GRID 2 thread

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's official now, Grid 2 is returning on our PCs & consoles next year. :hyper: The official site is here:-

GRID 2

You can check the announcement trailer below:-

[YOUTUBE]8yKCS8B6_SA[/YOUTUBE]

As per reports, the game will be shown at the Eurogamer Expo at London’s Earls Court from 27th-30th September. After spending hours with the first game, can't wait for this one.

sxyadii

Drifting in DIRT 2
Re: Grid 2 Discussion Thread

Bad news - no cockpit view in GRID 2 :( = no buy

Link : Grid 2 - Reveal Interview - YouTube

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

People have forgotten the predecessor of the Grid series, TOCA Race Driver. Frankly, that series had more simulation elements as compared to Grid. And more variety as regards tracks and cars. But Grid is far more accessible to a wider audience. Lets hope Codies can keep most of the gamers happy with the latest iteration.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

I seriously hope they include cockpit view in the final build. the game is incomplete without it :(

If its true then good as recently i purchased Steelseries Simraceway SRW-S1 Steering Wheel Joystick

gameranand

Living to Play

I was just waiting for someone to start a thread for this game. I am still playing GRID nowadays. Lets hope next game is also like 1st one with some improvements.

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

I was just waiting for someone to start a thread for this game.

I was waiting for something concrete. :D

I am still playing GRID nowadays.

Same here, every now and then I fire up the game when there's not enough time to spend exploring a new game.

anyone wants to compete.Beware i am playing with a wheel.:twisted: If you too have it then it will be awesome.:-D
Controls are ridiculous on keyboard.

cyborg47

Technomancer

Whats with the racing game devs pissing on the fans recently? No customization in Most Wanted, and Cockpit cam removal from Grid2 with such a lame reason.
I hope the backlash will be big enough for them to add it some time later.
Other than that, I'm totally excited for this, and the fact that I'm on PC makes me even happier :D

gameranand

Living to Play

Too bad that game is not going to have cockpit view. I like to use this view every now and then.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

People have forgotten the predecessor of the Grid series, TOCA Race Driver. Frankly, that series had more simulation elements as compared to Grid. And more variety as regards tracks and cars. But Grid is far more accessible to a wider audience. Lets hope Codies can keep most of the gamers happy with the latest iteration.

codenoobsters did the same with Colin McRae Rally (CMR) & turned it into a pos series, atleast they gave it a suitable name - DiRT :p
i think all devs are trying beat each other on being noobs. :lol:
the best racing games till date are-
nfs2, nfs Porsche Unleashed & MW, f1 2001, cmr 03, 05 , toca race driver, GTR2. (cant think of others, sleepy :p)
the best games were made in early 2000, now, they just want to make money by doing nothing.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cockpit view removed is :mad:.

loled @ "codenoobsters" :mrgreen:

Offtopic and Funfact: Anil Ambani's Reliance has majoirty stake in Codemasters.

cyborg47

Technomancer

codenoobsters did the same with Colin McRae Rally (CMR) & turned it into a pos series, atleast they gave it a suitable name - DiRT :p
i think all devs are trying beat each other on being noobs. :lol:
the best racing games till date are-
nfs2, nfs Porsche Unleashed & MW, f1 2001, cmr 03, 05 , toca race driver, GTR2. (cant think of others, sleepy :p)
the best games were made in early 2000, now, they just want to make money by doing nothing.

What has its predecessor got to do with Grid? its a different game in the series, does not make it a sequel to be compared to. Comparing Grid 2 to 1, and criticizing it(if it turns out to be dumbed down) makes sense rather than comparing it to a different game.

Coming to the difficulty, I don't think Grid was aimed at the 'wider audience' or 'noobs' :|
At least it wasn't as easy or as dumbed down as today's arcade racers. It was a good or I might say a perfectly balanced arcade/sim ;)

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
I have played Toca racing too and its damn good game. But I can't say that GRID was a bad game. Both games had learning curve, in GRID it was it was simpler.

d3p

PowerHouse
Race Driver : GRID AI & Cars were much realistic. Gameplay was much better than any arcade or Semi - Simulation available between 2008 - 2009. Even now also, there's no match w.r.t gameplay & variety of racings.

Cabin View is far better than cockpit view. Though its a varies from people to people.

Atleast i don't have to complain about it. I have the self made cockpit at my home....:-D

People with KB's or Gamepad might feel the need of cockpit view, but not the same with Wheels.

Anyway, Codies gameplay is always better than NFS Sh!t...anyday.

Last edited:
Cockpit view removed is :mad:.

loled @ "codenoobsters" :mrgreen:
Cockpit view is the most difficult part to create maybe thats why.

But till now no sims can come close to forza 4 or GT5.
I have played many sims most of them like toca race driver and GTR2 are for hardcore racers only.they are hardcore sim and lacks the fun part.where a noob wont enjoy it if he plays for the first time.

Last edited:
^^If you ask me i will say YES i am a cockpit lover too.Damn i have completed shift (awesome game) two times only for that.:D
In my view in cockpit view category shift owns the first place following forza 4,GT5 and the dirt series.
What i understand is grid is a game targeted towards a larger audience.Therefore not having a cockpit view is not a problem for them.Go for dirt series if you want cockpit view.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
grid was not an sim game from any angle.
it was like Dirt 1, awesome graphics, piss poor coding when it came to physics, the handling was retarded, & thats not sim.
play NFS PU, thats the best sim-arcade game, then play GTR2, thats a fully blown sim, now play grid & tell what it is. :|

Top Bottom