first played with the names in both Race Driver and Colin McRae Rally series and now this. I hope this game won't become another Dirt Showdown, but then the way Codies are moving these days I am counting on that.

Before our excitements grow thin, I hope they will come out with something interesting.

Another video from GameTrailers:-

[youtube]BLC4bwCFlBg[/youtube]

cyborg47

Technomancer
grid was not an sim game from any angle.
it was like Dirt 1, awesome graphics, piss poor coding when it came to physics, the handling was retarded, & thats not sim.
play NFS PU, thats the best sim-arcade game, then play GTR2, thats a fully blown sim, now play grid & tell what it is. :|

The retarded handling is totally your opinion. The handling was what made Grid so great for me, amazing learning curve and also, scared away a lot of friends of mine whom I'd suggested this game to.
Whoever calls Grid a Sim is an idiot. Grid isn't a sim and it never aimed to be one, the difficulty probably gives the game a simulation feel, but I thought it was a good mix of both, and Codies nailed it.

Last edited:
OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is a very depressing read:-

Codemasters unashamedly lying to its fans; claims they’re getting everything possible from consoles | DSOGaming | The Dark Side Of Gaming

What also worries us is that GRID 2 might get a DLC. If it does, this means that Codemasters thought that a DLC was more important than a cockpit view. Of course this decision was not made with gamers in mind. They’ll definitely say something along the lines of ‘the DLC has cars for all gamers and not a feature for a specific number of gamers,‘ but we all know why they’d prefer a DLC over a cockpit view. Funny thing is that the DLC is for a specific number of gamers - those who will actually buy it – and not for those who have already purchased the game.

Moody concluded that Codemasters is now incredibly familiar with the current hardware and have reached the point that they’re getting ‘EVERYTHING possible from it.’ And this is precisely why we – kind of – hate all those PR crap. No Moody, you are not getting everything possible from consoles if you’re forced to cut a feature in order to save memory and graphical resources. While we are at it, let’s cut the manual shifting in order to gain some CPU calculations. This is a console limitation and nothing more. Of course, clever programming can overcome those limitations. As said, low-res terrain textures when the cockpit view is chosen is the way to go. Of course the textures can be switched back to the high-res versions whenever a player chooses another view. Now that’s how you optimize your games Codies and save resources, without sacrificing a feature. And that’s precisely why Codemasters is lying to its fans, in one of the worst attempts at damage control.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Their reason was so stupid, Codemasters are such a successful studio and THEY are concerned about resources for one of their best games? Slightly Mad Studios, got two successful games but still no where near as Dirt series or Grid, are working on a crowd funded game Project CARS are having enough resources to add super detailed cockpit views, WHILST working on TestDrive Ferrari at the same time...and the Bafta award winning studio Codemasters cannot do that :| sounds like bull$hit to me.

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
I liked GRID . I liked the handling as well. I used to play with my xbox 360 (on PC)controller . I configured my Logitech Driving force GT in the game, but the result was horrible. The cars were uncontrollable , and either used to over-steer or didnt turn at all.

gameranand

Living to Play
Why I am loosing faith in this game ?? Maybe because of dev interviews and their stupid reasoning.

Why I am loosing faith in this game ?? Maybe because of dev interviews and their stupid reasoning.

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
5 screens for your viewing pleasure (resized):-

*i.imgur.com/V4Rbs.jpg

*i.imgur.com/u7TYx.jpg

*i.imgur.com/t7UAX.jpg

*i.imgur.com/wxMnE.jpg

*i.imgur.com/wMEqq.jpg

Originals here:-

GRID 2 – Five New Previews — VirtualR – Sim Racing News

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gaming Website Designing Achievements and Trophy List for GRID 2

In a rather strange but logical move, Codemasters will be enlisting the help of gaming website Xbox360Achievements and its sister site PS3 Trophies to design and create the Achievements and Trophy list for GRID 2.

The site will be documenting the process from start to finish, and players will be able to track what goes into creating Achievements and Trophies for games with a series of features, video blogs and more.

This is a unique move, hopefully this will bring something fresh to the table.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Btw i'm also a big fan of Race driver grid but found it a lot difficult playing using a keyboard. This game needs a controller or a steering wheel setup for optimum experience.
Its the best realistic simulation i've come across sporting amazing visuals back in 2008. I liked the intro song a lot. Sharing that with you guys:

[YOUTUBE]bT3NU7lAoFk[/YOUTUBE]

d3p

PowerHouse
eh... I never found any problem with keyboard. As smooth as ever.

Yup, I still prefer KB for GRID for some reason, worked like a charm.

Meh...not again.

Guys, enjoy the game with whatever you're comfortable with.

Doesn't really matter whether you use hands, legs, heads or something else.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Live Route System Demo.

[youtube]EoofO9NTovM[/youtube]

Sharing Grid 2 Chicago Gameplay..

[youtube]VrnScDRlNw4[/youtube]

Early Comparison between GRID & GRID 2

[youtube]cs86tyGrJIE[/youtube]

Last edited:
OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for sharing. Original Grid looks like those vintage videos or album photos. :)

gameranand

Living to Play
Guys in this game would we also be racing off tracks because as per screenshots there are some events like that.

Here are some links from Codies
GRID 2 - The Lighting
GRID 2: The LiveRoutes™ System

Top Bottom