Graphics Cards related queries here.

Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

According to science, the limiting value is 10FPS, go beyond that and you can see a movie from a set of photos.

The human mind persists a image for 1/10 seconds, so 10*1/10=1, so need 10FPS to see a continuous movie:- *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistence_of_vision(Scroll down and look at the horse)

Computer graphics work in a bit different way. Look here:- *amo.net/NT/02-21-01FPS.html, a 60FPS is the best sufficient value.

excellent answer for FPS question.

sephiroth

Right off the assembly line

@imgame2:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=943715&postcount=6100
nicely said and done:D:D:D:D.

@sephiroth:What problems in performance are you having?
What resolution do you play at and with what settings and what games?
Do you have the latest drivers for your gfx card and mobo and bios fixes for your mobo?
What are the specs of your friend's PC?
Please answer these so we can help you better.

well, the thing is .. take the game assasin's creed; well sometimes the frame rates become slow. the same things is with crysis. I play at 1152 by 864 pixels. n how do i check if i have got the latest drivers or not and where do i get the bios fixes for my mobo??
my friend's specs are lower than mine. he's got 2gb ram, xfx 9600gt 512mb a core 2 duo 2.66 ghz processor and so on...

@sephiroth:If you haven't installed drivers for your gfx card in the past month then you are missing on updates.To check go to control panel and click on nvidia control centre or something to find the version number.
Check your BIOS ver by pressing a special button before boot sequence it is generally F2 or F9 or DEL key(if none of the above use google).Visit the site of mobo manufacturer to find latest BIOS and be careful to follow the instructions exactly.
Well Crysis and Assassin's Creed are demanding games, be sure to change settings of in game options like AA and shadows appropriately etc which can change how smooth your game play is,also on a side note make sure that
1)your HDD is defragmented (since a fragmented can result in slow data accesses and impair game play)
2)you have a minimum of programs running in the background and also if you are using a 32bit OS then you are not going to get use of all that 4GB ram(maybe 3GB with some tweaking in win xp not sure about vista).
BTW that is some odd resolution to play your game in.

tkin

Back to school!!

well, the thing is .. take the game assasin's creed; well sometimes the frame rates become slow. the same things is with crysis. I play at 1152 by 864 pixels. n how do i check if i have got the latest drivers or not and where do i get the bios fixes for my mobo??
my friend's specs are lower than mine. he's got 2gb ram, xfx 9600gt 512mb a core 2 duo 2.66 ghz processor and so on...
Just a crack, go to bios and look for something called:- PCI latency timer, make sure its 64 or higher(128 in some case), the more, the merrier, but don't over do it.

I take no responsibility if you F**k your system like this, get a technician if necessary:confused:

lal*

Right off the assembly line

Go get Cheap Palit Graphic card HD3850 of 512 MB DDR3 and 256bit at Rs 6200 and of HD4850 in Rs 9200 of 512 MB DDR3 and 256bit. now this cheap.. yester day I bought 500GB HDD SATA for Rs 3000:)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

see this

aint it cool ??

Go get Cheap Palit Graphic card HD3850 of 512 MB DDR3 and 256bit at Rs 6200 and of HD4850 in Rs 9200 of 512 MB DDR3 and 256bit. now this cheap.. yester day I bought 500GB HDD SATA for Rs 3000:)

and whats this suppose to mean ??

Last edited:

nvidia

-----ATi-----

Guys i found out why my card was overheating!
The damn fan was never running.:mad:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

^^^^ROFLMAO.............haha.....lol......:lol:. And you were cursing XFX

now see this

nvidia

-----ATi-----

Err.. Whats special about that?
And its not my fault that the fan isn't running. Its a manufacturing defect.

nvidia

-----ATi-----

Some heat was absorbed by the heat sink.
The card NEVER went above 127C. Once it reaches 127C, everything starts to slow down. I hardly get 1 FPS in COD4 when temp is 127C.
It reduces the load completely to stop any further increase in temperature.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Guys i found out why my card was overheating!
The damn fan was never running.:mad:

And..........since when have you been running your GPU without the FAN operational..how many days...!..Gosh that is one warrior chip..!

nvidia

-----ATi-----

Actually, the card runs fine when there is no load.. Once the load increases the fan stops.. I think it might be a power supply problem.. Will check it out on friend's PC.

rahuljin

Broken In

hi
i want to buy a 4850. can anyone tell me a shop at computer market, wazirpur industrial area, delhi.
i have a p4 with 925v2 mobo, 2gb ddr2 533mhz ram, xfx 6800gt (3 yr old), vista ultimate.
i dont want to upgrade now but in dec or jan.
is it good for my system to buy a product (as my system is very old) ??

one more thing --- is benq is 21.5" lcd better that dell's for gaming, movie etc.??
(sorry i know that it is graphic card thread, but i dot want to create a new thread)

btw thanks ;);)

tkin

Back to school!!

hi
i want to buy a 4850. can anyone tell me a shop at computer market, wazirpur industrial area, delhi.
i have a p4 with 925v2 mobo, 2gb ddr2 533mhz ram, xfx 6800gt (3 yr old), vista ultimate.
i dont want to upgrade now but in dec or jan.
is it good for my system to buy a product (as my system is very old) ??

one more thing --- is benq is 21.5" lcd better that dell's for gaming, movie etc.??
(sorry i know that it is graphic card thread, but i dot want to create a new thread)

btw thanks ;);)
Since I live in Kolkata can't answer the first questen:(

2nd questen:-
Dell LCDs are the best, no other brand comes close, but they are pretty costly(Performance at a price):D:rolleyes::D

imgame2

Padawan

hi
delhi people can guide u better about a particular shop ...but nehru place has lots of them.

btw thanks ;);)
well reviews are not yet out but the monitor from Benq E2200 HD/HDA series is the only 22" (viewable area 21.5" ) that supports full HD (1900x1200 resolution) but nothing is known about picture quality and other things... this is an exciting feature for any LCD buyers ..full HD @ 13k ....wait for some time and let the reviews come out for this monitor if they are positive i think its better to go for that model for benq as dell's model are costlier but better so far ....

Last edited:

ayush002

Broken In

i want to buy a grfc card within a month or two.i hv zeroed in on palit hd4850, along with corsair vx450w.I hv heard in this forum only, that there are some compatibility issues of vx450 with some ups(sine wave).I will b using my system without a ups for a while(no powercuts). will it run fine, or i should look at some other psu?

imgame2

Padawan

i want to buy a grfc card within a month or two.i hv zeroed in on palit hd4850, along with corsair vx450w.I hv heard in this forum only, that there are some compatibility issues of vx450 with some ups(sine wave).I will b using my system without a ups for a while(no powercuts). will it run fine, or i should look at some other psu?

i m using vx450 + palit 4850 ...both runs quiet which any hassle whatsoever ...go ahead with it ...if u have no UPS issue ...

Last edited:

ayush002

Broken In

i m using vx450 + palit 4850 ...both runs quiet which any hassle whatso every ...go ahead with it ...if u have no UPS issue ...

will it run fine with direct ac power supply? also tell me the cheapest sinewave ups for my config.

imgame2

Padawan

will it run fine with direct ac power supply? also tell me the cheapest sinewave ups for my config.

yes my friend it will..thats how i m using its directly connected to the switchboard....wait till tomo and i can tell u if this PSU will ever need sine wave UPS cos i can't find a hard evidence which says it needs it ....let me find out and tell u

Top Bottom